Hmm why is the op complaining about 5.0????? When its released, don't upgrade.... End of story
    For the third time : I'm NOT COMPLAING I'm ASKING : IS 5.0 WORTH ALL THE HYPE ?!?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 08:58 PM
    who's texting complete strangers? Not sure what going out and meeting people has to do with anything. My lady's biggest complaint about her new Tour was no threaded SMS which she had on her Treo. So something that may be small for you is important to others.
    I didn't say one word about Texting "unknown" people. I said if you are texting so many people you need threaded SMS to keep them stright you need to go out and meet people, meaning put the phone down, go out, and hang out with people. Spoken words are a lot better that written words.

10-30-09 09:00 PM
    I didn't say one word about Texting "unknown" people. I said if you are texting so many people you need threaded SMS to keep them stright you need to go out and meet people, meaning put the phone down, go out, and hang out with people. Spoken words are a lot better that written words.

I hang out often with plenty of people and still manage to send upwards of 10,000 texts a month. There are many people who do even more than that. That's a lot of texts from a lot of different people. Not that I really want threaded messaging (especially the way people talk about it's implication in 5.0) but I could see where some people would. Just because you text a lot doesn't mean you don't talk to people in person a lot. If it werent for the search function, threaded messages would be a deal breaker on a phone for me.
    10-30-09 09:21 PM
    Waste of time, while RIM tries to figure out there OS issues the rest of the competition continues to release new update OS that are more productive. I am going to take a break from Blackberry for a while and go to a Android phone and give that a shot.
    Wait! Wait! Wait! You say you have a Storm 2 but are going to get a droid. Why would any sane person buy one phone that has an OS that he believe has "issues" only to say he's going to buy another phone 2 days later.
    Why should anyone believe anything you say?
    10-30-09 09:30 PM
    For the third time : I'm NOT COMPLAING I'm ASKING : IS 5.0 WORTH ALL THE HYPE ?!?!

Ppl are excited because its gonna be another new official operating system . People get bored of the old things, and they move on.
    10-30-09 09:50 PM
    Falling behind?

1) have you heard of "jailbreaking an iPhone" or "rooting a android".... to access the "inner workings of the phone from the phone".... try doing that on a BB... please tell me how...

2) Android, Windows Mobile, and Apple all allow you to store applications on the Memory cards (given apple doesnt have SD cards on the iPhone), and only thing RIM does is allow you to store "media" on the SD card.

3) by falling behind i am referring to "quality", not total units sold. McDonald's sells a sh*t load of hamburgers, but are they good??? nope! ! ! they are cheap. & with RIM and all of their BOGO free offers sure they'll move a ton of phones. What would happen if Palm offered a BOGO on the Pre, HTC/Google offered a BOGO and Android OS devices, and Apple offered a BOGO on the iphone..... the tables would turn?
    My understanding of jailbreaking an iphone is limited but isn't one of the gains from it the ability to change the appearance of the UI? If you want to change the UI of a BB you just select a new theme and download it. Another major reason is also to allow the installation of some 3rd party apps that are BANNED by Apple. I know of no apps that are banned by RIM. Also to allow video recording.

As to the McDonald's, it is the top food service company in the Fortune 500 at 107. Pretty good for a company that sells "not so good" hamburgers.
    10-30-09 09:54 PM
    a forum devoted to one brand of smartphone is going to be full of HYPE. everyone here has come here to either learn about what their phone can do or get help with a problem they are having. they stayed because a) they want to keep getting that good info they came here for.. or b) enjoy the community and want to keep talking about the stuff they love(blackberrys). in the world of 1, 2, 3 year contracts, you gotta get excited about something in the interim, otherwise people wouldnt love their phones as much. hype keeps people excited. the fact is, hype is a good thing.. and if not for it, RIM probably wouldnt have as high of a market share as it does.
    Last edited by SofaKingKev; 10-30-09 at 10:17 PM.
    10-30-09 10:11 PM
    a forum devoted to one brand of smartphone is going to be full of HYPE. everyone here has come here to either learn about what their phone can do or get help with a problem they are having. they stayed because a) they want to keep getting that good info they came here for.. or b) enjoy the community and want to keep talking about the stuff they love(blackberrys). in the world of 1, 2, 3 year contracts, you gotta get excited about something in the interim, otherwise people wouldnt love their phones as much. hype keeps people excited. the fact is, hype is a good thing.. and if not for it, RIM probably wouldnt have as high of a market share as it does.
    I completely understand that a board is going to be chuck full of hype over a new product, esp when the board focuses on the "products mother line". That's 100% a given. But no one in 57 some post, but for the post of the cross device Applications ( which I didn't know), has said 5.0 is 4.6 with a flashy start up screen, Threaded SMS, and you can now assign custom SMS tones. . . . So I would gather 5.0 isn't worth the hype. Okay my question has been answered.

