OnwardMobility appears to be seeking out the "influencers" among us. Mods: make yourself known.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/onwar...464368640-RKRD
    shakingthrough likes this.
    09-14-20 06:42 PM
    OnwardMobility appears to be seeking out the "influencers" among us. Mods: make yourself known.

they posted the same thing on twitter as well
    09-14-20 06:46 PM
    Imaging that's what most of the marketing will be... using Social Media to it's full extent.

Smart move....
    3800 and Jake2826 like this.
    09-15-20 10:00 AM

"Something big is coming..."

Intriguing at least ;-)
    elfabio80 likes this.
    09-15-20 10:11 AM
    As I have said, it should be an interesting next few months, even more if they have some working prototype devices.
    elfabio80, Paulelmar18 and Tim-ANC like this.
    09-15-20 04:33 PM
    As I have said, it should be an interesting next few months, even more if they have some working prototype devices.
    I really think to have made the announcement with that FoxCon subsidiary.... they wold have the basics down already.

These parts built into this form for this amount of money. But not necessarily a prototype yet, but it shouldn't take long to push one out.... They'll need something to get Carriers and Retailer onboard, and they'll want to start some sort of effort with other key customers other than BofA.
    shakingthrough likes this.
    09-16-20 07:14 AM
    Very cool. Replied on the LinkedIn post
    shakingthrough and Tim-ANC like this.
    09-16-20 08:52 AM
    I really think to have made the announcement with that FoxCon subsidiary.... they wold have the basics down already.

These parts built into this form for this amount of money. But not necessarily a prototype yet, but it shouldn't take long to push one out.... They'll need something to get Carriers and Retailer onboard, and they'll want to start some sort of effort with other key customers other than BofA.
    I hardly think that putting the name BlackBerry on a phone will attract any carriers at this point. Also BBMobile tried using social media, including Crackberry, and failed miserably. Android OEM's and aPPLE spend $billions on advertising, have you ever seen an ad for a Sonim phone?

Herd Mentality is where it's at.
    09-16-20 02:21 PM
    Herd Mentality is where it's at.
    OEMs delivering the features and functions and build quality that the vast majority prioritize is where it's at.
    pdr733 likes this.
    09-16-20 06:31 PM
    I hardly think that putting the name BlackBerry on a phone will attract any carriers at this point
    Probably drive carriers away, lol.
    anon(5597702) and pdr733 like this.
    09-16-20 06:33 PM
    Influencers for a business minded phone???
    09-16-20 08:48 PM
    saw it on Face Book for admins and groups.
    09-16-20 10:03 PM
    Influencers for a business minded phone???
    Free advertising.
    09-16-20 10:13 PM
    Free advertising.
    But it's an enterprise focused phone. What 20 year old Instagram sensation is going to bother?
    09-16-20 10:15 PM
    But it's an enterprise focused phone. What 20 year old Instagram sensation is going to bother?
    Cast the net as wide as possible. What else in Onward going to do until next year?
    09-16-20 10:17 PM
    Cast the net as wide as possible. What else in Onward going to do until next year?
    Give you and me and others here a prototype to test!
    09-16-20 10:24 PM
    Give you and me and others here a prototype to test!
    Agreed!
    09-16-20 10:25 PM
    What's the blackberry clic site?
    09-16-20 11:10 PM
    OEMs delivering the features and functions and build quality that the vast majority prioritize is where it's at.
    bh7171, anon(10694483) and Drenis like this.
    09-17-20 02:22 AM
    Lol... SAMSUNG delivering the features and functions and build quality that the vast majority prioritize is where THEY are at. Everyone else must carve up the niche crumbs Samsung leaves on the floor. Even Apple, now. That doesn't mean niche CAN'T prove profitable! Apple niche seems to be doing well enough, for now. Lol.

Building a "better, faster, bigger, CHEAPER, etc" Samsung is no guaranteed path to dominance! The "intangibles" are THAT real! FOLLOWing the leader is the surest way to guarantee running BEHIND the leader! Lol.

Any niche player must satisfy a niche market that's willing to PAY niche prices for niche features. If the niche features aren't worth the price to the niche market, the product will fail. TOO much compromise can fail to excite, or even satisfy, ANYone... BB et al has proven really good at THAT! Lol.

Good they're seeking admins, etc. For a social media presence. I just hope they collect some folks who at least WANT to understand the niche they're pursuing. Imo. Fwiw.

Now, where does one apply for beta testing?
    Last edited by idssteve; 09-17-20 at 03:21 AM.
    09-17-20 02:56 AM
    Apple is niche now? 9/10 people around here have an iPhone
    09-17-20 04:52 AM
    Apple is niche now? 9/10 people around here have an iPhone
    Haha... "Around here"... ?

Compare global sales volume... Apple no longer dominates that. They're doing well enough in their successful niche but Samsung clearly dominates "THE market". By the numbers.

Btw, defining "niche" is a whole topic in itself. Lol.
    bh7171 likes this.
    09-17-20 05:32 AM
    Quick. Someone that post, make me something. I can be group moderators or admin. lol
    lol
    09-17-20 06:10 AM

Compare global sales volume... Apple no longer dominates that. They're doing well enough in their successful niche but Samsung clearly dominates "THE market". By the numbers.

That's some big niche they have there.
    https://www.idc.com/promo/smartphone...t-share/vendor
    OM puts out the call for Communities Mods/Admins on LinkedIn-screenshot_20200917-140339.jpg
    3800 likes this.
    09-17-20 07:05 AM

Global sales where the average prices is $250?

Apple's doing ok in the market where there is money to be made.... but as smartphone continue to be a commodity item where there is very little difference in hardware. It's funny that Apple is moving more and more into offering what BlackBerry did in the beginning - SERVICES. That's really where BlackBerry failed, not in not offering the next platform... but not building on the Services they offered.

Most here gladly paid $20 - $30 extra for a service that pretty much just provided email a few minutes faster.
    09-17-20 07:17 AM
140 123 ...