I've been using BB 9900 and I'm almost tired of it. I want to have another BB but i need your advice, which should i have between the devices mentioned above?

Baba Dee
    05-04-18 02:29 AM
    BB KEYone Black Edition.

But I would wait a few weeks as the KEY² is very close to being announced
    05-04-18 08:08 AM
    Of those three, KEYone, no contest in this half of the decade.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    05-04-18 08:40 AM
    Classic and Passport are old and use an OS that is soon to be EOL (really already is), they are not something to "invest" in at this point. Unless you just need a basic phone with email.... depending on what BlackBerry shuts down between now and the end of 2019, who knows how troublesome they will be.

KEYone is decent hardware and should be functional for a number of years to come.....
    05-04-18 09:54 AM
    hard to say actually.

when you see a BlackBerry Passport lying on the table, with the pure Bauhaus design this is a no brainer. it is unique and premium. call reception and quality build are second to none.

but to be honest. the KEYone is the winner here. you have a great looking keyboard and all apps you need.

unfortunately the browser of the passport makes it hard to navigate.

with the KEYone everything works. and it looks good too.

if you can be basic and don't need too many apps, try the passport.

but if you believe in evolution and progress, get the KEYone.
    05-04-18 06:30 PM
    Passport is overall way better but lack of apps killed it.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-18 07:22 PM
    What is making you tired of the 9900? Its performance? Its looks?

If your level of boredom is based purely on esthetics and the 9900 meets all of your mobile requirements, then give the Passport a shot. You'll be blown away by BB10 and the unique keyboard experience.

If you're getting bored because you want more than an email/text/call device and want to explore apps, social media and the odd gaming, hands down get the KEYone.
    05-04-18 07:50 PM
    If you're used to toolbelt proficiency, Classic will likely generate least frustration. Trust me, that frustration won't dissipate with familiarization of the newer, glass oriented stuff. The loss of that proficiency is a permanent loss I feel regardless of how "familiar" I get with the so-called "newer" stuff.

That said, 9900 browsing has grown more dysfunctional each year. Classic still provides toolbelt and has recently received OS update but most doubt BB10 will be very serviceable in a couple yrs.

Of course, how long will K1 receive updates??
    If you've grown fond of 9900's shortcut & speed dials, K1 at least offers that. AND I'm loving K1's convenience key! Set mine to hub, similar to my 99's Convenience Key set to Messages. Makes for nicely convenient message checks. BB10 lost the convenience key. Go figure. Lol.

All of your options no longer provide swappable battery. Since the embedded battery can't be swapped if drained, mid day, it must be sized for worst case use... Which means BIG and HEAVY. Forget 9900's compactness. Forget 9900 single handed proficiency. Classic comes closest for single handing. I'm probably about 85% as fast single handing huge Classic as I am on 99. Thanks to Classic's toolbelt. PP & K1 CAN be operated single handed but I've yet to achieve 35% of 99's single handed throughput with the bigger, non-toolbelt, stuff.

K1 delivers remarkable battery endurance but Classic & PP are serviceable. None of the newer stuff provides 99 style charging contacts. K1 doesn't even have wireless charging. USB C seems pretty robust, tho. My Classic forever complains about over heating when charging wirelessly. Not sure exactly WHAT is overheating but pretty certain its embedded battery can't dissipate heat as well as 99's battery does through its fiberglass battery cover.

Nicest thing about K1 is the apps! I'm really getting a kick out of Hampton Inn app that let's me reserve, pay, check in and unlock room key without even stopping by the receptionist! Idk why, that just seems fun. Lol.

Amazingly, after all these years, there really has been no true replacement for the fabulously configured 9900. Inexplicable as that is, 9900 is scheduled for euthanasia by lobotomy once BIS is shut down in about a year and half. Sad fact of life.
    05-05-18 09:06 AM