The device it's self is very nicely crafted feels very premium and has all the top line specs for a low nexus level pricing. I got the 64gb sandstone black version for $350 USD.

When it comes to specs it matches all flagship android devices and is very smooth since it is using cyanogenmod out of the box, the customization you can make to areas make it great to change the OS feel as you need.

Comparisons categories below:

Screen:
    While the one has a 5.5" screen with a beautiful 440+ PPI 1080p it looks great and feels great but the device at times just feels too big and very hard to get around, The Z30 with its 5" 295PPI 720p screen seems to be the absolute perfect size for that phablet feel but the only downside is it does not look nearly as crisp and clean compared.

Win: Oneplus One

Battery:
    While the oneplus one comes with a 3100mah battery vs the 2880 of the Z30 I feel that the battery life of the one needs some work to be software optimized. When hammering out emails txts and BBM's it seems to drain much faster than the Z30 also in low signal areas Z30 takes the cake with its paratek antenna. In low coverage areas the oneplus drains extreemly fast in comparison the Z30 holds a charge better than anything else I have compared against.

Win: Z30

Camera
    The oneplusone sports a 13mp sony camera vs the 8mp camera found in the Z30, I loved my Z30 camera took many pictures but when it comes to the autofocus it just takes too long. The quality and capture rate of the oneplus has me loving every picture I take. The quality of the 2 seems to differ quite a bit as well but it does't have my favourite feature of the timeshift. Overall the pictures look better and crisper on the oneplus it also handles low light quite a bit better.

Win: Oneplus One

Features/OS
    Android OS as a whole is interesting to use, I have not used it as a primary driver since my old Galaxy S1. The Android OS has come a long way since than but it still feels incomplete, When comparing to just basic features i get on the BlackBerry 10 platform. For example there is nothing that is built into the OS that can natively handle certain items, When ever i need to do anything like open an attachment I have to make sure I have something downloaded to help. Looking at the BlackBerry 10 OS it had docs to go, Adobe, all 3rd party items ready to go from the box to hand. I personally don't use alot of apps and all the apps I do have I could have gotten from SNAP amazon etc etc or native to BlackBerry. My biggest missing link and gripe about android vs BB10 is the multi tasking and how every time I need to do something I need to open an app, the Hub is very underrated when people from the outside look at it having a common place for all your messaging is absolutely amazing. The android OS in compare seems to always need an app to fill the holes it leaves, it is much more polished than I remember but just doesn't feel enough when looking at what BlackBerry has done.

Win: Z30/BB10

Keyboard
    Now I did this just because I had swiftkey installed and wanted to see how it differed from swiftkey's production of the BB!0 keyboard.

Swiftkey on the android device seems very clumsy and incomplete the auto corrections even after giving full permissions to read emails and social media are very poor to say the least. The BlackBerry version seems so polished and well done in comparison, the typing experience on the android version has shattered my world for thinking I can type on a touch device. At all points it seems that I am doing it wrong and have to re-correct a lot of items before I can press send. There are at few times where it does auto correct properly but it seems to be very few and far in between compared.

Win: Swiftkey BB10

Speakers:
    The oneplus has some interesting speakers but is no match for the Z30, still have yet to see a device that can stand up against it:

Win: Z30

Overall thoughts
    I think the Oneplus is a great device the price tag of $350 is remarkable for 64gb storage and coming out of the box with cyanogenmod that people usually go out of their way to load. It has a beautiful screen nice grippy sandstone back and feels great in the hand, however the 5.5" display for me feels just too big when compared to the Z30 when trying to do things one handed. This device is an absolute killer for android it has the top line specs great look feel and parts combined with the cyanogenmod which is super fluid and is like stock android on steroids.

There is another item as well the devices that get sent out at times have been known to have a yellow tint/lines on the screen as well as nicks and dents on the device, I however have not been effected by this but researching a lot online have shown many to be so, in regards to support I have heard that they do not take any responsibility for the defects that do happen.

Pros:
    Beautiful ips LCD display
    Tons of storage space (64gb)
    Big battery (3100mah)
    Price (outright vs contract)

Cons
    Customer support
    Trying to get an invite to buy a device

Overall for me I don't think I can stick with this device for very long but it was worth a try, I use my device for a lot of business usage as well as personal due to my companies BYOD system and feel the BlackBerry far superior in this regard for me as a combo device.
    08-14-14 01:26 PM
    Spec wise the One wins.. but I'd prefer the Z30 if both were offered for me

Join my photography channel
    08-14-14 01:29 PM
    Decent comparison.

One thing I'd nitpick on is that Swiftkey is a more functional for some because of the swipe functionality, and the cloud support.
    08-14-14 01:37 PM
    Decent comparison.

One thing I'd nitpick on is that Swiftkey is a more functional for some because of the swipe functionality, and the cloud support.
    indeed, I don't use those features sadly so it does me no good lol. Also the swipe down on the keyboard for BB to get symbols and numbers i miss greatly i never realized just how much i used to use it. i can hammer out an email bbm or txt so quickly on the BB version it makes me not like doing it otherwise lol.
    08-14-14 01:39 PM
    Decent comparison.

BBID should backup bookmarks, keyboard learned keys etc IMO

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-14-14 01:40 PM
    Love learning about other devices. Thank you for the review!

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-14-14 01:47 PM
    The OnePlus One is quite the remarkable device for its price, that must be said. What I do have to say in favor of this device in comparison with the BlackBerry Z30 is that it has a much more impressive spec list. I'm somebody who really gets annoyed when seeing a hiccup or lag on his phone, really wanting everything going smooth. And I have to say, the spec list is more comparable with the upcoming Passport than the Z30.

Plus, it just stays that full android just has a better app experience than BB10, even with such an impressive implementation of this OS in their own.
    08-14-14 01:50 PM
    Love learning about other devices. Thank you for the review!

My Z10 - an extension of me
    very welcome, i am the same way a bit of a phone junkie.
    08-14-14 01:52 PM
    indeed, I don't use those features sadly so it does me no good lol. Also the swipe down on the keyboard for BB to get symbols and numbers i miss greatly i never realized just how much i used to use it. i can hammer out an email bbm or txt so quickly on the BB version it makes me not like doing it otherwise lol.
    Fair point. That makes sense.
    08-14-14 01:52 PM
    The OnePlus One is quite the remarkable device for its price, that must be said. What I do have to say in favor of this device in comparison with the BlackBerry Z30 is that it has a much more impressive spec list. I'm somebody who really gets annoyed when seeing a hiccup or lag on his phone, really wanting everything going smooth. And I have to say, the spec list is more comparable with the upcoming Passport than the Z30.

Plus, it just stays that full android just has a better app experience than BB10, even with such an impressive implementation of this OS in their own.
    indeed, specs do have their good when running android apps hopefully the next full touch BB handheld has some top notch specs.
    08-14-14 01:53 PM
    BBM would have been sucking the battery dry on android (seen it doing so on my better halfs Samsung)

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    08-14-14 11:56 PM
    BBM would have been sucking the battery dry on android (seen it doing so on my better halfs Samsung)

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    biggest battery drain for me is not BBM, it runs quite smooth compared to samsung devices, my wife has an s3 and i can see what it does to hers due to low ram and power. Biggest drain on my device is during the hours i have low signal it chews threw it, lost like 20% in 2 hours vs being in high signal 3-4% in low signal.
    08-15-14 07:59 AM
    Thanks for the review! I have received a few invites which I have turned down on the OPO Forums mainly due to some reports that people are having trouble with the sensitivity of the touch screen and have communication problems with VOIP apps such as Skype. I am sure these software issues will be resolved but I am really torn in deciding between the two devices.

Here is why i want the OPO

1. I want one device therefore a Phablet that has plenty of built-in storage, and not buy two devices phone/tablet, therefore the 5.5 Inches display on the OPO is perfect
    2. I love the Camera on the OPO! It is just outstanding.

I have a BB Q5 that my office provided me and I really love OS 10.2.1 and have sideloaded Android apps which are slow to launch but work great! I

I want the Z30 because I really love the HUB! I used to have an iPhone 4 and never had an android but from playing around with some, I find BlackBerry OS 10 superior!

If a receive a defective BlackBerry, it can get settled within days! Not the case if you get a defective OPO! People issue a ticket and wait 5 days average just to get a response, then they have to pay shipping to return it and wait for a new one! In Canada the OPO comes to $470-$480, so that is no longer a budget device, but still is cheaper than the Flagships!

iPhone 6 is coming out but so far I am not impressed with the new features of IOS 8 from what I have seen!

I am very tempted to buy the OPO but still find it risky at $480,00 (shipping, duties, taxes-Canada)
    NamelessStar likes this.
    09-01-14 06:02 PM
    Thanks for the review! I have received a few invites which I have turned down on the OPO Forums mainly due to some reports that people are having trouble with the sensitivity of the touch screen and have communication problems with VOIP apps such as Skype. I am sure these software issues will be resolved but I am really torn in deciding between the two devices.

Here is why i want the OPO

1. I want one device therefore a Phablet that has plenty of built-in storage, and not buy two devices phone/tablet, therefore the 5.5 Inches display on the OPO is perfect
    2. I love the Camera on the OPO! It is just outstanding.

I have a BB Q5 that my office provided me and I really love OS 10.2.1 and have sideloaded Android apps which are slow to launch but work great! I

I want the Z30 because I really love the HUB! I used to have an iPhone 4 and never had an android but from playing around with some, I find BlackBerry OS 10 superior!

