The post reach counter finally returned to FB mobile late last week after disappearing for months while the FB teams figures out how to make their mobile site actually work. Has anybody figured out why they include that useless graphical meter bar along with the count number that max's out at around 3K reaches?

The reach counts have always been visible on the PC version but that's not readily accessible on a mobile device because of their browser sniffer / detector that redirects to their mobile site. A while back, I discovered that you could access the PC version on your phone by clicking the link at the bottom of your FB embed window after scrolling until it stopped if you have a window on your website. However, that suddenly stopped probably because they patched something or changed a cookie because when you try that now it forwards to your mobile page. But if or when the reach counter disappears again on the mobile site & you want to see it or other features only available on the PC site, an easy workaround to access the PC version on your phone is to tap the icon in the top left corner of your screen on your mobile FB page then click 'view this page on the desktop site' link on the resulting page & the PC version should load on your phone.

Another thing I found by accident, at least on a BlackBerry, is that while using the mobile site you can only copy or cut text from a post while inside the text editor. My BlackBerry will not even highlight the text of a post until I open the text editor.

Also, for some reason, although you can edit a post on the mobile site while on a PC or mobile device, you cannot edit your comments on a post using your phone or the FB mobile site while on a PC. You can only edit your comment(s) using the FULL PC version.

Please comment if you are experiencing some of these same issues. I'll post some more broken features & other 'finds' about the mobile FB site shortly.
    05-11-16 12:14 PM
    The desktop option button has been gone too.
    Really wish they would bring this back.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-11-16 12:53 PM
    They don't want you to enjoy desktop site on mobile?

That sux. These mobile sites are so limited. I'm having trouble with ebay, and most importantly, PayPal. Absolutely for my life could NOT locate where to change a credit card and/or make another one primary...

:-D

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    05-11-16 04:15 PM
    I always run my browser in desktop mode. Very few sites force me to mobile TG, because I use my phone almost exclusively by preference.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-11-16 08:32 PM
    They don't want you to enjoy desktop site on mobile? . . .
    Yep, it seems like they're in a contest to be the most difficult to use. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if FB intentionally sabotages their mobile site to drive users to install their app to mine more data from their phones. But one thing's for sure, FB doesn't seem to care about what's on BB users' phones considering what they did with their native BB app. As limited as it is, at least Tw's mobile site‎ completely works . . . now if Tw could, at least, get their native Berry app's notifications to work, that would be nice..

I always run my browser in desktop mode. Very few sites force me to mobile TG, because I use my phone almost exclusively by preference.
    Well, that's good to know & after trying it again ‎I figured out why that feature didn't work when I tried it earlier. I used a shortcut to a mobile FB page & forgot that it used the (m.) prefix. So, it went exactly where it should, to the mobile site. Hahaha - But as useful as it is, if used randomly it takes 4 taps to activate or 6 if you count backing out.

As for using FB's PC‎ version on a phone, such as my Z30, it's laggy & doesn't scale smoothly when zooming. There's also a static floating menu bar that gets in the way if zoomed in while scrolling but most of the features not on FB mobile are there to view & use.
    05-11-16 11:24 PM
    To my relief, I've never been nor plan to be a member.
    05-11-16 11:52 PM
    Now we have to contend with a bucking FaceBuck, too... ;-)

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-12-16 05:45 PM
    Facebook mobile website works awesome on my passport. Much better than the bb app ever did.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 02:07 PM
    To my relief, I've never been nor plan to be a member.
    I don't use FB personally either, but have to for work and I hate it & Twitter. But I have come to the conclusion that FB, Tw, etc have become necessary evils to bypass the biased & agendized news that cannot be trusted to accurately or timely inform us.

‎- 'Tools' at the top of page still don't work

- The mobile site on BB can now schedule ‎posts‎ with the three-dot tool, yeah, they just assume you know what that tool is.

- I could not get a video to post on the timeline. It uploaded to the FB media manager but I had to post it later on a PC.‎

- Although not really BB-related‎ but when signing in on the mobile site on a PC, the sign-in & sign-up buttons randomly alternate every few days. Are their developers smoking crack?

- Why is it when my mobile site on BB loads, it immediately auto-refreshes but it only loads once when viewing another mobile FB page?*It's not like FB has to do that to double their page view numbers like some sites do to artificially inflate their traffic to impress sponsors.‎ The FB page I use does not double load when the mobile site is viewed on a PC.‎

- Why is it that ‎when you scroll down the timeline, especially way down, then tap to view a post's comment(s) or its pics then back out to resume on the timeline, the screen sometimes (mostly) resets back to the top so you have to scroll alllll the way down again?! Why does it not always return to that post but sometimes it does? Is it a coding or caching issue? The browser returns to the same spot on most other 'normal' because FB ain't normal.‎
    02-07-17 12:11 AM
    Use the fb lite and messenger lite applications to get mostof the features of the full app with less data useage and BlackBerry compatibility

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    02-07-17 08:11 AM