So, I have had my TERRIBLE blackberry pearl for a year now. I have talked to T-Mobile 80 times, but their "award winning" customer service have been dragging their feet. I CANNOT stay on the phone for more than 5 minutes, without the call being dropped. They told me it is most likely the phone, but something has happened to my water damage sticker and that voids the warranty (it is gone, dunno how, but it is not on my phone)

WHAT DO I DO? I HAVE BEEN CALLING THEM FOR SEVERAL MONTHS AND THEY REFUSE TO DO ANYTHING. I HAVE BEEN WITH THAT **** COMPANY FOR 7 years.

Today they finally told me to update my software, but I can't find an update for my Pearl 8100. I have v4.2.1.103. Is that the latest one?

Sorry for the all caps, but I am beyond frustrated at this point
    08-19-08 03:57 PM
    That is why ever since i started coming to this site, I no longer need Customer Service. I get better help and more accurate information here, then they ever could provide...
    08-19-08 04:00 PM
    08-19-08 04:01 PM
    Did you get the phone used? It sounds like there was some water damage that could have messed something up.
    08-19-08 04:02 PM
    Did you get the phone used? It sounds like there was some water damage that could have messed something up.
    No. Got it from a T-Mobile store. I had never gotten the phone wet, so it can't be water damage
    08-19-08 04:18 PM
    Back it up with the desktop manager and then zap it. Do a complete OS reinstall. If it still doesn't work...it is the phone. I doubt it is any one setting but rather your OS is corrupt or the phone is busted.
    08-19-08 04:27 PM
    Ask to speak to a manager and tell them that your going to cancel and go to ATT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 05:06 PM
    You may have never had the phone near water, but the sweat from you hand can activate the water damage sticker. How do I know, cause that's what happened to me. I threating to cancel and got a new phone, but the headache I got from speaking to them was enough to cancel.
    08-19-08 05:09 PM
    Check the liquid damage indicator within the battery compartment area, the small white 1/8" square sticker. Well, it should be white, or red if exposed to moisture.

Meanwhile, what is your File free at Options > Status?
    08-19-08 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD