The one thing in Skype that I like much more than BBM is the ability to, in a Group Chat, set certain words to be notified by.

If I am in a Group Chat with 40 people, lots of that will not be what I would want to be included in. If I can set it so that it only notifies me when my name or nickname has been mentioned, that would fabbo. Also, I could add a whole lot of other keywords, particularly ones on topics I like, or important things relating to the conversation. The latter, is really good for business. I would really like this option for my business conversations, as being able to highlight (and maybe able to have it recorded somewhere).

Thoughts?

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    02-28-14 05:35 PM
    Cool idea.

Posted via CB from my LE
    02-28-14 05:36 PM
    Skype is dead. MS had the opportunity to capitalize but they pissed it away. Who cares.

Posted via CB10
    notafanboy and anon(5906760) like this.
    02-28-14 06:00 PM
    Skype is dead. MS had the opportunity to capitalize but they pissed it away. Who cares.

Posted via CB10
    Who cares?

For relz?

It's a good and useful feature. Why not add it?

02-28-14 06:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 06:06 PM
    That's a cool feature. I never knew that Skype did that
    03-01-14 02:13 AM
    Skype is a crappy voice protocol app. Is it going to work today or not? How long will the call last? Do I need to make this call because Skype is so cumbersome to use? I ask myself these questions every single time and it is a reflection of the poor manner in which MS developed this App. Skype is dead and if MS doesn't get it's head out of its a$$, it will be another lost opportunity for this company in the mobile space.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:43 AM
    FaceTime works much better than Skype. But your point is well taken--a cool feature.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 09:14 AM
    Sounds like a good idea to me. I don't use group chat much, but it sounds like the bbm group chat leaves much to be desired from what I've seen on here

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 11:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    What is Skype? People still use horrible always problematic Microsoft products?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 12:10 PM
    FaceTime works much better than Skype. But your point is well taken--a cool feature.

Posted via CB10
    Facetime works well, but it's only on iOS devices. Skype is like the ultimate cross-platform video calling tool because it's on just about everything and almost everyone is on it.

Even if it craps out a lot, it's my go-to because of its reach unfortunately
    03-01-14 12:43 PM
    Will bbm video calling get added to iPhone and Android?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 12:51 PM
    Will bbm video calling get added to iPhone and Android?

Posted via CB10
    In a future update from what I remember reading.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 12:56 PM
    Facetime works well, but it's only on iOS devices. Skype is like the ultimate cross-platform video calling tool because it's on just about everything and almost everyone is on it.

Even if it craps out a lot, it's my go-to because of its reach unfortunately
    Very true.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 12:56 PM
    Skype is far from dead. If has many great purposes - sorry to say. Face time is a joke, only 5 percent of computers are ios - and it is mostly used by broke college kids taking art degrees sitting in dirty coffee shops complaining about the slow wifi. OK I kid a bit .

But Skype is free. Cross platform. Does desktop sharing. And works as a calling system. With beautiful integration into xbox one and being used as THE solution for folks with family over seas, it is far from dead.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-01-14 01:00 PM
    one thing that skype has over bbm is malware. This software is like swiss cheese it has so many security holes in it. Its probably one of the number one ways to break into someones phone. IF you like having your phone hacked or over ridden with malware then by all means use skype. Security wise this thing that i use to use all the time is just unusable i wouldnt touch it unless there was a huge security update which i dont see coming because it would mean rebuilding the entire app. I was in europe turned my phone on using the wifi signal and in 2 minutes i got hacked. So much for being safe. So yes if they can build this functionality into BBM and still keep it secure then by all means otherwise its garbage.
    03-01-14 01:03 PM
    If people cared about security, we wouldn't have such an android and ios user base in this world. :P

And before the Apple fan boys jump over me on this

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul...hases-20120713
    One of my favs /\ - dormant free games stay quiet. On a random day they make hundreds of 99c inapp purchases on behalf of the user without asking

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012...out-of-pocket/

This is just inapp purchases. I could go deeper, but any pro article I read says ios is bad just not as bad as android :P

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-01-14 01:29 PM
    In a future update from what I remember reading.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully they make it reliable. Honestly, I find BBM video and PlayBook video calling to have it's own set of issues - freezing dropped calls are the norm for me with it also.
    03-01-14 01:47 PM
    Skype is a crappy voice protocol app. Is it going to work today or not? How long will the call last? Do I need to make this call because Skype is so cumbersome to use? I ask myself these questions every single time and it is a reflection of the poor manner in which MS developed this App. Skype is dead and if MS doesn't get it's head out of its a$$, it will be another lost opportunity for this company in the mobile space.

Posted via CB10
    This is not relevant to the topic at hand.

I never was wanting 'Skype's stability'.

KermEd likes this.
    03-02-14 08:24 AM
    Given the known issues with Skype, perhaps it is a great time for BlackBerry to strike. Adding such a function to BBM would definitely help. What else do other people use? I assume. No one uses IM services that had video such as Yahoo.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:34 AM
    Skype who?

Posted via CB10 on my ?Zed10
    03-02-14 01:24 PM