If a receive a defective BlackBerry, it can get settled within days! Not the case if you get a defective OPO! People issue a ticket and wait 5 days average just to get a response, then they have to pay shipping to return it and wait for a new one! In Canada the OPO comes to $470-$480, so that is no longer a budget device, but still is cheaper than the Flagships!

iPhone 6 is coming out but so far I am not impressed with the new features of IOS 8 from what I have seen!

I am very tempted to buy the OPO but still find it risky at $480,00 (shipping, duties, taxes-Canada)
    Many things have been said about the oneplus company on their customer care and all of it has been bad, they even came up with a term called being oneplused due to how bad it is. The defect rages on the oneplus have been fairly high from my understanding as well. Honestly having this device for 3 weeks... I still feel like battery sucks and want the passport lol.
    RipperTm likes this.
    09-03-14 04:45 PM
    I know this is a longshot.... but any chance of an invite? Lol I feel this would be a perfect phablet for a low price!

Posted via CB10
    Iblamesummers likes this.
    09-14-14 02:01 AM
    Amazing review

Posted via CB10
    Iblamesummers likes this.
    09-14-14 02:06 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to make the comparison. It looks like you took your time and did your best to be fair.

I like what One has done here and I think it's a business model to pay attention to. I've also heard about reliably issues and support nightmares (particularly if you buy from a 3rd party distributor).

I think the ultimate finding from your comparison is that even if BlackBerry doesn't use cutting-edge technology, they sweat a lot of details to make the overall experience better for the user.

I, personally, love specs and new capabilities, but that overall experience is more important to me.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    NamelessStar likes this.
    09-14-14 02:18 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to make the comparison. It looks like you took your time and did your best to be fair.

I like what One has done here and I think it's a business model to pay attention to. I've also heard about reliably issues and support nightmares (particularly if you buy from a 3rd party distributor).

I think the ultimate finding from your comparison is that even if BlackBerry doesn't use cutting-edge technology, they sweat a lot of details to make the overall experience better for the user.

I, personally, love specs and new capabilities, but that overall experience is more important to me.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    I agree with you entirely i don't need cutting edge specs to have the best experience, I personally love the BB10 OS it is beautifully thought out and everything is well placed. If anything there is only one feature i will miss when i leave my oneplus for the passport and that is google now it has saved my hours on hours of traffic with reports that i don't even need to ask for.

After using this device for a month as my daily driver it has been interesting but i don't think the android OS is for me, i need the gestures and unified hub that BlackBerry gives me as well as never needing to open an app like BBM, facebook whatsapp etc etc. Using the device for business and personal use i can't do my job properly but love the games and extras i get out of the oneplus lol.
    lift, Thunderbuck and shaunj539 like this.
    09-15-14 09:44 AM
    I agree with you entirely i don't need cutting edge specs to have the best experience, I personally love the BB10 OS it is beautifully thought out and everything is well placed. If anything there is only one feature i will miss when i leave my oneplus for the passport and that is google now it has saved my hours on hours of traffic with reports that i don't even need to ask for.

After using this device for a month as my daily driver it has been interesting but i don't think the android OS is for me, i need the gestures and unified hub that BlackBerry gives me as well as never needing to open an app like BBM, facebook whatsapp etc etc. Using the device for business and personal use i can't do my job properly but love the games and extras i get out of the oneplus lol.
    Did you get the yellow banding issue by any chance?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 09:51 AM
    luckily i did not, however if someones does get it i found that using a tanning/uv light will fix it. Gladly i have not had to use the customer service from the complaints i have heard about them but device is beautiful for out of the box and working nicely.
    09-15-14 01:00 PM
    I will die with BlackBerry Z30 as my tombstone. Will never use another device! No matter how great it is!

Posted via CB10
    RipperTm, Iblamesummers and lift like this.
    09-15-14 01:09 PM
    I will die with BlackBerry Z30 as my tombstone. Will never use another device! No matter how great it is!

Posted via CB10
    i'm a loyal BB user but i just have a fascination with mobile devices gotta use and try anything that interests me, but no matter how far i go can't get away from how much easier BB makes my life.
    lift likes this.
    09-15-14 01:31 PM
    lol and someone has officially now done a drop test with this bad boy

09-19-14 02:17 PM
    BlackBerry is my lifeline and I will never ever buy any other handset other than BlackBerry. I am using Z30 and is extremely pleased with the performance. Waiting for Passport launch Now.

From my Z30 Device using 10.3.0.296.
    09-19-14 03:42 PM
    Nice comparison, OK says he is getting one this weekend and look forward to his comparison

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    09-19-14 03:55 PM
35 12