Global sales where the average prices is $250?

Apple's doing ok in the market where there is money to be made.... but as smartphone continue to be a commodity item where there is very little difference in hardware. It's funny that Apple is moving more and more into offering what BlackBerry did in the beginning - SERVICES. That's really where BlackBerry failed, not in not offering the next platform... but not building on the Services they offered.

Most here gladly paid $20 - $30 extra for a service that pretty much just provided email a few minutes faster.
    Lol... Yep, price proves a powerful differentiation. Obviously more so than simply "delivering the features and functions and build quality that the vast majority prioritize". However "vast majority" is defined. At barely double digit market share, it's hard to call Apple a "vast majority", imo. Lol.

It's EASY to call them financially successful! Tho. A great lesson in success thru NURTURING their "niche". They're clearly astute enough to recognize that if they started abandoning their LOYAL userbase thru excessive compromise in effort to chase Samsung, they'll end up following BB's lead into the ground. Lol.

RIM panicked when they lost market dominance. They conceded the game, tossed the ball into the crowd and walked off the field. Only to return during what should've been half time to perform some tragic "we can do that too" plays. Leaving their home fans embarrassed & dumbfound with little to even politely clap about. Let alone cheer.
    Looser mentality can be a tough habit to break... Especially on a mega-corporate scale. When even the home team fans can't cheer, who else will buy tickets? Lol.

Just looking like maybe, this time, a "BlackBerry" play might generate enough enthusiasm from their home team to attract some ultimately profitable attention from beyond home?

And yes, RIM's BB was mostly a service. Hardware was mostly incidental to that. Apple is likely astute enough to recognize the potential of services niche?
    bh7171 likes this.
    09-17-20 08:56 AM
    ok that horse has been flogged...let's keep it on topic
    09-17-20 09:01 AM
    "Out of stealth: The most productive, user-friendly & secure Blackberry mobile devices for gov't, enterprise & consumers" - Interesting description they have used with their LinkedIn account.

Does seem like they would have found an original name.... was another OnwardMobility around for a few years going back to 2008. But it seemed to be an group out of India looking for funding.

Lot's of interesting things on LinkedIn.....

Only Ten Employees listed.... most all started at different times, most are from all over the country

Seems Onward began as early as in March 2019 (1 year and 7 Months ago) with Russell. And that Franklin just started this month - get the feeling Franklin is just a mouth pieces for the others who are experienced in some aspects of mobile, production, sales..... or something

Makes sense that Melody Russell as an Account Director at BBMo would have known that BBMo was ending way back in early 2019. And that their were some big Enterprise customers showing "interest".

Anyway interesting group of people.... hope they come up with the funding needed, and are able to devise a viable product.
    09-17-20 10:55 AM
    "Out of stealth: The most productive, user-friendly & secure Blackberry mobile devices for gov't, enterprise & consumers" - Interesting description they have used with their LinkedIn account.

Does seem like they would have found an original name.... was another OnwardMobility around for a few years going back to 2008. But it seemed to be an group out of India looking for funding.

Lot's of interesting things on LinkedIn.....

Only Ten Employees listed.... most all started at different times, most are from all over the country

Seems Onward began as early as in March 2019 (1 year and 7 Months ago) with Russell. And that Franklin just started this month - get the feeling Franklin is just a mouth pieces for the others who are experienced in some aspects of mobile, production, sales..... or something

Makes sense that Melody Russell as an Account Director at BBMo would have known that BBMo was ending way back in early 2019. And that their were some big Enterprise customers showing "interest".

Anyway interesting group of people.... hope they come up with the funding needed, and are able to devise a viable product.
    Thanks for the information, I am also on LinkedIn and will also look them up. As I have said in previous post, it should be an interesting next few months, I hope it all works out for them and as with you, they can come out with a viable product.
    anon(10709275) likes this.
    09-17-20 06:08 PM
    Thanks for the information, I am also on LinkedIn and will also look them up. As I have said in previous post, it should be an interesting next few months, I hope it all works out for them and as with you, they can come out with a viable product.
    I also hope it doesn't puck up (no, not trying to bypass the filter) the partnership with blackberry limited by slapshotting it right in their face and walking away with the funding and all.

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    09-17-20 06:42 PM
    I also hope it doesn't puck up (no, not trying to bypass the filter) the partnership with blackberry limited by slapshotting it right in their face and walking away with the funding and all.

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    It’s all speculation until we see an actual device along with availability and pricing, now it’s wait and see.
    09-18-20 10:36 AM
    What's the blackberry clic site?
    I think it is an Italian BlackBerry fan site. Not sure it is official.
    Tim-ANC and elfabio80 like this.
    09-19-20 10:12 AM
    I think it is an Italian BlackBerry fan site. Not sure it is official.
    None are really "official".... closest to that might have been BBMo and CrackBerry's marketing relationship.
    09-21-20 09:01 AM
    I applaud Onward reaching out to real people and real businesses. Good for them!
    09-21-20 10:18 AM
    I applaud Onward reaching out to real people and real businesses. Good for them!
    OM needs to provide a unique vision, and the form-factor/features/specs should be a product of that vision - not the ramblings of a fansite.
    09-21-20 10:32 AM
    OM needs to provide a unique vision, and the form-factor/features/specs should be a product of that vision - not the ramblings of a fansite.
    But here we can all pretty much agree the name of the next device should be the BlackBerry Unicorn for sure.
    pdr733 likes this.
    09-21-20 10:41 AM
    But here we can all pretty much agree the name of the next device should be the BlackBerry Unicorn for sure.
    I prefer the just as rare.... but more useful Pegasus.
    09-21-20 02:54 PM
    I prefer the just as rare.... but more useful Pegasus.
    Doesn't Goodyear have that one tied up though?
    09-21-20 04:57 PM
    I'm old enough to remember Mobil Oil Pegasus... lol
    09-22-20 03:47 AM
    If the statement includes the ramblings on fan sites about business plans, I agree 100%! For the first time.
    Last edited by Paulelmar18; 09-22-20 at 08:33 AM.
    anon(10709275) and elfabio80 like this.
    09-22-20 08:10 AM
    If the statement includes the ramblings on fan sites about business plans, I agree 100%!
    We certainly are aware that you aren't concerned about such trivial matters, so don't worry.

Discussing specs/features is positive, and discussing business models and target markets are negative. Check.
    BBuso77, 3800 and pdr733 like this.
    09-22-20 08:17 AM
    Let's get the same old BlackBerry "fans" to promote a new BlackBerry phone to the same old small niche. A definite recipe for success

Get a professional marketing company involved!
    09-22-20 08:40 AM
    If the statement includes the ramblings on fan sites about business plans, I agree 100%! For the first time.
    Still waiting for your OM interview date and time. Can you let us know so we can start to submit questions to you for Peter Franklin to answer?
    3800 likes this.
    09-22-20 08:42 AM
    If you are really interested in news about OM, you just have to check our blog from time to time. You are welcome to do so.
    anon(10709275) likes this.
    09-22-20 08:52 AM
    According to some here, Onward is already an impossibility. Let us disregard their cranky nonsense and enjoy looking forward to a brand new 5G, secure BlackBerry.
    shakingthrough likes this.
    09-22-20 08:54 AM
    According to some here, Onward is already an impossibility. Let us disregard their cranky nonsense and enjoy looking forward to a brand new 5G, secure BlackBerry.
    Not true. Several avenues for potential survivability have been discussed within the context of the existing competitive environment.

But it's those specific avenues that will ultimately determine the kind of device we will get, not the input (wish lists) from a tiny fragmented community.

Not to say it's not fun to talk about - but let's not pretend it's anything more than idle chatter.
    Last edited by conite; 09-22-20 at 09:07 AM.
    09-22-20 08:57 AM
    If you are really interested in news about OM, you just have to check our blog from time to time. You are welcome to do so.
    Same interviews, same infomercials already linked elsewhere. I’m of the understanding you all do interviews and podcasts of your own as well. Since German isn’t a language I read or speak, did I miss it already? Sorry if there, but it’s a struggle for me. Thanks in advance.... Chuck
    09-22-20 09:03 AM
    Not an impossibility for me, if 500K users, paying $25/month additional to mobile carrier plan, for some unidentified revolutionary feature. That would be a minimum level but that’s $12.5 million USD/month - $150 million USD/year.
    09-22-20 09:08 AM
    English is not my mother tongue either. A little effort is necessary to stay up to date. And if you don't want to make that effort, there are good translation programs. See you soon on our blog.
    09-22-20 09:13 AM
    Same interviews, same infomercials already linked elsewhere. I’m of the understanding you all do interviews and podcasts of your own as well. Since German isn’t a language I read or speak, did I miss it already? Sorry if there, but it’s a struggle for me. Thanks in advance.... Chuck
    Hey Chuck, but since you are super busy everyday posting on CB showing and spreading your knowledge from Finance to technical matters, how is it possible that you did not contact or were directly already contacted by OM?
    shakingthrough likes this.
    09-22-20 09:24 AM
140 1234 ...