I am the biggest BlackBerry fan. Have the z10, z30 at home and use the q10 as my daily driver and love it. But I feel I need a bigger screen and I love my keyboard.

But why would BlackBerry reveal the Z3 then pretend to reveal the Q20? They have had over a year of development to show us a new device. All they offered was a name with no info and said ohh it will come out by the end of the year.

What good does the z3 do us in the states? It will never be released here. Now they dangle the carrot of the q20 and say hang in there we have nothing to show but it will be out later this year...

How long do they expect us to wait and hope for the best. Guess I was just excited to see the Q20...

Posted by Antoniius via my sexy white Q10.
    02-25-14 12:20 PM
    I am the biggest BlackBerry fan. Have the z10, z30 at home and use the q10 as my daily driver and love it. But I feel I need a bigger screen and I love my keyboard.

But why would BlackBerry reveal the Z3 then pretend to reveal the Q20? They have had over a year of development to show us a new device. All they offered was a name with no info and said ohh it will come out by the end of the year.

What good does the z3 do us in the states? It will never be released here. Now they dangle the carrot of the q20 and say hang in there we have nothing to show but it will be out later this year...

How long do they expect us to wait and hope for the best. Guess I was just excited to see the Q20...

Because BlackBerry knows that you will buy whatever they sell.
    02-25-14 12:23 PM
    OK stop me if I'm wrong but you have a Z10, a Z30 and a Q10 to use. WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT ANOTHER PHONE LIKE THE Z3???
    Sorry. I can only afford one phone. You have 3 and among the 3 you're still not happy? I don't get it. Im not trying to be rude, but what are you complaining about?
    codiak, fanisk, cdnrower and 33 others like this.
    02-25-14 12:23 PM
    Because BlackBerry knows that you will buy whatever they sell.
    Fixed it for you!
    02-25-14 12:24 PM
    I could care less about the z3 my point is that it will never see the light of day in the US. And no I will not buy whatever they release. I have had an iphone 4-5s and several android phones (have a note 3 at home) and I love my Q10 the most.

But I need a bigger screen with a keyboard.

Not complaining but BlackBerry phones are already behind everything else and now they dangle the promise of a q20 to us and say ohh it will be released by the end of the year.

With the release of the galaxy s5 and iphone 6 are they seriously going to make us wait till the end of the year?

It's bs. They say ohh a q20 is coming but you will have to wait almost another year for it to be released. How long do they expect us to wait and hope for the best?

anon(5828343) and bbq10l like this.
    02-25-14 12:29 PM
    OK stop me if I'm wrong but you have a Z10, a Z30 and a Q10 to use. WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT ANOTHER PHONE LIKE THE Z3???
    Sorry. I can only afford one phone. You have 3 and among the 3 you're still not happy? I don't get it. Im not trying to be rude, but what are you complaining about?
    Just the same thought I had, can't afford more than one and with z30 I most happy first time I bought a mobile which was current in the market and I never had a feeling of liking on any other mobiles

Via The Monster Z30
    jaydee5799, fanisk and Shadowyugi like this.
    02-25-14 12:31 PM
    Shoot I would buy all phones you have but I don't want a Q10 and T-Mobile doesn't have the Z30. Anyways I would rather them work on the Q20's development to be sure it comes out perfect. They already know what specs they'll have on it. It's just the matter of designing and making the phone attractive to buy.

Posted via CB10
    Made in flanders and wincyUt like this.
    02-25-14 12:31 PM
    I agree I want them to get it right. A sleek and sexy powerful device is what we all want.

But the fact that that do this to us again. Dangle the carrot of the Q20 and tell us it's coming just wait almost another year...

Are they joking? Almost another year with nothing to show?

How many people are going to keep waiting after iphone 6 and galaxy S5 are released?

I love BlackBerry but so frustrated with pushing their fans to the backburner.

02-25-14 12:38 PM
    No angry, just disappointed

Sent flawlessly from my Z30!
    Flatman likes this.
    02-25-14 12:45 PM

It's bs. They say ohh a q20 is coming but you will have to wait almost another year for it to be released. How long do they expect us to wait and hope for the best?

Don't you already have THE BEST?
    You said you prefer your Q.
    Don't you have the sleekest and sexiest phone BB makes?
    What makes you think the Q20 is going to be better than the Z30?
    Shadowyugi, acovey and CerveloJohn like this.
    02-25-14 12:48 PM
    I agree I want them to get it right. A sleek and sexy powerful device is what we all want.

But the fact that that do this to us again. Dangle the carrot of the Q20 and tell us it's coming just wait almost another year...

Are they joking? Almost another year with nothing to show?

How many people are going to keep waiting after iphone 6 and galaxy S5 are released?

I love BlackBerry but so frustrated with pushing their fans to the backburner.

OP,

Here is my take on the issue. BlackBerry no longer has the luxury of just releasing a phone for the sake of releasing one. Those days are long gone, as it did more harm than help the BBRY brand.

For each device that is now being released, there is a strategy behind it. - ie. The Z3 low cost for the emerging market to be released in Indonesia April and the Q20 for BBOS holdouts, for which the lack of the trackpad and navigation keys is a dealbreaker for them to move to BB10.

I believe that CEO and his team will have discussions with the US carriers to ensure that they will be on board when BBRY are ready to release their next flagship device.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    02-25-14 12:48 PM
    I guess I somewhat agree. But isn't it bs they still continue to push us to the back burner like this?

I love BlackBerry I really do but it is a disappointment to all their loyal fans to just dangle a carrot of the Q20 with no info but track pads and say hang in there it will be out by the end of the year.

We've been hanging in there forever. And no the z10, q10, and z30 were all pretty similar with mostly the same or close specs.

After over a year of waiting they say ohh it's coming, don't have much to say but it should be out by almost another year.

Total bs to treat your fans this way BlackBerry. How many people are going to wait after iPhone 6 and Galaxy s5? And I didn't say I had the perfect device. I love my Q10 but I neeeeeed a bigger screen and keyboard!

02-25-14 12:57 PM
    When Chen first stepped into BBRY, he openly stated that aside from the Jakarta device (and possibly any other low end Foxconn devices) you'd see no new devices from BBRY until at least the end of 2014 or early 2015. So how exactly have they deviated from that initial claim?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    02-25-14 01:11 PM

Huge BB fan too, but why would they cater to a country that basically says no thanks. They are trying to rise up not sink deeper..JMO
    CDM76, BB_Junky and CerveloJohn like this.
    02-25-14 01:14 PM
    When Chen first stepped into BBRY, he openly stated that aside from the Jakarta device (and possibly any other low end Foxconn devices) you'd see no new devices from BBRY until at least the end of 2014 or early 2015. So how exactly have they deviated from that initial claim?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    True, they can only do what they have the resources to do anyways. I just don't understand if they have all those unsold Z10s in stock that didn't sell, why not revamp them? Make them a super phone... They are already made..just need some better hardware.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    02-25-14 01:15 PM
    You're talking about specs, but what use would you have of those better specs? Don't we have already the best BB10 experience this version can bring us? I got absolutely no lag anywhere for my part, specs can't make it better.

Now if you're talking about more features with a new BB10 version, now that would perhaps make our experience better.

I also share your point of view about a bigger screen with a keyboard, but as it has already been said, they can't come out with all possible variations of phone blindly; they have to aim at something that the market (not just a few customers) wants. Surgical strike is the key.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    02-25-14 01:19 PM
    The Z10 was released in February, the Q10 in April, the Q5 in June I believe and then the Z30 in October. They said second half of 2014 so anywhere from June to December, which would be around a 1 year from their last high end device - the Z30. This year waiting period is no different than waiting a year for the new iPhone or Galaxy device, so I don't see what the problem is here. You're lucky they mentioned anything about it at all, they didn't have to. They aren't dangling anything, they are just giving you a little teaser.

Right now they need money and market share, which a cheap device in emerging markets can provide so they've focused on a low end device, and because there are already around 3 high (med to high) devices for everyone else.

Enjoy the Z10 and 30, the Q10 and the Note 3 in the meantime.
    02-25-14 01:22 PM
    Personally, I don't think it's a "dangling carrot" at all. They released the Q10 and there were people that complained and/or wouldn't switch from their old Bold (insert device with a "belt" here) and Chen LISTENED - hallelujah! So, now there will be a Q20 and we will all have a choice - Qwerty with or without the "belt". Simple as that. I'm happy that they announced any devices at all, to be honest. That alone is more that a lot of people expected. From what I've read, the Q20 will be real eased at end of 3rd quarter or beginning of 4th quarter, which is not a "year" - it's more like 7-9 months. Keep in mind, this isn't the old Blackberry where they promise and we never see it. Chen has a lot riding on this, so I have no doubt the Q20 will be out on schedule and as promised. And, just because no other devices were announced at MWC (besides the Q20 & Z3) doesn't necessarily mean there can't be an announced device until NEXT MWC.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    JesseBabe23 and acovey like this.
    02-25-14 01:25 PM
    You will not see the z3 in the States and q20 is for die hard track pad fans, not for general public I think...?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 01:29 PM
    How many phones are you expecting BB to release in succession when sales aren't so good? Have some patience.
    02-25-14 01:44 PM
    Yup, no anger here. I've had my Z10 for a year and I love it. The only thing that could make it better IMHO is to make it like the Z30! (i.e. bigger battery, bigger screen, FM radio, & Mircast compatibility) I'm not due for an upgrade for another year so hopefully next year, I'll see an even better Z30 to upgrade to with better specs to help that Android player perform smoother and a bigger SD card and bigger HDD and RAM to load more apps! As it is, I've already deleted several to make space since the OS uses up a lot of the 16GB HDD
    02-25-14 01:50 PM
    Hahahaha. People complain about the craziest things.
    I could care less about the z3 my point is that it will never see the light of day in the US. And no I will not buy whatever they release. I have had an iphone 4-5s and several android phones (have a note 3 at home) and I love my Q10 the most.

But I need a bigger screen with a keyboard.

Not complaining but BlackBerry phones are already behind everything else and now they dangle the promise of a q20 to us and say ohh it will be released by the end of the year.

With the release of the galaxy s5 and iphone 6 are they seriously going to make us wait till the end of the year?

02-25-14 01:52 PM
    Then why in your profile picture are you using a device other than a Blackberry? When you say you are their biggest fan ever. Also in your profile pop up it says Z30 and ipad mini when you could have the other Blackberry phones you say you have listed there? I absolutely and unequivocally call Shenanigans.
    rthonpm likes this.
    02-25-14 02:05 PM
    I get it but sales weren't so great because they released a new os with devices that were already over a year behind in specs when they were released.

I'm one of the biggest BlackBerry fans you will find. I argue everyone I see down about how awesome BlackBerry 10 is. But it absolutely is dangling a carrot. They fully reveal the z3 and say ohh hey were releasing a q20 too just wait almost another year.

They said second half of this year not second quarter. Most reports say fall or later.

Maybe this time don't make millions and millions of phones to sit on shelves. Make a smaller amount for each area needed.

If they would just release one phone with killer specs and a keyboard and stop dragging us along and to hope for the best they would be back.

02-25-14 02:07 PM
    A slider would be amazing.

Tim Heard likes this.
    02-25-14 02:08 PM
110 123 ...