Just found this article about play store suggesting Priv sales are around or below the 50,000 mark.

How accurate a measurement of units sold is this?

BlackBerry sold under 50,000 Priv units, Play Store data suggests - Android Authority

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2813
    12-22-15 02:27 PM
    That many wow, i would have thought it was less.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-22-15 02:37 PM
    Now BlackBerry make a BB10 Priv and we will show you number

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    12-22-15 02:43 PM
    BS...play numbers dont really mean anything. They do but not as much as some people would try to make you think they do. There is no way they sold less than 100k and still have a ASP of 315. I would say somewhere around 150k for last quarter would more accurate.
    12-22-15 02:43 PM
    These are the types of articles BlackBerry needs to reach out to the blogger and advise to provide accurate evidence on their analysis.
    These are so damaging to BlackBerry especially if they're looking at staying in the hardware business. Where the heck is BlackBerry fact check?
    00stryder likes this.
    12-22-15 03:10 PM
    We will have to wait until the Priv is released in other areas before BB will know how good it does as North America is a pretty small Market.
    12-22-15 03:18 PM
    Too funny as 51k were returned....lol

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    12-22-15 03:23 PM
    I hope someone more knowledgable adds their input in but here we go. From what I've read, app pre installs don't count however people seem to think if a person updates those preinstalled apps it will count as 1 download (once per google account obv)

my thoughts are that there are somewhere between 10-50k people using the phone and a ton of devices being sold to vendors that haven't been "sold" to end customers yet. I'm not sure of the last comment though because my suspicion is that these wouldn't count as sales which would impact the ASP.

Who knows, I know JC would blow smoke up investors asses but if it's still less than 50k active that's just sad. I like the strategy to go to android but not at these levels. I'm sure he feels the same way. IMO- they should comment on these rumors but you know it's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. A "no" these numbers aren't accurate would be good enough for me. I'm assuming analysts have more thorough ways to get at this info but maybe not for such low volume
    12-22-15 03:28 PM
    BS...play numbers dont really mean anything. They do but not as much as some people would try to make you think they do. There is no way they sold less than 100k and still have a ASP of 315. I would say somewhere around 150k for last quarter would more accurate.
    So what do you think the legacy ASP was?
    12-22-15 08:09 PM
    So what do you think the legacy ASP was?
    might even be higher than $240 even with more passports being in he mix
    12-22-15 09:03 PM
    might even be higher than $240 even with more passports being in he mix
    I think so too.
    I think the q series and z series and most certainly the bbos devices would played a much less significant role this time.
    The bbos devices are just not available and the z and q series are just not very attractive spec wise.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    12-22-15 09:09 PM
    I find it interesting that some seem to be hoping the Priv with Android fails. Not meaning anyone in this thread. Just a general observation. If it does it takes the entire handset business down with it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    12-22-15 09:24 PM
    Where the heck is BlackBerry fact check?
    It would be lovely if BB would just break down phones sales by OS so people don't have to guess. They don't have to do it, but it would be nice to know how much the move to Android is helping.

Maybe they'll choose to announce this in this quarter's results.
    12-22-15 09:25 PM
    It is a weird sentiment coming from OS10 fanatics considering that if the Priv fails there will be nothing left for them.
    rai187 and Randal Yandal like this.
    12-22-15 09:40 PM
    It is a weird sentiment coming from OS10 fanatics considering that if the Priv fails there will be nothing left for them.
    BB10 fanatics have already been "PlayBooked" and I don't see a good reason for them to give a rats behind about the Priv.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    12-22-15 10:07 PM
    I find it interesting that some seem to be hoping the Priv with Android fails. Not meaning anyone in this thread. Just a general observation. If it does it takes the entire handset business down with it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    I hope they succeed with the Priv. Hopefully they'll release an all touch 5.4 inch BlackBerry Andriod phone if the Priv sells well

Rock'n the S6 Active till the Blackberry Z50 all touch screen comes out
    12-23-15 09:23 AM
    Can't be that little I've seen lots of ppl around town here with the priv and some of the doctors I work with have the priv as well

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 04:15 PM
    BB10 fanatics have already been "PlayBooked" and I don't see a good reason for them to give a rats behind about the Priv.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    The hardware division is making a last attempt with the Priv. If it isn't successful the hardware division is likely gone. I wish every success to the Priv.
    01-02-16 11:46 AM
    Sell in and Sell through are two different things and cannot be compared. The 700,000 figure provided by BlackBerry during their investor briefing is a sell in number and includes units sold to retail. Units sold through to the consumer are a different number and BlackBerry noted that 900,000 units were sold through to end users during the prior quarter. This number includes sales from shipments made both during Q3 and prior quarters.

It's impossible to know how many BlackBerry Priv devices were sold in to retail but the number of 150k that you posted does make sense. Based on the calculations I've done I would say that the number would be around or just under 150k, so pretty much what you've said.

However, the actual sell through figure will likely be much lower, whether it is as low as 50k isn't known or something we can figure out, but it's also impossible to believe that all 150k units that were sold in have been sold through to end users.

Here are BlackBerry sell in numbers for the past few quarters. All numbers are correct however the split for Q3 is estimated due to BlackBerry no longer choosing to tell us how many BB10 devices were sold.

Only 50,000 Privs sold?-2015-12-22_23-31-20.jpg
    dolco, JeepBB, neoberry99 and 1 others like this.
    01-02-16 06:10 PM
    It would be lovely if BB would just break down phones sales by OS so people don't have to guess. They don't have to do it, but it would be nice to know how much the move to Android is helping.

Maybe they'll choose to announce this in this quarter's results.
    Why, when no one else breaks out device sales by type? Samsung doesn't, Apple doesn't, Blackberry never did, ... and all for good reasons.
    01-02-16 10:02 PM
    Why, when no one else breaks out device sales by type? Samsung doesn't, Apple doesn't, Blackberry never did, ... and all for good reasons.
    typically BB did break it down to legacy BBOS and BB10 so we were hoping for BB10 and Android numbers this time. Clearly they have them and could tell us and I am sure they would have if they were good numbers.
    01-02-16 10:08 PM
    They lost my sale for a new slider when some ***** up Android in it. But I did buy a Classic.
    01-02-16 10:26 PM
    Apple and Samsung don't need to break out from 50million total sales for obvious reasons '- it's millions of sales. For BlackBerry, we're talking in thousands, so it's minuscule, but yet we need to see how new product fares. With BlackBerry marketing offcourse nothing is selling. They need to fire all the marketing department and start with real marketers.

Passport SE
    01-03-16 12:41 AM
    Blackberry has a marketing department, who'd a thought :-)
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    01-03-16 03:50 AM
    typically BB did break it down to legacy BBOS and BB10 so we were hoping for BB10 and Android numbers this time. Clearly they have them and could tell us and I am sure they would have if they were good numbers.
    To add to that, in the early days, when BBOS was outselling BB10 by a mile, getting those numbers out of BB was 'difficult'. It was only when BB10 started to outsell BBOS that BB became 'open' about the numbers.

I agree, if the Priv numbers were great BB would surely tell us as it would be a vindication of their move to Android.
    techvisor likes this.
    01-03-16 04:11 AM
53 123