The one thing ive been wondering since OS10.2.1 was released is how many extra downloads have Android developers gotten from BlackBerry users. I for one don't really install leaked updates as I need a reliable phone and just not interested in fighting with a tester. I'd wonder how many are in the same boat and if developers will question why so many are coming all at once. Maybe like King or Netflix or instacrap.

Maybe enough for them to double guess their choices to not support bb10 because there isn't a demand
    02-04-14 07:49 AM
    I would think that, based on the number of BB10 devices out there compared to Androids, and the even fewer if those users who are even aware yet of the ability to run Android apps, that number is probably barely a blip on the radar screen, if it's even that. I seriously doubt any of those devs will notice any kind of increase. Maybe when Android apps are officially supported and promoted by BBRY and that we're to somehow result in a bump in BB10 adoption, they might see a difference; but even then it would have to be one heck of a bump.
    02-04-14 07:55 AM
    Android get 1.5 million devices activated every day.... We will be lucky to sell as many device in a year as Android does in a weeks time. You then subtract the devices on enterprise accounts that are locked down and prevent from installing apps and while still in the millions, it is a pretty insignificant number for those big name app developers. Now for some smaller developers, 100 new users might be a big deal and peek their interest in the platform....

But as we are doing everything we can to come to them, why should they do anything to come to us?
    02-04-14 08:14 AM
    The one thing ive been wondering since OS10.2.1 was released is how many extra downloads have Android developers gotten from BlackBerry users. I for one don't really install leaked updates as I need a reliable phone and just not interested in fighting with a tester. I'd wonder how many are in the same boat and if developers will question why so many are coming all at once. Maybe like King or Netflix or instacrap.

Maybe enough for them to double guess their choices to not support bb10 because there isn't a demand
    Any registered Dev that reads our monthly Vendor Newsletter is aware of of the Runtime improvements. It is my opinion that larger groups maintain these connections even if they aren't actively participating in BB10 app development. It is also my opinion that BB is contacting those that don't maintain contact so they are aware.
    02-04-14 08:24 AM
    Major Android developers have a slew (I mean a dozen or more) of devices in all sorts of configurations that they test their apps on. I wonder if any of them will now check BB10 devices to see if their apps run and what they look like.
    02-04-14 08:40 AM