Marysville, CA July 2013 7PM

As I'm watching Phillip Phillips headlining for a John Mayer concert it dawned on me that concerts are one place you can quickly take a reading of different mobile phones. Looking around I see iPhone, Samsung, iPhone, wait is that a Z10... Nope just another iPhone. Not a BlackBerry in site except for my Q10. They don't know what the are missing.

So where else can you easily take a read on smart phone popularity?

Only BBRY in the crowd-q10-concert.jpg
    07-25-13 09:54 PM
    Your not following the crowd. Love it. Be proud that you own one of the best mobiles on the planet!

Posted via CB10
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    07-25-13 10:01 PM
    So where else can you easily take a read on smart phone popularity?
    On the bus for me
    07-25-13 10:13 PM
    Last I heard (don't follow him) but John Mayer had left iPhone for BlackBerry. That was quite some time ago, not sure if that's changed????

Posted via Z10 and CB10 on Rogers
    07-25-13 10:32 PM
    I was in working at a computer science conference for high school students and one of the speakers asked for a show of hands what smartphone people were using. About half were iPhones, half Androids, and 5 or 6 BBs. This was in about 400 high school students and teachers.
    07-25-13 10:39 PM
    My friend described me as an outlier. Maybe that is part of our identity as BlackBerry users.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    07-25-13 11:15 PM
    I am in Amsterdam all week. So far only
    1 BB legacy siting and that person had an iPhone as well.
    07-25-13 11:22 PM
    Erin Burnett on CNN said she has a Q10!
    07-25-13 11:32 PM
    I have not seen ANY in NJ :-(

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    07-26-13 12:28 PM
    I research mobile tech and while I still encounter older guys and people riding old school bolds when visiting companies still haven't seen a z10 or q10 - did encounter one once on a train but when I asked the guy he said he was taking it back.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-13 12:31 PM
    What did she say about the phone...? Does she like it?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 12:33 PM
    Interestingly, I travel on the Toronto subway and I see tons and tons of legacy BB's and very few BB10's. I'm not sure if this is good or bad.......I suppose it's not all that good and it probably has more to do with the restrictive phone plans here in Canada than the popularity of any given device.

I wonder how many of these legacy customers will choose Blackberry when they come up for renewal ? Let's hope lots !
    07-26-13 12:39 PM
    I have not seen ANY in NJ :-(

+1

My job still has about 10 of them out to employees for work purposes but other than that I have never seen any BB10 "in the wild" in the Middlesex and Mercer County areas. My IT colleagues feel that I am the only person who is keeping BB in business :-)
    07-26-13 12:49 PM
    You are unique. Your not one of many in the crowd. Be proud you hold an awesome phone.

BB Z10 rocks.
    07-26-13 01:22 PM
    What did she say about the phone...? Does she like it?

She was talking about how bad the stock is doing, then said "but I have a Q10 and I like it ". This is paraphrased, not a direct quote.

I do wish more people understood the phone and would give it a chance. Sadly, most of my friends say they don't want to take the time to learn it.

One of my friends, who is a long time BlackBerry user, and had an iPhone as well but didn't like it, recently got a Q10. I asked her how she liked it. Answer: too complicated, I hate it, never use it!!! I begged her to give it a chance as it is the most awesome phone I have ever tried.

Sadly, that seems to be the general consensus. We, on Crackberry, are preaching to the choir. We know how good it is. We help eachother with issues. Others don't read CB so they get no help and give up. I wish there was a way to reach out to them!!

Sorry to go on and on. Typing on this Q10 is addicting

Posted via CB10

07-26-13 02:13 PM
    There are people who gave it a chance and still don't like it. The "best" phone is 100% subjective.
    07-26-13 02:20 PM
    The only place I see ever see BlackBerry's are at my work (and that's only BlackBerry OS devices) ...that's only because that's what my work place provides. I haven't seen any new BlackBerry 10 devices anywhere other than mine of course.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-13 08:17 PM
    God I love her, with or without the phone:-)
    07-26-13 08:21 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is still scarce despite its excellence. Every iPhone and Android user has admitted to me it's far better. Every one of them. And that's a lot of people. But this still doesn't matter as people get comfortable with things and like following the crowd and being popular. The most common comments after I show them a demo? "The best technology doesn't always win you know." and "I can't wait until Apple / Samsung copies that. "

I think there is an opportunity here. Why be a mindless drone? Can't you think for yourself? BlackBerry should show that BlackBerry 10 users are more enlightened, independent, and self confident people who don't follow their neighbors just for the sake of it. They know what's better and select a device that gets a whole lot of everything done faster with grace. They are confident in themselves and don't need to worry that their device isn't like everyone else's. They thrive on that fact.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 01:44 AM
    Generally, I scope out devices while in airports and at shopping malls.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 01:56 AM
    Hot and smart.
    07-27-13 12:52 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is still scarce despite its excellence. Every iPhone and Android user has admitted to me it's far better. Every one of them. And that's a lot of people. But this still doesn't matter as people get comfortable with things and like following the crowd and being popular. The most common comments after I show them a demo? "The best technology doesn't always win you know." and "I can't wait until Apple / Samsung copies that. "

I think there is an opportunity here. Why be a mindless drone? Can't you think for yourself? BlackBerry should show that BlackBerry 10 users are more enlightened, independent, and self confident people who don't follow their neighbors just for the sake of it. They know what's better and select a device that gets a whole lot of everything done faster with grace. They are confident in themselves and don't need to worry that their device isn't like everyone else's. They thrive on that fact.

Posted via CB10
    Agree on BlackBerry user's individuality. There is no question that BlackBerry is superior, especially to Apple. But, hey, it is hard not to succumb to peer pressure even when you know you are wrong. Isn't that how people end up smoking?
    07-27-13 12:55 PM
    Agree on BlackBerry user's individuality. There is no question that BlackBerry is superior, especially to Apple. But, hey, it is hard not to succumb to peer pressure even when you know you are wrong. Isn't that how people end up smoking?
    Really depends where you are - in the UK, bb is the phone of choice for teenaged girls so I guess as an adult male I am immune from that short of peer pressure but I guess that is not what you actually mean?
    07-27-13 03:06 PM
    Really depends where you are - in the UK, bb is the phone of choice for teenaged girls so I guess as an adult male I am immune from that short of peer pressure but I guess that is not what you actually mean?
    Here in London I'm seeing less and less blackberry's (legacy) with each passing week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    07-27-13 03:11 PM
    Here in London I'm seeing less and less blackberry's (legacy) with each passing week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Still seems to be very popular with younger teenagers who's parents are paying and like the really cheap curves plus cheap messages but yes older teenagers seem to be moving on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    07-27-13 03:24 PM