I'm seriously loving my blackberry so far, but I just had one question. Is it possible to make my work email account only push to my bberry at certain times? Like for instance I'd like to set up some kind of filter that would turn off the push service during weekdays when I'm already at work, and using the computer. But then during weeknights and weekends have it push through.

It just seems like a waste during the weekdays to have my work account push, I'm already on the computer so I read my mail there, but I want the mail to come through at night.

Is this possible?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-07 07:32 AM
    if you leave your Blackberry synced during the day, it should disable your re-director (this is a feature you can enable). As long as the Blackberry is connected to the computer; it won't 'push' your messages to the hand held. I have the same problem. Though for battery life purposes I don't leave it hooked up and charging all day long. I merely synchronize at the end of the day to have everything I did with those emails in my Outlook be reflected on my BB device.
    09-06-07 09:06 AM
    Jarmer,

Welcome to the forum and what dwl mentioned is exactly what my friend does as well. Hope you enjoy your blackberry as much as we all do.

Have a great day!
    Gia
    09-06-07 09:35 AM
    thanks for the responses....

I knew about the desktop redirector w/ plugged in bb, but I was actually wondering if there was some other way using filters on my BIS account, or with some kind of forwarding filters or something...?

see, I'm not always actually sitting right at my pc, I move around a lot in the office, so I need my phone on me. but at the same time I will use the office pc to answer all emails, therefore I don't need them going to the phone as well.
    09-06-07 02:51 PM
    As long as the Blackberry is connected to the computer; it won't 'push' your messages to the hand held.

Sooooo... bear with me!!

I have my work email addy set to go to my BB - which works great. What you are saying is -- if I plug the BB into my PC at the office via the USB cable -- then the email ONLY goes to the PC and NOT to the BB???

Ramona Chester NH
    09-09-07 07:45 AM
    That is an OPTION within Desktop Manager!!! You can tell it, "If BlackBerry connected to pc, do not redirect to BlackBerry". Alternatively, you can turn this option off in Desktop Manager...
    09-09-07 07:53 AM
    Where are all these choices on Desktop Manager hiding!!!!???
    Ramona
    09-09-07 12:05 PM
    Email settings - but, coming to think of it, this option will only be available if you're on BES, and have installed Desktop Manager based on that...
    09-09-07 12:23 PM
    BES? I dont think I have that. I am just a single user with my laptop. But thanks for your patience with my questions and all your help.
    09-09-07 07:19 PM
    It works for the re-director as well.
    09-10-07 08:18 AM
    So is there any way to make this happen WITHOUT my BB connected to my computer - for one thing I'm a Mac user so I've never used the Desktop Manager, and I certainly wouldn't want to tether my phone to the computer every time I wanted it to stop getting emails pushed to it anyway.

There's got to be a better way than this, right?
    09-22-07 10:27 AM
    Really a problem here. Can't turn off push when I want to ..What a serious and obvious oversight. Push it great, just like needles when you need it... I to sit at my desk and DO not sync with work nor may we load any apps on our computers. Although I have admin privileges I won't betray that trust. WHY NOT A SIMPLE PUSH ON/OFF????? Really sad. I hate receiving mail in the middle of the night as well! I WANT TO TURN IT OFF WHEN I WANT TO TURN IT OFF..
    06-19-09 12:05 PM
    I had the same problem. The only solution I found was to go on to the carrier's BIS website > choose the email address in question > choose Filters > choose "Do not forward to this device."

The sucky part about that is there is no way to do this from the BB itself, ie. email set up. Yes, you can access the BIS website but not the filters. Another RIM oversight in my opinion.

Additionally, you cannot access the carrier's BIS website from the BB browser. So what I did was install OperaMini (a 3rd party browser) and from there you can access the carrier's BIS website. Doing it this way will give you access to the filters from the BB itself.

Mind you, this would mean you would have to "turn off push" and "back on" manually, but it's an option.
    06-19-09 05:25 PM
    And if it's the email notification alert that is bothering you, just use a different Audio Profile at different times of the day.
    06-19-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD