So one miilion pixels on the new iPhone6 and two million on the plus.

Meet my Z10. Old news, 983040 pixels. On a much smaller screen.

And the Passport: 2,073,600

Better with Dr Evil voice though

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    09-09-14 03:57 PM
    So one miilion pixels on the new iPhone6 and two million on the plus.

Meet my Z10. Old news, 983040 pixels. On a much smaller screen.

And the Passport: 2,073,600

Better with Dr Evil voice though

Don't be evil (tm),
    but LOL yeah...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-09-14 04:02 PM
    1334x750 (326ppi)

Haha, they should have made it 1337 pixels... ;-)
    Now that would've been, ... ahem neat...

09-09-14 04:26 PM
    It's all in the presentation. Shiny and fancy.
    I want it!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 04:43 PM
    It's all in the presentation. Shiny and fancy.
    I want it!

Posted via CB10
    Go for it. If you care to shed the cash...

09-09-14 05:45 PM
    My post was sarcastic toward the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 05:49 PM
    Boo iPhone Boo!
    09-09-14 06:04 PM
    iphone = NO HDMI/USB support

- NO memory upgrades

- NO WMA/Flash support

- NO 4K on this phone....

- NO wireless charging

Z30 doesn't have 4k but still is perfect for what the device does. I am not impressed with the iphone. Who wants to spend all the money for clunky old software anyway ?
    notafanboy likes this.
    09-09-14 06:09 PM
    Well is BlackBerry going to tell people? I can only defend BlackBerry for so long.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 06:09 PM
    ...Z30 doesn't have 4k but still is perfect for what the device does. I am not impressed with the iphone. Who wants to spend all the money for clunky old software anyway ?
    I'm sure millions will, which is in stark contrast to BlackBerry's predicament.
    JeepBB and Poirots Progeny like this.
    09-09-14 06:19 PM
    My post was sarcastic toward the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Ouch, I missed that one.

That makes it even better. :-)
    I can see it now. Thanks for clarifying...

09-09-14 06:34 PM
    Well is BlackBerry going to tell people? I can only defend BlackBerry for so long.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. And my work wants to go to a uniform platform, so the word is they're going to get the new iPhone for us. :-/ as the minority BlackBerry user in the company, there's no selling them on BlackBerry devices since they all drink the Apple Juice and are always trying to one up everything I point out that BlackBerry already does.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 06:35 PM

- NO memory upgrades

- NO WMA/Flash support

- NO wireless charging

Z30 doesn't have 4k but still is perfect for what the device does. I am not impressed with the iphone. Who wants to spend all the money for clunky old software anyway ?
    So? I don't understand... Apple's target market doesn't want or ask for these things. The masses don't need a USB port or Micro SD slot in their phone. It's not made for you, so why be upset that it doesn't have what you want?

All that aside, one could still argue that this isn't news. They made a bigger iPhone, end of story. We expect more from Apple, but the Apple everyone loved 3 years ago is gone. They're a mature company that's going to slowly milk every dollar out of their customers. It's just business, these are just brands...

Posted via CB10
    Poirots Progeny and Roo Zilla like this.
    09-09-14 07:12 PM
    So? I don't understand... Apple's target market doesn't want or ask for these things. The masses don't need a USB port or Micro SD slot in their phone. It's not made for you, so why be upset that it doesn't have what you want?

All that aside, one could still argue that this isn't news. They made a bigger iPhone, end of story. We expect more from Apple, but the Apple everyone loved 3 years ago is gone. They're a mature company that's going to slowly milk every dollar out of their customers. It's just business, these are just brands...

