You just HAVE to complain about something don't you. You should be happy about their announcement. It shows that they aren't sitting on their ***, they're working on getting another model to you this year. Stock goes up. I can't believe how entitled you are acting. You have no idea what kind of infrastructure it takes to develop a product like this. You just want everything now now now. Smh. Be happy with what you have and more will be coming.

Posted via CB10
    Are you joking? Entitled? I have access to other devices with twice the specs of BlackBerry 10 devices yet I choose to use a Q10.

I am a proud BlackBerry fan and I purchased all their devices retail from verizon. That's real money to BlackBerry. I argue with everyone I know with a galaxy and iphone about how awesome BlackBerry 10 is.

You think after years of loyalty and being strung along with promises, that some of us wouldn't be upset with how were being strung along again with another promise of an old school Q20 with track pad that won't be available forever.

I don't blame anyone for switching. Its complete nonsense if we have to wait through a galaxy s5 release and iphone 6 and others before we see any love as BlackBerry fans. The only entitled person here is you.

How long shall we keep waiting for BlackBerry to adress it's fans.

Posted by Antoniius via my sexy white Q10.
    richardat likes this.
    02-25-14 03:57 PM
    ... But I need a bigger screen with a keyboard ....

Maybe you should try to hook up one of your 3 BB10 devices to your ??inch monitor using the HDMI port, and purchase Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse (which you may already have).
    You will then have a way larger screen than you are presently expecting also with a physical keyboard.
    Once on the go, you will still have pocket size friendly device.
    02-25-14 03:59 PM
    I appreciate that. I actually do use it on a couple of hd tvs I have. Its useful for videos. Still would be much more useful to have a bigger screen along with a physical keyboard.

02-25-14 04:14 PM
    How old are you? Serious question!
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    02-25-14 04:34 PM
    I don't blame anyone for switching. Its complete nonsense if we have to wait through a galaxy s5 release and iphone 6 and others before we see any love as BlackBerry fans. The only entitled person here is you.

How is that nonsense? Since last February, they will have released Z10, Q10, Q5, Z10, Bold, P'9982, and then the Z3 (granted not available in US as far as we know). In that time, Apple will have released only an iPhone 5s and 5c. Your expectations are highly unrealistic. They can't churn out high quality devices every 4 months, no other company does. It takes time, for most companies that time is 1 year, which means 1 year from the release of the last high end device - Z30 in October - is a reasonable expectation of a Q20 release. Although it could come even sooner. There's a reason a new iPhone or Galaxy comes one year after the last.
    web99 likes this.
    02-25-14 04:57 PM
    Z3 probably sell like hot cakes in the UK if it's going to be free on contract

The one and only Iphone wallpaper channel C001F26A0 no hate please I personally own a Q10 and 9900 :-)
    02-25-14 05:11 PM
    You should probably wait for the rumored Windermere then.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 05:24 PM
    You might not be the only one mad, but you sure come across like a guy with a chip on his shoulder.
    I know many people who are still in the midst of a contract that are waiting to get a Q10. Their BlackBerry devices actually last the duration of their contract and they don't need a release every 3 months.
    It may be the American way but it's a pretty big world out there.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    02-25-14 05:27 PM
    What good does the z3 do us in the states? It will never be released here. Now they dangle the carrot of the q20 and say hang in there we have nothing to show but it will be out later this year...
    Quite simply, these low-end foxconn devices announced yesterday are not for you.

Barcelona was the stage for low-end device announcements as well as enterprise updates. No doubt BlackBerry will make announcements relating to high end touch and QWERTY devices at a future date - possible with hands-on devices for us all to drool over.

So don't be angry or disappointed - this simply wasn't targeting the market that you're in. That will come soon.
    02-25-14 05:41 PM
    I have no chip on my shoulder at all, I have no problem waiting a little bit for blackberry to release the phone that were all looking forward too. I could just as easily switch to another. But we have waited and waited.

Like I said before, the BlackBerry 10 devices were already way behind in specs when they were released last year. They all are very similar in specs too. I like them a lot but I want a device with better specs, bigger screen and a physical keyboard. Not really a lot to ask for. Its been over a year since the release of the z10 with no successor. The Z30 is exactly a z10 with bigger screen and battery.

I also don't know why you mention the pp devices unless you would like to go pay 3000 for a device with the same specs as a z10. Also the Q5 is nowhere to be found here. It was a "emerging markets phone".

So essentially you get the z10 or Q10 unless your lucky enough to have verizon then you can get the z30.

So call me crazy but I absolutely think BlackBerry is crazy to wait till after the galaxy s5 and iphone 6 come out. Then they will throw out the Q20. By then it will be to late.

02-25-14 05:45 PM
    So even if you get a latest BlackBerry, with all the hoo haa high end stuffs. Less than 6 month later Sony reveals a high end phone, HTC follows suit, then the usual suspects of Samsung and Huawei flooding everything they can, then right before you think the craziness ends, Apple decides to come out with a new ipad / ipod or whatever.

Then you look at your BlackBerry and woe "its no more the fastest, biggest, etc".

Woe be upon you?

I've seen stranger things, but this is one strange thing happening alright.

*Meanwhile, somewhere in Borneo, I hear my neighbour saying "wow look at this phone it has LTE YO, and it has like this ibeacon yo!", and I can barely contain my laughter because LTE won't be encroaching into wherever we are for another 2 years, and no ibeacons are even established here in a meaningful manner yet*
    02-25-14 05:53 PM
    I want a BB, give me back!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 06:04 PM
    OP,

Here is my take on the issue. BlackBerry no longer has the luxury of just releasing a phone for the sake of releasing one. Those days are long gone, as it did more harm than help the BBRY brand.

For each device that is now being released, there is a strategy behind it. - ie. The Z3 low cost for the emerging market to be released in Indonesia April and the Q20 for BBOS holdouts, for which the lack of the trackpad and navigation keys is a dealbreaker for them to move to BB10.

I believe that CEO and his team will have discussions with the US carriers to ensure that they will be on board when BBRY are ready to release their next flagship device.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    I really do not think that BBOS owners are hold outs because the Q10 did not have a trackpad. Many owners just have fewer demands for apps and all the other competencies of a modern smartphone. All of the BBOS owners that I know primarily use their phones for calling, texting and emailing. In other words, they will just keep on using their old BlackBerry phones until they break.

In the USA market, Chen has decided to bypass the carriers. He probably feels that the Z30 meets the needs of his target market . John Chen uses a BB 9982. Perhaps his idea of a flagship for Enterprise is different than yours.
    Gykesdollars likes this.
    02-25-14 06:21 PM
    So even if you get a latest BlackBerry, with all the hoo haa high end stuffs. Less than 6 month later Sony reveals a high end phone, HTC follows suit, then the usual suspects of Samsung and Huawei flooding everything they can, then right before you think the craziness ends, Apple decides to come out with a new ipad / ipod or whatever.

Then you look at your BlackBerry and woe "its no more the fastest, biggest, etc".

Woe be upon you?

I've seen stranger things, but this is one strange thing happening alright.

*Meanwhile, somewhere in Borneo, I hear my neighbour saying "wow look at this phone it has LTE YO, and it has like this ibeacon yo!", and I can barely contain my laughter because LTE won't be encroaching into wherever we are for another 2 years, and no ibeacons are even established here in a meaningful manner yet*
    Um I'm not even sure how to respond to this. I have stuck with my z10 and Q10 for quite a while and I like them both.

But I know I'm not the only person who would like a BlackBerry with bb10 and a bigger screen and physical keyboard and get tired of waiting with nothing but hints and promises from blackberry

02-25-14 06:22 PM
    Probably because it will be released with next major os update and probably linked to automobile qnx announcement again. Plus, they need increase user numbers fast for wallstreet and z3 may help that more then the difference between Q10 and Q20.. plus, they will want to see how well their new manufacturing partners perform as a soft launch to Q20.
    02-25-14 06:45 PM
    When Chen took over, he made it very clear that BB was going to be focusing on two markets:

1. Emerging markets where BB is still popular/well-regarded (relatively), and,
    2. Regulated enterprises.

Notice that the (mature-market) consumer market is no where on this list. He's not building these phones for that market, because he's not targeting that market. BB did that in 2013 and nearly destroyed itself.

The Z3 is for emerging markets. It's competing against phones like the Moto G and the Lumia 520, plus a bunch of cheaper but still surprisingly well-spec'ed phones from Chinese manufacturers that are currently selling very well in these markets. It is not, and was never intended to be a phone for the US, Canada, or Europe.

The Q20 is targeted at the regulated enterprise market, most of whom are still using legacy BBOS devices. Chen is hoping to give them a phone that is very easy to transition onto from BBOS, hence the "belt" of buttons. Again, this phone is NOT targeted at the general consumer market, and Chen frankly doesn't care what consumers think of it - he cares what those big enterprise companies are asking for, because that's who he is trying to sell too.

Sure, Chen will be fine if some consumers decide to buy a Z3 or Q20 on their own, and he knows a few people will, but he's not trying to please those people. He's trying to see if the handset business is even still viable, and so he's targeting the two markets where he expects to see the greatest chance of success. If these phones flop, then you can be sure that BB will be out of the handset business. If, instead, sales of these phones are good in their respective markets, then BB can take another look at the consumer market. That's going to be 2015 at the very earliest - he's made that quite clear.

Folks need to listen to the information Chen has given, and set their expectations accordingly. Anyone who is expecting any push in the consumer market before at least 2015 is fooling themselves, and setting themselves up for disappointment.
    02-25-14 08:59 PM
    I could care less about the z3
    So you DO care about the Z3? Or have you just fallen in to the common trap of saying 'I could care less' when you actually mean 'I could NOT care less'?

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    02-25-14 09:11 PM
    Dude slow and steady wins the race blackberry turn around doesn't happen over night bb10 is only a year old and the latest posting from CB means we will get high end devices as well besides the classic series

Affordable - Think phones like the newly-announced�BlackBerry Z3. The goal here is to get the BlackBerry experience into the hands of as many people at as low a price point as possible.

Classic - With a physical keyboard and the "tool belt" making its return, this is where the new Q20 fits in. This is the iconic BlackBerry experience that so many longtime BlackBerry users still love. It may not be a huge growth opportunity, but this is giving those loyal BlackBerry users what they want. Note, don't take the re-introduction of the toolbelt on the Q20 to mean they won't make another Q10-like device without it.�

High-End - During BlackBerry's press conference John Chen noted that BlackBerry is also working on some new, high-end smartphones that will be sought after not only by the BlackBerry core, but likely by the larger smartphone consumer base as well. While it was still too early for Francois to get into any details with us, judging by the grin on his face and sparkle in his eye as he talked about this, I can't help but believe BlackBerry has some really cool stuff coming our way. Great news for all us hardcore enthusiasts!

Prestige - Think expensive, like the Porsche Design BlackBerry P'9982. These are low volume, high-cost devices that help keep BlackBerry an aspirational brand.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 09:55 PM
    I am the biggest BlackBerry fan. Have the z10, z30 at home and use the q10 as my daily driver and love it. But I feel I need a bigger screen and I love my keyboard.

But why would BlackBerry reveal the Z3 then pretend to reveal the Q20? They have had over a year of development to show us a new device. All they offered was a name with no info and said ohh it will come out by the end of the year.

What good does the z3 do us in the states? It will never be released here. Now they dangle the carrot of the q20 and say hang in there we have nothing to show but it will be out later this year...

How long do they expect us to wait and hope for the best. Guess I was just excited to see the Q20...

No big deal; the Z30 is only at Verizon unless you buy an unlocked one to use with other carriers. What is the difference? Besides, the Z3 is an entry level devise. Probably U.S. carriers will do to the Q20 the same as with the Z30.
    02-25-14 09:56 PM
    When Chen took over, he made it very clear that BB was going to be focusing on two markets:

Notice that the (mature-market) consumer market is no where on this list. He's not building these phones for that market, because he's not targeting that market. BB did that in 2013 and nearly destroyed itself.

The Z3 is for emerging markets. It's competing against phones like the Moto G and the Lumia 520, plus a bunch of cheaper but still surprisingly well-spec'ed phones from Chinese manufacturers that are currently selling very well in these markets. It is not, and was never intended to be a phone for the US, Canada, or Europe.

The Q20 is targeted at the regulated enterprise market, most of whom are still using legacy BBOS devices. Chen is hoping to give them a phone that is very easy to transition onto from BBOS, hence the "belt" of buttons. Again, this phone is NOT targeted at the general consumer market, and Chen frankly doesn't care what consumers think of it - he cares what those big enterprise companies are asking for, because that's who he is trying to sell too.

Sure, Chen will be fine if some consumers decide to buy a Z3 or Q20 on their own, and he knows a few people will, but he's not trying to please those people. He's trying to see if the handset business is even still viable, and so he's targeting the two markets where he expects to see the greatest chance of success. If these phones flop, then you can be sure that BB will be out of the handset business. If, instead, sales of these phones are good in their respective markets, then BB can take another look at the consumer market. That's going to be 2015 at the very earliest - he's made that quite clear.

Folks need to listen to the information Chen has given, and set their expectations accordingly. Anyone who is expecting any push in the consumer market before at least 2015 is fooling themselves, and setting themselves up for disappointment.
    Small correction , the Z3 is a consumer device. I have a hard time believing that Enterprise employees would want a Q phone over a Z device. I think many Businesses that still use BlackBerry phones are just on the sidelines waiting to see if BB10 is a viable platform . Yes , the Q20 is a help but the Z30 would be more popular with the employees. If the Q20 and Z3 sell poorly, it will be Foxconn that pulls the plug. It is Foxconn that has the skin in the game.

As a side note , two of my adult children have Enterprise BB9900's that will be replaced when they break. their respective companies have a replacement strategy and not an adoption strategy.

I think it is business as usual in most markets other than the USA in 2014 unless BB runs out of pre-foxconn stock.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-25-14 10:15 PM
    Small correction , the Z3 is a consumer device.
    It's an emerging market consumer device, not a mature market consumer device. I thought I had made that distinction pretty clear, no?

The people complaining about these phones are the ones wanting a flagship device for mature market consumers.
    02-25-14 10:40 PM

Perfectly stated. Bravo.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    02-25-14 11:13 PM
    I could care less about the z3 my point is that it will never see the light of day in the US. And no I will not buy whatever they release. I have had an iphone 4-5s and several android phones (have a note 3 at home) and I love my Q10 the most.

But I need a bigger screen with a keyboard.

Not complaining but BlackBerry phones are already behind everything else and now they dangle the promise of a q20 to us and say ohh it will be released by the end of the year.

With the release of the galaxy s5 and iphone 6 are they seriously going to make us wait till the end of the year?

It's bs. They say ohh a q20 is coming but you will have to wait almost another year for it to be released. How long do they expect us to wait and hope for the best?

I seriously doubt you'll see it in US, it was called Jakarta for a reson.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    southlander likes this.
    02-26-14 02:33 AM
    It's an emerging market consumer device, not a mature market consumer device. I thought I had made that distinction pretty clear, no?

The people complaining about these phones are the ones wanting a flagship device for mature market consumers.
    The dictionary definition of first world problems.

Yes, the people complaining are first world consumers, and that's the key word: consumers. BlackBerry isn't trying to play the consumer game like they did with the Curves in the developed world. The only places where the low end margins are worth following are developing nations. For the mature consumer market, trying to follow up with every shiny new device from everyone else is just a recipe for failure. Let Samsung and Apple fight over the spec porn and hipster crowds, BlackBerry is in transition to becoming a software and services company that also offers handsets.

The real margins are going to be found in M2M and BES going forward. Everything BlackBerry has done lately has pointed to this. Even cross-platform BBM is a play for the MDM space since it gives BlackBerry a common manageable platform to allow all handsets to use. Also notice how the introduction of BBM for Windows phone was quickly followed by the BES12 announcement, which will also allow for management of Windows Phone devices.

Sorry consumers, but BlackBerry isn't that concerned with you right now and going down the rabbit hole of the shiny and new game.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by rthonpm; 02-26-14 at 05:10 AM.
    02-26-14 04:59 AM
    If they wait till the s5 comes out and the iphone 6 not to mention the new HTC One there will be tons of others jumping ship.

He'll I might be one of them. Don't know how many promises with more waiting I can take from BlackBerry.

And that's just it silver. Its launching over seas. Ohh and it just might come here? Yeah right. The z3 will never see the light of day here. We will be lucky if the dangling carrot of the Q20 makes it anywhere here and by the time it gets here it will probably be to late.

Oh man!! OP, what are you ranting about? Enough!! The world is larger than the USA, maybe you should get out so more; travel the world to enlighten yourself. The Z3 was always intended for Indonesia and other emerging markets during the initial phase. If it is successful in those markets, Foxconn will gladly market elsewhere. Foxconn and BlackBerry are in business to make profit, so if they think that USA market will be profitable, you can bet your life they will not hesitate to market the Z3 there.
    Chillax!! You are not the only true BB fan or the only one that has many BB10 phones, so don't get carried away and feel that BlackBerry owes you anything. These empty threats will not amount to anything. If you are so unhappy, keep moving. Its your money and you are free to spend it any which way you like.
    I know you might be surprised that not everyone feels the way you do. Some people are quite impressed or happy with the progress BlackBerry is making. Heck, even the "crazy" stock market is rallying...
    Oh by the way, BlackBerry is not dangling any Q20 carrot; BlackBerry will deliver Q20 when it says it will. Finally, do you have customers lined to buy Q20 when it is launched or you just care about your own selfish interest. SMH.
    02-26-14 08:19 AM
110 12345