Is there anyone out there like myself cut the sms crap and only use bbm to communicate.
    If we are using smartphone then you will have data and i don't understand why people still using sms

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 06:41 PM
    Is there anyone out there like myself cut the sms crap and only use bbm to communicate.
    If we are using smartphone then you will have data and i don't understand why people still using sms

Posted via CB10
    Because a lot of people don't use BBM
    03-24-14 06:42 PM
    What if you don't use bbm?

Posted via todays phone
    03-24-14 06:44 PM
    SMS has been relegated to use only with people I don't regularly talk with. It's a dying method of communication, but so is the fax machine and I still see a lot of those around.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 06:49 PM
    Thanks for dropping by guys
    ..If someone else is not bbm then i will use some sort of other communication like email. Because I will not install another messenger on my BlackBerry. I got BlackBerry for bbm and of course a tool for work.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 06:28 AM
    I use SMS ALLLLL the time because they don't have Blackberry's nor want to get BBM on their phones. And honestly why should they when we all have SMS?
    03-25-14 08:12 AM
    #SMS4ALL

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 08:34 AM
    SMS is easier when u r texting a group of people and u know that everyone has SMS. It is universal. And I have a couple of friends who r not tech savvy and resist other messaging platforms. My parents are in another country, do not have BlackBerrys and I can text via SMS using my free text plan. So, there are a lot of practical reasons for this universal form of communication. And not being able to post multiple photos on BBM is still a con.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    03-25-14 08:34 AM
    I don't know anyone who doesn't have unlimited texting - it's a part of the monthly package. It is the standard method of communicating among my group of friends, family and coworkers.

Posted via CB10
    Rello likes this.
    03-25-14 09:04 AM
    I want to use BBM but none of my friends and family use it so I have no contacts on there. In fact, there is no other BlackBerry user in my social circle.

And of course I have unlimited texting so it is fine for me to use sms as a primary mode of communication.

I actually do not understand why anyone would use a messaging app instead of sms. Everyone has sms and it is free!

Of course if the person is abroad, the I see these messaging apps making sense, but if you are talking with a friend within your country, sms is fine.
    You could also mention the "instant" send but sms is not slow either (depending on your service provider) .

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    03-25-14 09:30 AM
    I don't know anyone who doesn't have unlimited texting - it's a part of the monthly package. It is the standard method of communicating among my group of friends, family and coworkers.

Posted via CB10
    This is why I don't really ever becoming truly huge...especially in the US. every carrier makes u get unlimited texts so why would most people use anything else. Instant messengers are definitely better. I love that I can see when people have read my messages and the fact that BBM allows me to be social with people I don't know whenever I choose, but for most people, sms "just works"...

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 10:52 AM
    Doesn't Apple manage all contacts in SMS in iChat or something, and they they differentiate with a color or something? Why doesn't BlackBerry do this so at least to Blackberry users there is a seamless use. And it makes BBM the only term thought of. They should also do this on other platforms so that it's the only app you ever have to use....i prefer BBM but most of my contacts use SMS and won't convert. On BBOS I would add my contacts to BBM and use that, unfortunately that isn't an option.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 12:35 PM