Posted via CB10
    I don't think many here are looking at Apple quite the right way. It is true the smartphone market is maturing. There are still many areas to address but it is getting harder due to the competition. But Apple realizes it's not about just handsets. Therefore, even though the iPhone is currently their bread and butter moneymaker and they addressed areas of particular interest (camera issues such as OIS and display size), Apple is looking beyond. Thus forays into the wearables and mobile payment. More than that, it isn't open. You want these lovely things, you stick with Apple, with some tantalizing tidbits from third parties. This has been their game plan over the years, building all the blocks that keep and attract customers while squeezing a little more life out of their platforms. Playing this long game isn't easy and Apple is taking another risk now pushing into what is arguably less tech and more fashion or lifestyle. It's not surprising that many on these tech sites don't get it. But if it works, there's a hell of a lot of wearables to address and credit cards to co-opt. And not even just for Apple.
    SirSti23 and Carterbits like this.
    09-09-14 08:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep! That sums it up! It surprises me that people really care that much. Pick a device that suits your needs...I'm Team Z30

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    09-09-14 08:47 PM

- NO memory upgrades

- NO WMA/Flash support

- NO wireless charging

I'm pretty sure the iPhone has hdmi support. As the iPhone 5 and higher did. Also, no one cares for 4K support. It's still a niche product. Maybe In a couple of years though. People bring up wireless charging like blackberry has an array of products that actually have wireless charging. They don't

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-11-14 08:44 AM
    I'm pretty sure the iPhone has hdmi support. As the iPhone 5 and higher did. Also, no one cares for 4K support. It's still a niche product. Maybe In a couple of years though. People bring up wireless charging like blackberry has an array of products that actually have wireless charging. They don't

Posted via CB10
    My mistake...thought the z30 had wireless chaffing...charging I mean

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    09-11-14 08:12 PM
    Regardless of whether the numbers are impressive, the actual iPhone 6 screen is really beautiful. I think most objective people will be very impressed when they see it in person.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    09-11-14 09:00 PM
    Here's the thing, as I see it. Innovation is not really the trick. Lots of new stuff comes out, from lots of companies. The Passport is certainly innovative. The iPhone 6 is, too, if you think about the internals (2x the transistors of the 5s, with lower power consumption, for one thing). What is hard, though, is achieving the stability and discipline to stay the course for the incremental improvements, over years, that give consumers confidence.

Folks will buy an iPhone 6 because they know that there will be an iPhone 8, and that their investment in the ecosystem will remain secure... Not static, since certain apps will get dated, and the OS will evolve. But the transition will be gradual and manageable.

Contrast Microsoft, which tends to take radical new directions, abandoning stuff left and right: Plays For Sure, Zune, WinCE, etc. their enterprise stuff is super conservative, but their consumer stuff, not so much.

BB had a very rough patch, and the PlayBook debacle did them no favors. I remember everyone waiting expectantly for a PB2... They didn't want an "innovative" new model, just an updated one.

BB needs to, and I think is planning to pursue a course that is less starting and innovative than predictable and confidence-building.
    TGR1 likes this.
    09-11-14 09:36 PM
    My mistake...thought the z30 had wireless chaffing...charging I mean

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    The Verizon one apparently has...

09-11-14 11:10 PM
    Here's the thing, as I see it. Innovation is not really the trick. Lots of new stuff comes out, from lots of companies. The Passport is certainly innovative. The iPhone 6 is, too, if you think about the internals (2x the transistors of the 5s, with lower power consumption, for one thing). What is hard, though, is achieving the stability and discipline to stay the course for the incremental improvements, over years, that give consumers confidence.

Folks will buy an iPhone 6 because they know that there will be an iPhone 8, and that their investment in the ecosystem will remain secure... Not static, since certain apps will get dated, and the OS will evolve. But the transition will be gradual and manageable.

Contrast Microsoft, which tends to take radical new directions, abandoning stuff left and right: Plays For Sure, Zune, WinCE, etc. their enterprise stuff is super conservative, but their consumer stuff, not so much.

BB had a very rough patch, and the PlayBook debacle did them no favors. I remember everyone waiting expectantly for a PB2... They didn't want an "innovative" new model, just an updated one.

BB needs to, and I think is planning to pursue a course that is less starting and innovative than predictable and confidence-building.
    Keep growing what works and build on it...
    PB2 would certainly not be as much of a flop as the first one...

(everything is is place now...)

09-11-14 11:12 PM
    Applr
    Minimizing specs. Maximizing profit margins.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 11:27 PM
    Here we are, makes it easier to imagine the Dr Evil voice
    Attached Thumbnails One million pixels-226030.jpg  
    09-12-14 05:09 PM
    Here we are, makes it easier to imagine the Dr Evil voice
    Excellent

3Dee likes this.
    09-12-14 09:56 PM