Whatsapp ia ending bb10 support by end 16, but blackberry officially declared that priv is safe. Didn't mention passport though, but knowing that whatsapp is avail on amazon apps n snap. Will it still work on passport ?
    03-21-16 01:16 PM
    Unfortunately, a BlackBerry 10 devices will lose the WhatsApp. The Priv will be fine, as it runs the Android OS.

And, the Android OS cannot be installed on current BlackBerry 10 devices.
    03-21-16 02:50 PM
    There is a good chance that you will be able to find and use Android versions of the app that will run on the Passport. However, none of those will have the Hub integration and other features that only the native version would have.
    03-21-16 03:04 PM
    I believe both apps are available in official amazon store so you will have android version of both apps just not native
    03-29-16 05:26 AM
    The functionality will then be like a Android device. Similar to how Facebook is now. I have been using the Web version for over a year to have full functionality, similar to on my Samsung tablet. With Facebook as it was I would get HUB notifications but could not respond so I would go into the Web version and reply and such. I am 100 percent happy the HUB integration is gone. I am less distracted with less FB notifications. Not all perceived changes are bad. I read many of the tech writers take and good grief did they blow it out of proportion. It should have read BlackBerry will now have Facebook versions and functionality like iOS and Android.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    03-29-16 09:08 AM
    Anyone know if you will still be able to download Whatsapp on BB10 devices through Snap? If so then I'm assuming without a native install it won't be integrated with Hub. I don't really care about the loss of Facebook Messenger but I use Whatsapp quite a bit so this is a big deal for me.
    03-30-16 11:34 AM
    Anyone know if you will still be able to download Whatsapp on BB10 devices through Snap? If so then I'm assuming without a native install it won't be integrated with Hub. I don't really care about the loss of Facebook Messenger but I use Whatsapp quite a bit so this is a big deal for me.
    Yes you can get WhatsApp for Android via Snap or even Google Play Store. And it works on BB10 devices. I even get Hub notifications.

As for FB, just set your account to send you email notifications and if you have that email address in your hub then you'll get FB notifications straight to your hub. You just have to respond to FB messengers messages via the browser which isn't bad at all and I'm using a specced down Classic (comparing to the Passport that is). I have no issues. I thought it was the end of the world too but it wasn't at all...in some ways it works better because the native FB app for BB10 wasn't working properly anyway.
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-30-16 11:51 AM
    Yes you can get WhatsApp for Android via Snap or even Google Play Store. And it works on BB10 devices. I even get Hub notifications.

As for FB, just set your account to send you email notifications and if you have that email address in your hub then you'll get FB notifications straight to your hub. You just have to respond to FB messengers messages via the browser which isn't bad at all and I'm using a specced down Classic (comparing to the Passport that is). I have no issues. I thought it was the end of the world too but it wasn't at all...in some ways it works better because the native FB app for BB10 wasn't working properly anyway.
    Good stuff... :-D

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    03-30-16 05:02 PM