I'm hoping that within a year or two BlackBerry will come to realize it cannot put all its marbles in Android, and that while Android is good for the consumer market, the enterprise might still insist that Waterloo support OS 7 and BB10 legacy devices. By then I also hope someone can come up with a viable ecosystem solution that would involve not caving in to Google and Android.
    I agree wholeheartedly (on the BB10 bit, at least). I think that ecosystem solution is for BB10 to support Xamarin, piggybacking on Microsoft's effort to convince developers to use it to make cross-platform apps for iOS, Android and Windows 10 (and BB10). (Xamarin is awesome, I think it'll work.)
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-12-16 11:28 PM
    I'd say the Classic!

Have used all of them - the 9900 is a great device with the best keyboard ever brought to a BlackBerry. But it's OS 7.1 is pretty outdated in 2016.

The Q10 is great, but the Classic has the trackpad (which is still pretty handy for text editing - even if not 100% necessary, but good to have) and the Classic's display is also bigger (better for surfing the web).

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-14-16 05:00 PM
    The 9900 had its day but it is now decrepit, that shouldn't be on anyone's radar for daily use except as a backup / unlocked travel phone.

The Classic and Q10 are on their way too, but there are still a couple years of life left in them. The Classic is the better device purely because it has the slightly larger screen - makes viewing emails, documents and browsing ever so more enjoyable, so I'd buy that among the three for sure. But I'm still holding out home for a Classic form factor with a modern (Android) OS...
    06-15-16 12:38 PM
    I don't recommend to buy a brand new BB10 phone today, specs are VERY outdated and the price is too expensive.

Q10 is a good choice for be waiting to BlackBerry Rome. Small, good pkb, battery replaceable, enough cpu for daily use.

Classic is too expensive if you compares with Q10, there are no differences apart LCD size and toolbelt...

As someone has said, passport is good for basketball player's hand. I've bought an PPSE and sold in a month because is too big for replacing my Q10

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 12:57 PM
    I agree wholeheartedly (on the BB10 bit, at least). I think that ecosystem solution is for BB10 to support Xamarin, piggybacking on Microsoft's effort to convince developers to use it to make cross-platform apps for iOS, Android and Windows 10 (and BB10). (Xamarin is awesome, I think it'll work.)
    Let's hope something is happening.

Xamarin sounds like Tamarind with Xanadu... ;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    ayngling likes this.
    06-15-16 03:14 PM
55 123