For the sake of accuracy, I edited RIM's Wikipedia article. In the "Controversies" section, I added one word, "purported":

"Controversies

On Jun 30, 2011, an anonymous RIM employee penned an open letter to the company's senior management. The writer's main objective was getting co-CEOs Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie to seriously consider his or her suggestions to stop RIM's purported slide into irrelevance in the mobile industry." [emphasis mine]

Research In Motion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UPDATE: Made another change!

I added the words "someone claiming to be" to the same "Controversies" section.

"Controversies

On Jun 30, 2011, someone claiming to be an anonymous RIM employee penned an open letter to the company's senior management. The writer's main objective was getting co-CEOs Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie to seriously consider his or her suggestions to stop RIM's purported slide into irrelevance in the mobile industry." [emphasis mine]
    Last edited by T�nis; 08-08-11 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Update -- Made another change
    08-08-11 07:38 PM
    maybe someone can edit the BlackBerry wiki page and add pics of the new devices coming out, instead of having the Bold 9000 and the 70xx series pic on there forever lol
    08-08-11 09:17 PM
    Yeah, honestly...you'd think they have a lock on the editing of content of such a controversial subject....

EDIT:Someone changed it back so I updated it.
    Last edited by chiefbroski; 08-08-11 at 09:55 PM.
    08-08-11 09:47 PM
    Yea, if you look at the history, some **** changed it back after me and before you, lol. S/he put "an anonymous senior RIM employee." Thanks for going through the trouble to update it. I like your adjustment on the irrelevance thing, too!
    08-08-11 10:18 PM
    The IP comes back to Denmark ... Who could that be?
    08-08-11 10:22 PM
    Wikipedia is based in Denmark. So, them, probably.
    08-08-11 10:26 PM
    Son of a b****. I had to re-edit my edit cause the "alleged" got taken off. Someone is clearly trolling the RIM wiki page.
    08-08-11 11:12 PM
    Son of a b****. I had to re-edit my edit cause the "alleged" got taken off. Someone is clearly trolling the RIM wiki page.

I saw that. Thanks for keeping up the good fight, lol.
    08-08-11 11:13 PM
    I saw that. Thanks for keeping up the good fight, lol.
    Anytime. Gotta keep those RIM-haters back in line. Like honestly, who would take out the alleged unless you were either THAT EXECUTIVE who wrote the letter, or some guy that doesn't like when people question his RIM slander.
    08-08-11 11:18 PM
    Good on ya!
    08-09-11 12:21 AM
    Keep fighting that good old fight! We will win in the long run (I'll be with blackberry until they crumble to the ground)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 02:03 AM
    I think the RIM haters believe that if they keep lying and insisting that the writer of that letter is/was an actual RIM employee we'll all stop using our BlackBerries an no one else will buy one, lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 07:47 AM
    It's all getting quite out of hand. Makes a person think that RIM must be really something for all the hate and attention they are getting. They any press gets you out there be it good or bad, I just hope it doesn't turn out like Ms Winehouse.
    08-09-11 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD