so i recently got a job at buffalo wild wings, and most of the big shot execs were in town for the opening. while i was trying to look busy i noticed several of them had the old 8700's berries. why wouldn't such a growing restaurant upgrade their hot shots to something a little easier on the eyes. is it just me or do these guys need some new berries? my guess is they don't have a real choice on what they get issued but comon this just bothers me, if i were one of them and seeing the bold and storm just recently coming out i would be a little ashamed of being locked down to a great grandfather of todays must have.
    11-25-08 10:50 AM
    There are many reasons for not upgrading, probably the most of which is the cost. Many contacts I deal with on a daily basis are using older blackberries supplied to them by their company. If a device does the function for what its designed (primarily phone/email) what is the necessity for the captial expense of upgrading? They could very well be waiting for the term of the contract to get a deal on new equipment at renewal time. At the company I work with we can get a new phone every 3 years when our contract expires, if we want a new phone sooner we have to pay for it out of pocket.
    11-25-08 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD