I can't find the comment now but someone said something about the Z3 and Q20 are the only devices being made, but correct me if I'm wrong didn't Chen say "a few" high end devices in the works?
    02-25-14 02:08 PM
    I agree Hello, I've heard that piece of info be dangled a couple random times too. But the last credible piece of info said later in 2015 for the really high end devices, if they even get made at all.

So another dangle and more waiting.

Posted by Antoniius via my sexy white Q10.
    02-25-14 02:11 PM
    I could care less about the z3 my point is that it will never see the light of day in the US. And no I will not buy whatever they release. I have had an iphone 4-5s and several android phones (have a note 3 at home) and I love my Q10 the most.

But I need a bigger screen with a keyboard.

Not complaining but BlackBerry phones are already behind everything else and now they dangle the promise of a q20 to us and say ohh it will be released by the end of the year.

With the release of the galaxy s5 and iphone 6 are they seriously going to make us wait till the end of the year?

It's bs. They say ohh a q20 is coming but you will have to wait almost another year for it to be released. How long do they expect us to wait and hope for the best?

Why do you have so many phones? Are you a developer?
    02-25-14 02:19 PM
    Computer programmer and a huge lover of tech. Moving to California at the end of the year can't wait!

02-25-14 02:22 PM
    I agree I want them to get it right. A sleek and sexy powerful device is what we all want.

But the fact that that do this to us again. Dangle the carrot of the Q20 and tell us it's coming just wait almost another year...

Are they joking? Almost another year with nothing to show?

How many people are going to keep waiting after iphone 6 and galaxy S5 are released?

I love BlackBerry but so frustrated with pushing their fans to the backburner.

I know I will not be waiting as I will be purchasing the Galaxy S5 the day it comes out. I have been a loyal BlackBerry user for 7 years but it's time to jump ship and this was evident as soon as I heard they are bringing back the track pad.

Posted Via AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    02-25-14 02:32 PM
    1. More than a year to develop a phone? Ummm the Z30 was launched in October.

2. You seem like u take rumors as official statements from BlackBerry and then get disappointed,

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 02:33 PM
    I know I will not be waiting as I will be purchasing the Galaxy S5 the day it comes out. I have been a loyal BlackBerry user for 7 years but it's time to jump ship and this was evident as soon as I heard they are bringing back the track pad.

Oh...well bye

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 02:33 PM
    I don't take rumors as official statements at all. And I don't blame the above user for switching to the S5 at all.

What we really get from BlackBerry a lot is "hang in there" were making a Q20 with and old school trackpad...

Yet the galaxy s5 and iphone 6 not to mention the new HTC one is coming out. Are they serious they still want us to keep waiting?

02-25-14 02:37 PM
    And let's be real the z30 is nice don't get me wrong but it's just a bigger version of the z10 with basically the same specs and some of us like our keyboards.

Quite dangling promises and making us wait. Give us the BlackBerry we all deserve! Big screen, keyboard, top of the line specs with a premium design.

02-25-14 02:39 PM
    Also why would you say bye to him like that. Maybe BlackBerry fans are tired of being strung along with empty promises.

People leaving constantly is getting BlackBerry nowhere. They overly promise and under deliver.

anon(4044683) likes this.
    02-25-14 02:43 PM
    It should say something also that as a programmer I have access to lots of awesome devices. Yet I choose to use a Q10.

Is the Q10 perfect? No. But it's the best BlackBerry has at the moment and I love it. Its biggest drawback is the tiny screen.

Stop stringing us along BlackBerry and give your loyal fans what they deserve. Not a promise of a old school Q20. When it comes out it will probably be to late.

02-25-14 02:47 PM
    Also why would you say bye to him like that. Maybe BlackBerry fans are tired of being strung along with empty promises.

People leaving constantly is getting BlackBerry nowhere. They overly promise and under deliver.

What's he suppose to say? The guy said he's tired of the BS laid out over and over by blackberry and is jumping ship to a new faster better device....he replied with "Bye".... I'm sure there will be others... No buddy wants to go backwards

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    02-25-14 02:49 PM
    I could care less about the z3 my point is that it will never see the light of day in the US. And no I will not buy whatever they release. I have had an iphone 4-5s and several android phones (have a note 3 at home) and I love my Q10 the most.

Not complaining but BlackBerry phones are already behind everything else and now they dangle the promise of a q20 to us and say ohh it will be released by the end of the year.

With the release of the galaxy s5 and iphone 6 are they seriously going to make us wait till the end of the year?

It's bs. They say ohh a q20 is coming but you will have to wait almost another year for it to be released. How long do they expect us to wait and hope for the best?

we actually don't know if they don't intend to bring it state side.... chen said it would launch first there then they are planing to add lte to it and launch other places
    02-25-14 02:49 PM
    If they wait till the s5 comes out and the iphone 6 not to mention the new HTC One there will be tons of others jumping ship.

He'll I might be one of them. Don't know how many promises with more waiting I can take from BlackBerry.

And that's just it silver. Its launching over seas. Ohh and it just might come here? Yeah right. The z3 will never see the light of day here. We will be lucky if the dangling carrot of the Q20 makes it anywhere here and by the time it gets here it will probably be to late.

02-25-14 02:55 PM

Yeah I don't quite understand why didn't release any specs on this phone. If it's supposed to be released at the end of the 2 quarter I would think that the specs should be set in stone by now. I do hope BlackBerry does make a comeback because I love the new BlackBerry 10 software and the devices they have currently released. But the fact that I can't purchase a AT&T compatible Z30 is very frustrating. Supposedly Best Buy sells one but I'm not paying $750 for a 4 month old device. Especially when Verizon sells the model that has wireless charging for $500.

02-25-14 02:55 PM
    Yeah I completely agree. Best Buy is garbage. I bought a LG G2 for someone and they couldn't even get it activated.

They always charge at least 200 over retail then the carriers too I had a decent argument with them over it.

But the truth is that they probably still at this point don't even have the specs locked down for the Q20. They have to realize that with the upcoming onslaught of amazing devices this promise and dangle bs will not work this time.

I'm with you. I might even get an s5 (even though it's basically a repackaged s4 with a cooler back). But then again I'm not the biggest android fan.

BlackBerry 10 is the best software. Just quite stringing us along with promises BlackBerry.

02-25-14 03:05 PM
    Yeah I completely agree. Best Buy is garbage. I bought a LG G2 for someone and they couldn't even get it activated.

They always charge at least 200 over retail then the carriers too I had a decent argument with them over it.

But the truth is that they probably still at this point don't even have the specs locked down for the Q20. They have to realize that with the upcoming onslaught of amazing devices this promise and dangle bs will not work this time.

I'm with you. I might even get an s5 (even though it's basically a repackaged s4 with a cooler back). But then again I'm not the biggest android fan.

BlackBerry 10 is the best software. Just quite stringing us along with promises BlackBerry.

Yeah its not a major upgrade if your coming from the S4 but it is if your coming from a Z10. I'm up for a upgrade so the S5 will probably only cost me around $200. It wouldn't make sense for me to pay full price for a Z30 especially since AT&T probably won't ever carry it.

02-25-14 03:14 PM
    Ok, so you would have rather no mention of the Q20 at all?, or the give you all information on it and dangle an even bigger carrot? As you say.

Hell everyone does it, Google, apple, etc...

What's these promises you speak of?

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    02-25-14 03:16 PM
    Yeah the CEO of AT&T said "Maybe one day BlackBerry will again become a viable supplier" so I wouldn't bet on the Z30 making its way to AT&T.

But yes the S5 is a huge upgrade from the z10. I have a note 3 that's even more powerful then the s5 and it's awesome.

Note 3 is like a swiss army knife that does everything there is. BlackBerry 10 devices are more finessed in the os and the hub and keyboard are unbeatable.

But if they don't stop dangling and promising and having us keep waiting, I'll probably be with you too.

02-25-14 03:21 PM

Because the Z3 is 3G only without LTE support. They probably wanted to have a solid experience with Foxconn for Indonesia market and ensure everything works smoothly then the 2nd gen could land in the US.
    02-25-14 03:25 PM
    Ok, so you would have rather no mention of the Q20 at all?, or the give you all information on it and dangle an even bigger carrot? As you say.

Hell everyone does it, Google, apple, etc...

What's these promises you speak of?

Posted via CB10
    They promises they keep dropping hints that they "understand" and are working on new devices but then time and again we get strung along.

Your right that others do it to. But not even close to the extent of BlackBerry. It took them years alone just to release BlackBerry 10. They promised a BlackBerry 10 tablet. That's obviously gone. Now they outsource BlackBerry devices to a cheap Chinese manufacture and dangle a carrot of the Q20 with an old school trackpad...

All with a promise it will be out later this year. Meanwhile Chen is talking to press and having meetings saying they might just stop making devices all together. He just posed a question the other day saying "does BlackBerry really need to be in the device business?"

They can't be foolish enough to have us keep waiting while samsung releases the S5 and HTC releases the new One, and Apple gets ready to release the iphone 6. I love you BlackBerry but if you do this again good luck you will need it.

02-25-14 03:28 PM
    You just HAVE to complain about something don't you. You should be happy about their announcement. It shows that they aren't sitting on their ***, they're working on getting another model to you this year. Stock goes up. I can't believe how entitled you are acting. You have no idea what kind of infrastructure it takes to develop a product like this. You just want everything now now now. Smh. Be happy with what you have and more will be coming.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 03:28 PM
    But if they don't stop dangling and promising and having us keep waiting, I'll probably be with you too.
    Maybe you could just make your mind on the fact that this news was not to make promise for general consumers like you, but for those still with BB7 and loving their trackpad? A lot of Q10 users have already got over the fact that there is currently no trackpad, and will not be buying the Q20. I agree, it is announced early, but more and more users are switching from BlackBerry to another brand, and this news could slow down the bleeding, both for consumers and for entreprise.

If you are buying every BlackBerry phone that is coming out for a specific group of users, you are bound to be disappointed because you can't have everything in one phone. Q10 or Q20 don't have a big screen compared to Z series, but you get the QWERTY keyboard. Z has a big screen, but no keyboard and shortcut key. Sliders is great for combining both, but the keyboard is flatter than a classic BlackBerry, otherwise it is more bulky and prone to mechanical failure. Note 3 has a lot of features, but is really big for a phone and expensive. Etc, etc.

You can't wait to see it, as I do too. Let's give this new administration a chance to show if they can be on time with their announcement, they haven't broken a promise yet.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    web99 likes this.
    02-25-14 03:35 PM
    So we know a Q20 high end device is coming somewhere in June-December and you think this is dangling a carrot, but how's that any different than knowing the iPhone 6 will be a year after October, or the s5 a year after April?

Dangling a carrot would be "we know consumers want device X, but we're not sure yet, wait a couple months and we'll let you know". They didn't do this, they confirmed one is coming they just haven't given a date. We know the iPhone 6 is coming but no date. No difference.

And the Z30 isn't the same as the Z10 but bigger.. Better speakers, bigger battery, new antenna technology, bigger screen and better colours, amoled, miracast, USB OTG, better processor. Sorry they didn't add a finger print reader for you or change the charger type.

Posted via CB10
    CoyoteV8 likes this.
    02-25-14 03:38 PM
    I'm just happy there will even be a Blackberry to make devices. A variety of devices is just icing on the cake. It's obvious that you can't please all the people all the time, as is obvious by this thread.

There are probably people with leftovers in their refrigerator longer than Chen has been CEO of Blackberry. Give the guy a minute.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    02-25-14 03:47 PM
110 1234 ...