10-30-09 11:23 PM
    . . . So I would gather 5.0 isn't worth the hype. Okay my question has been answered.
    does that mean that i answered your question
    10-30-09 11:28 PM
    What are they migrating to? Do you have any statistics to back this up? Or is this yet another isolated incident where the 47 people you work around are doing this, so it *must* be a nationwide trend. I can definantely see a lot of consumers frustrated by RIMs recent work. Though I don't have contact with many of them, I don't see many people who use a phone solely for work having any problem with the long lived stability, security, and structure that the BB has. That may change, and I'm not saying it isn't changing, but I have yet to see numbers that support this and I have yet to see an OS or phone that people are flocking to and trusting enough to change the scene, especially on the corporate business sector.

People will always want to see if the grass is greener somewhere else, but that doesn't mean that it is.
    You want a statistic? How about this downgrade that came out this morning from Citigroup:

"Citigroup analysts on Monday raised their rating on Motorola stock (NYSE:MOT) to "buy" from "hold," calling the Droid, which runs on Google Inc.'s (NASDAQ:GOOG) Android operating system, "compelling."

They cut their recommendations to sell from hold on Palm (NASDAQ:PALM) and all the way from buy to sell on Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM)."

Like I said, RIM is falling behind...
    11-02-09 09:09 AM
    OH NO! I better tell my boss that RIMs stock standing has been changed. I'm sure this will compel him to ditch all of our BBs for the newest flash in the pan...

LOL.
    11-02-09 10:01 AM
    OH NO! I better tell my boss that RIMs stock standing has been changed. I'm sure this will compel him to ditch all of our BBs for the newest flash in the pan...

LOL.
    refering to the Android OS as a "flash in the pan" is the furthest thing from truth. and HTC phones, the #1 supplier of Android as a "flash in the pan" is pretty far out there to.

With Apple, RIM, and Android all being in the same game, and with RIM being the "old G" in the game they are doing nothing but leaning on the RIM name for it's following.
    11-02-09 10:36 AM
    i have not notice the difference maybe someone can point them out for me?
    11-02-09 10:38 AM
    i have not notice the difference maybe someone can point them out for me?
    are you talking the differences from 4.7 to 5.0!?!?!

if you are ---- thanks for point out my whole point of this pOSt.
    11-02-09 10:43 AM

LOL.
    Your avatar, PIN # and Location data prevent anyone and everyone from taking any of your comments seriously.

Please go back to your Brickbreaker game and let the adults have a productive conversation.

The best way to explain the difference between 4.7 and 5.0 is this...5.0 is a theme and not a substantial upgrade to the OS. That's it...
    11-02-09 11:54 AM
    Your avatar, PIN # and Location data prevent anyone and everyone from taking any of your comments seriously.
    Please go back to your Brickbreaker game and let the adults have a productive conversation.

The best way to explain the difference between 4.7 and 5.0 is this...5.0 is a theme and not a substantial upgrade to the OS. That's it...
    How can you judge someone by their profile Information, sounds like judge'n a book by it's cover. ..... man you would take no seriously on my car club's forum board.
    11-02-09 12:01 PM

My Mommy says you're a meanie but I shouldn't take your personal attack personally...cuz you're obviously VERY important source of info based on your profile specs... LOL Thanks for setting this thread straight with your input.

At least its not based on stock prices... Oh wait, that WAS you... nvrmind...
    11-02-09 08:29 PM
    I really havent noticed any difference.
    Last edited by MikeD23; 11-03-09 at 01:34 PM.
    11-03-09 01:30 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD