Mr. Chen, my Classic is still running great but it can't last forever. Are you really going to leave me with just two choices? Android - w/pre-installed Google apps that I can't remove or control. Over priced iOS devices that force me into a ecosystem I don't want.

I've spent my hard earned $$$ on BlackBerry devices for years and now it seems I have only TWO choices for my next device. How can this be? You may not sell millions of BB10 phones, but I'll buy one (or two).

Will it really bankrupt BlackBerry to update the specs on the Classic and release a new one? The Priv hasn't really saved BlackBerry right?

Why not test the waters and re-up on BlackBerry10? The iPhone market has maxed-out, and those "in the know" don't want to hand over their entire digital lives to Android (aka Google).

There's a place for BlackBerry10. Take a chance on all the BlackBerry diehards, we have $ too. You might sell more devices than you'd expect. I know I'd spend my hard earned $$$ on a new BlackBerry10 phone...

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    02-04-16 03:15 AM
    If there is no real new BB1O phone, then I am out. Cant trust BlackBerry anymore.
    Think I'm switching to Windows phone.

Posted via Z30
    Omahahaha likes this.
    02-04-16 03:20 AM
    BlackBerry are making 2 Android phones now?!?!?!

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.2.2789 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.6.28
    02-04-16 03:47 AM
    OP, the answer is yes to all of the questions you want to hear a "No" to and "No" to all of the questions you want to hear a "yes" to.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    02-04-16 08:28 AM
    If there is no real new BB1O phone, then I am out. Cant trust BlackBerry anymore.
    Think I'm switching to Windows phone.

Posted via Z30
    https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/6432...dows-phone-fan

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/...t-by-everyone/

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/28/10...-phone-is-dead

Off the Titanic, onto the Hindenburg.
    02-04-16 08:34 AM
    I just bought two new boxed BlackBerry Q10 devices. Haha. Not intentionally (amazon double order mix up) but I just may keep a spare Q10 in a box nearby when the time comes. Stock up on another classic is what I say! Haha I wouldn't expect much from BlackBerry going forward. A few updates maybe?

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    02-04-16 08:47 AM
    So we're gonna see windows market share increase by 0.01% considering 1/10 of existing BlackBerry 10 device owners want to go there. About 10k new windows in the hands of ex BlackBerry owners.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 09:39 AM
    Ya I just bought a z30. Hoping it last till next year( I am pretty hard on phones in construction). So hopefully there is a clear picture of what BlackBerry is doing next year but like the op I don't like android and I hate iTunes and that ecosystem. Might find another z30 before they are all gone.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 09:41 AM
    Blackberry needs to focus on one os and that is os10, but instead they just keep throwing stuff out there to see if it will stick.

I gave the new android blackberry a shot but after the second one still having many problems listed below, I returned it.
    I can't afford to be their Ginny pig and reluctantly got the iPhone 6s and you know what it's actually a really good phone. Don't get me wrong there is a lot things I miss from my blackberry z30 and I still play with it on wifi but you know what the iPhone simply just works and two or 3 plus years down the road it will still receive up dates unlike android phones which typically stop after two years to force you into buying a new phone.
    I can see why they have sold so many iphones and continue to.

To each their own

but my opinion blackberry should have put there time and money into os10

#1 build quality problems phone rattled and creaked and sounded like it was scraping the keyboard as you slide it open

#2 random battery drain one day it would be unbelievable good the next day it would need to be charged by noon

#3 phone would get extremely hot over 100 degrees at one point.

#4 screen had a dead spot at the top left corner.

#5 on screen keyboard had software issues in the area wear the letter a and letter s when typing and your word would appear so you could flick it you would have to try multiple times to get the word to flick into your sentence

#6 the physical keyboard in my opinion is a piece of crap can't believe blackberry would put there name on it.
    acovey likes this.
    02-04-16 10:32 AM
    Blackberry needs to focus on one os and that is os10, but instead they just keep throwing stuff out there to see if it will stick.

I gave the new android blackberry a shot but after the second one still having many problems listed below, I returned it.
    I can't afford to be their Ginny pig and reluctantly got the iPhone 6s and you know what it's actually a really good phone. Don't get me wrong there is a lot things I miss from my blackberry z30 and I still play with it on wifi but you know what the iPhone simply just works and two or 3 plus years down the road it will still receive up dates unlike android phones which typically stop after two years to force you into buying a new phone.
    I can see why they have sold so many iphones and continue to.

To each their own

but my opinion blackberry should have put there time and money into os10

#1 build quality problems phone rattled and creaked and sounded like it was scraping the keyboard as you slide it open

#2 random battery drain one day it would be unbelievable good the next day it would need to be charged by noon

#3 phone would get extremely hot over 100 degrees at one point.

#4 screen had a dead spot at the top left corner.

#5 on screen keyboard had software issues in the area wear the letter a and letter s when typing and your word would appear so you could flick it you would have to try multiple times to get the word to flick into your sentence

#6 the physical keyboard in my opinion is a piece of crap can't believe blackberry would put there name on it.
    Sales

All you have to do is track BB10 device sales for the last two years..... and it's clear why they have moved to Android. Their only other option was just getting out of hardware. As great as BB10 is as an OS, it just doesn't meet the needs of enough users to make it a viable platform. So far no one has explained how spending more money on BB10 would change the current sales numbers.

Is the PRIV perfect no, but how many of your issues were hardware related and not software? Of the software problems how many are a result of BlackBerry coding and not Google coding?

I think most everyone has two choices - which Apple phone or which Android phone will you use.
    JeepBB and SomeoneOrOther like this.
    02-04-16 11:13 AM
    Too bad they did not go the Nexus route with borrowed hardware and just concentrated on the security and BB Skin. A slider and PKB and new OS was too much for a first device.
    02-04-16 11:24 AM
    Sales

All you have to do is track BB10 device sales for the last two years..... and it's clear why they have moved to Android. Their only other option was just getting out of hardware. As great as BB10 is as an OS, it just doesn't meet the needs of enough users to make it a viable platform. So far no one has explained how spending more money on BB10 would change the current sales numbers.

Is the PRIV perfect no, but how many of your issues were hardware related and not software? Of the software problems how many are a result of BlackBerry coding and not Google coding?

I think most everyone has two choices - which Apple phone or which Android phone will you use.
    First They never Evan advertised os10 the only people who knew about it was blackberry die hards that's a big one.

Second they continue to push physical keyboard phones first and on screen keyboard phones second. Don't get me wrong I love a good physical keyboard
    But let's face it the majority of people have moved on from physical keyboards

Then they release an android phone that wasn't ready just look at the forums their plastered with people talking about all the issues.

Disable this download that do a factory reset that will fix it. You shouldn't have to do all of that when you buy a new phone

Did you buy a priv?
    Can I ask you what phone you are using now?
    CranksterBB10 and acovey like this.
    02-04-16 11:52 AM
    02-04-16 11:57 AM
    Too bad they did not go the Nexus route with borrowed hardware and just concentrated on the security and BB Skin. A slider and PKB and new OS was too much for a first device.
    Most likely because, as even Chen pointed out, you cannot guarantee security without controlling the hardware inside out.
    02-04-16 12:09 PM
    Most likely because, as even Chen pointed out, you cannot guarantee security without controlling the hardware inside out.
    Take, for example, the recently discovered MediaTek vulnerability: http://wccftech.com/open-backdoor-le...es-vulnerable/

CPU manufacturer leaves debug backdoor in code, device manufacturer forgets to close the door.

Assuming BlackBerry and Qualcomm are buddies enough to provide stuff like the hardware root of trust that BlackBerry keeps talking about, they probably would notice something like that.
    02-04-16 12:13 PM
    Hey...
    You forgot the TM when you used it first. I assumed it was now public domain.
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-04-16 01:40 PM
    I just bought two new boxed BlackBerry Q10 devices. Haha. Not intentionally (amazon double order mix up) but I just may keep a spare Q10 in a box nearby when the time comes. Stock up on another classic is what I say! Haha I wouldn't expect much from BlackBerry going forward. A few updates maybe?

Posted via CB10
    exactly what I'm going to do, apart from that I get a PP next week and another Classic in April, but stocking up is the way to do it.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-04-16 01:42 PM
    and that's why OS10 will never ever be available to any other mobile device other than a BlackBerry device.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-04-16 01:43 PM
    It's a 2-OS world. The market has spoken, the developers have spoken. BlackBerry didn't adapt fast enough and got left behind. MS is facing the same harsh reality, but they just have a lot more $$ to throw at it before they finally give up.

That's at least better than on the PC where it's Microsoft or bust since I have played a LOT of video games over the past 22 years. Honestly if there was one OS that I could have infinite support and upgrades for, it would be Vista. It was rushed out too soon, but by the time it was polished up it had been left behind.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    02-04-16 04:08 PM
    Are we still here? BlackBerry moving to Android isn't a guaranteed success, it's an opportunity to find it. BB10 was not a success and thus BlackBerry is letting it go. There are no more waters to test, they've been tested.

Is it a shame to see BB10 go? Hell yea. Can you blame them? A bit, but when most of the population could care less you can see why.
    Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 04:13 PM
    First They never Evan advertised os10 the only people who knew about it was blackberry die hards that's a big one.

Second they continue to push physical keyboard phones first and on screen keyboard phones second. Don't get me wrong I love a good physical keyboard
    But let's face it the majority of people have moved on from physical keyboards

Then they release an android phone that wasn't ready just look at the forums their plastered with people talking about all the issues.

Disable this download that do a factory reset that will fix it. You shouldn't have to do all of that when you buy a new phone

Did you buy a priv?
    Can I ask you what phone you are using now?
    The Priv doesn't have that many problems in reality, besides its stupid name. Go to any forum for any phone ever, the people with issues are the loudest. If you judged phones by their discussion forums you would think smartphones aren't even usable.

Not to mention most of those "problems" have to do with learning how to use Android since this forum has a BB10 user base. Go to Android Central or XDA and you'll see a different story.
    02-04-16 04:17 PM
    Blackberry has been testing the waters with BB10 for several years now. It's has been a complete failure in the marketplace.
    02-04-16 04:22 PM
    Let's just hope we can witness a shift from app based ecosystems to a single, universal deployment such as HTML5.

Only then could BB10 be viable, but as it stands, ecosystems are king and apps are a necessity to the majority of the population.

It's sad, i miss BB10 and am strongly considering replacing Priv with a Passport or Classic simply because the level of unhindered Google infiltration concerns me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    acovey likes this.
    02-04-16 04:34 PM
    Let's just hope we can witness a shift from app based ecosystems to a single, universal deployment such as HTML5.

Only then could BB10 be viable, but as it stands, ecosystems are king and apps are a necessity to the majority of the population.

It's sad, i miss BB10 and am strongly considering replacing Priv with a Passport or Classic simply because the level of unhindered Google infiltration concerns me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Native apps run a lot better and the big ecosystems are controlled by the two most valuable companies in the world, I don't see it ever changing.
    cribble2k and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    02-04-16 05:16 PM
    Take, for example, the recently discovered MediaTek vulnerability: http://wccftech.com/open-backdoor-le...es-vulnerable/

CPU manufacturer leaves debug backdoor in code, device manufacturer forgets to close the door.

Assuming BlackBerry and Qualcomm are buddies enough to provide stuff like the hardware root of trust that BlackBerry keeps talking about, they probably would notice something like that.
    I would think they are. Qualcomm started out with US military technology.
    I would not expect a phone used by the 5eye governments to use other than US designed chips.
    Mediatek is a Taiwanese company.
    ARM is a UK company.
    All digital cores in phones are based on ARM, except those from Intel and likely in windows phones.
    Essentially all the critical RF and processor chips and the IP inside them are either designed by US companies (Qualcomm, apple) and/or use ARM digital libraries.
    The first level of security is in the IC itself. Software comes after..
    02-04-16 05:45 PM
113 123 ...