First, I constantly miss SMS/Text from iPhone users because they have their settings wrong and can only send iMessages, seriously?

Lastly, it started with my Z10, then my Q10, now my Z30...my email and social media accounts disconnect randomly. I don't even realize it until, I'm like, "Huh, haven't received an email in a while".

Now don't get me wrong. I love BlackBerry, even tried an iPhone and came back. But if I'm here for such an amazing communication device it's a bit worry some to not get texts and have my email accounts disconnect!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 01:00 AM
    I hear ya. I have only been seeing it with Facebook but I am getting notifications 20-30min later
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-09-14 01:43 AM
    Hi, it would be great if you can share more details on your "disconnected:" feature. Your account is deleted, password removed, just not syncing..? Also is the account(s) you are referring BB managed (BES), corporate ActiveSync, google, Yahoo!...? It might be relevant to understand your Carrier/Country/OS.

I have Q10 (leak 10.2.1.* , gmail and yahoo), Z10 (leak 10.2.1.1925, on gmail/Microsfot AS) and Z30 (carrier default OS, for work, on Traveler AS) and no issues whatsoever.

Cheers!
    01-09-14 01:56 AM
    I have not had issues since my 1925 install. Used to happen prior to this leak with the earlier OS. I totally understand.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-09-14 07:52 AM
    First, I constantly miss SMS/Text from iPhone users because they have their settings wrong and can only send iMessages, seriously?
    As far as I know there's no setting on the iPhone that could make that happen. When we send a text message on an iPhone, if the recipient is also on an iPhone the text automatically goes out as an iMessage. Otherwise, it automatically goes out as SMS. I don't know of any way to limit texts to iMessage only. (Unless, of course, your friend is limited to WiFi only for some reason, or doesn't have texting on their cellular plan)..
    01-09-14 08:31 AM
    OP, if you have come from an iphone back to a BlackBerry, this may be your issue with text/imsg.

A friend of mine switched from iphone to BlackBerry and couldn't receive text from iphones because something apple does with registering each person's number with imsg. He had to contact apple to get the number out of their imsg system to recieve the messages.

Posted via Q10
    ColdStoneGuards and bp3dots like this.
    01-09-14 08:36 AM
    Go Apple! Hooray for more control.
    As far as disconnects. I have not had issues with either Z30 or my 9882.
    01-09-14 08:41 AM
    OP, if you have come from an iphone back to a BlackBerry, this may be your issue with text/imsg.

A friend of mine switched from iphone to BlackBerry and couldn't receive text from iphones because something apple does with registering each person's number with imsg. He had to contact apple to get the number out of their imsg system to recieve the messages.

Posted via Q10
    Oh yeah, there was a whole thread about that early 2013. Look it up.

Posted via CB10
    Pilot Prop likes this.
    01-09-14 09:01 AM
    As far as I know there's no setting on the iPhone that could make that happen. When we send a text message on an iPhone, if the recipient is also on an iPhone the text automatically goes out as an iMessage. Otherwise, it automatically goes out as SMS. I don't know of any way to limit texts to iMessage only. (Unless, of course, your friend is limited to WiFi only for some reason, or doesn't have texting on their cellular plan)..
    The Only 2 Things That Drive Me Nuts!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1389286082.752080.jpg

If the "Send as SMS" option on iPhone is not enabled then the the iPhone will only send messages to other iPhones.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 11:48 AM
    Hi, it would be great if you can share more details on your "disconnected:" feature. Your account is deleted, password removed, just not syncing..? Also is the account(s) you are referring BB managed (BES), corporate ActiveSync, google, Yahoo!...? It might be relevant to understand your Carrier/Country/OS.

I have Q10 (leak 10.2.1.* , gmail and yahoo), Z10 (leak 10.2.1.1925, on gmail/Microsfot AS) and Z30 (carrier default OS, for work, on Traveler AS) and no issues whatsoever.

Cheers!
    So I'm on Verizon in the United States. It's says "Not Connected" when I go to the Account Settings page. It mostly happens when I leave my house and my phone disconnects from WIFI and/or I return to my house and it connects to WIFI. It happens on Gmail, Yahoo, and Facebook. Sometimes all, but mostly just one or two.

I cannot put leaks or official releases from other carriers on my phone, period. Thanks everyone for trying to help.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 11:53 AM
    So I'm on Verizon in the United States. It's says "Not Connected" when I go to the Account Settings page. It mostly happens when I leave my house and my phone disconnects from WIFI and/or I return to my house and it connects to WIFI. It happens on Gmail, Yahoo, and Facebook...
    I get this now and then with my PlayBook on Gmail, Yahoo, and Facebook. I only have my work email (Office 365) on my phone so I've not experienced it on the phone. My WiFi at home is, of course, unrestricted to the internet. My work WiFi goes through a filter. I'm thinking because I move back and forth with my PlayBook that I'm getting disconnected randomly from those services. Don't suppose that you're going back and forth through a filtered connection?
    01-09-14 12:05 PM
    Deleted in light of WikiCydia's post below.
    Last edited by gogurt48; 01-09-14 at 12:23 PM.
    01-09-14 12:06 PM
    If the "Send as SMS" option on iPhone is not enabled then the the iPhone will only send messages to other iPhones.
    Yeah that's not what that setting means. What it actually means is if iMessage is unavailable (because of the absence of a data connection, for example) the phone will send an SMS text message instead (recall that SMS text messages do not require a data connection). This setting only applies if the connection between the sender and the recipient supports iMessage; if the recipient of a message does not use iMessage, then all messages to that recipient are sent via SMS, and this setting is not invoked.

Remember, when you send an SMS text, it counts against both the sender account and the user account, and since there are still people without unlimited text plans, this is a setting that will allow an iMessage user to use only iMessage with other users who use devices that support it. However, this setting does NOT prevent the sending of SMS text messages to users whose devices don't support iMessage.
    01-09-14 12:18 PM

Lastly, it started with my Z10, then my Q10, now my Z30...my email and social media accounts disconnect randomly. I don't even realize it until, I'm like, "Huh, haven't received an email in a while".

Now don't get me wrong. I love BlackBerry, even tried an iPhone and came back. But if I'm here for such an amazing communication device it's a bit worry some to not get texts and have my email accounts disconnect!

Posted via CB10

Vodafone Support - Deactivating iMessage if you’re switching from iPhone
    iOS: Deactivating iMessage
    01-09-14 12:18 PM
    Yeah that's not what that setting means. What it actually means is if iMessage is unavailable (because of the absence of a data connection, for example) the phone will send an SMS text message instead (recall that SMS text messages do not require a data connection). This setting only applies if the connection between the sender and the recipient supports iMessage; if the recipient of a message does not use iMessage, then all messages to that recipient are sent via SMS, and this setting is not invoked.

Remember, when you send an SMS text, it counts against both the sender account and the user account, and since there are still people without unlimited text plans, this is a setting that will allow an iMessage user to use only iMessage with other users who use devices that support it. However, this setting does NOT prevent the sending of SMS text messages to users whose devices don't support iMessage.
    If I send a text to my work BlackBerry from my personal iPhone, I don't receive it. I spoke with Apple and they assured me it's the iMessage settings. They said you must have "Send as SMS" enabled on iPhones to send texts to other platforms, period.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 01:26 PM
    If I send a text to my work BlackBerry from my personal iPhone, I don't receive it. I spoke with Apple and they assured me it's the iMessage settings. They said you must have "Send as SMS" enabled on iPhones to send texts to other platforms, period.

Posted via CB10
    That setting simply isn't the issue. I know this because my wife has always had that setting enabled, and yet has never had any difficulty texting non-iPhone users, including BlackBerry devices.
    01-09-14 01:51 PM
    That setting simply isn't the issue. I know this because my wife has always had that setting enabled, and yet has never had any difficulty texting non-iPhone users, including BlackBerry devices.
    Exactly, she doesn't have any issues cause she has it enabled! Most users don't as it's not the default setting

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 02:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have had twitter LinkedIn and Facebook disconnect at various times without me knowing. Kinda frustrating for sure.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 02:53 PM
    Just wanted to THANK everyone for their responses. I was able to resolve the iMessage issue and as for the random disconnects, hopefully they will resolve themselves with updates...

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    01-10-14 01:12 AM
    I hear ya. I have only been seeing it with Facebook but I am getting notifications 20-30min later
    Wow, me too! It was much worse on my 9780, but with my Q10, it's still lagging.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 01:23 AM
    So I'm on Verizon in the United States. It's says "Not Connected" when I go to the Account Settings page. It mostly happens when I leave my house and my phone disconnects from WIFI and/or I return to my house and it connects to WIFI. It happens on Gmail, Yahoo, and Facebook. Sometimes all, but mostly just one or two.

I cannot put leaks or official releases from other carriers on my phone, period. Thanks everyone for trying to help.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah its a problem on older BlackBerry 10 OS versions and as you say it's to do with moving from cell data to wifi and back and forth. Basically your IP address is rapidly changing back and forth.

It's a shame you can't use a leak because I think that pretty much solves it (meaning BlackBerry fixed it in the latest leaks). Though perhaps not in every single case. Not sure.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-10-14 01:44 AM
    Lol the only thing good about that issue with iPhones not sending or receiving sms is gives BBM a good alternative.

Posted via CB10 on my ?Zed10
    01-10-14 02:08 AM
    Something that drives me nuts is when I have my headset plugged in voice dictation doesn't work. It works on my Note 2 but not my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 06:59 AM