On this day we have seen this forum get......... well pretty negative. I, like a lot of other people were very excited about this day and unfortunately for some of us it did not go the way we wanted it to due to carrier issues. BUT for those of us who can either wait OR are lucky enough to be getting the phone what are some positives? I am glad to people people like Alecia Keys come on board and Robert Rodriguez, as well as Questlove from The Roots talking about Blackberry on Twitter.
    01-30-13 06:43 PM
    On this day we have seen this forum get......... well pretty negative. I, like a lot of other people were very excited about this day and unfortunately for some of us it did not go the way we wanted it to due to carrier issues. BUT for those of us who can either wait OR are lucky enough to be getting the phone what are some positives? I am glad to people people like Alecia Keys come on board and Robert Rodriguez, as well as Questlove from The Roots talking about Blackberry on Twitter.
    Don't know who any of them are so can I still be grumpy? It is funny (in a sick sort of way) how different the mood is here tonight vs the mood last night.
    Tonight I will celebrate the release of the BB10 units to my friends up north and across the pond and wish them the best of success with their new units.

The only thing I ask is that some of you lucky souls who are lucky enough to have the Z10 in your hands tomorrow night: Please post videos so I can celebrate with you????
    phylez likes this.
    01-30-13 06:49 PM
    im happy. Im on Rogers
    01-30-13 06:52 PM
    i dont think we are grumpy as in upset, just disappointed. like if you brought your kid to a dance recital or concert and they didnt do their best, you know they can do better (and that they have all the tools to do better) but they just dont go 100%... you get a bit disappointed.

like when your fave sports team is losing by 2 and pushes so hard, scores with a couple minutes left and then loses by 1... well, why couldnt they play that well the whole game, they were obviously capable...
    nquyen likes this.
    The mood will change soon enough.
    people are venting and they will soon calm down.
    we cant force that to happen
    Party at Kevin's mansion in Winterpeg?
    01-30-13 06:54 PM
    Party at Kevin's mansion in Winterpeg?
    you bring the booze and i'll bring the glasses?
    01-30-13 06:55 PM
    I'm pretty happy, even though I'm in the US and won't get my hands on any BB10 til March.

Just gives me more time to save up for one (to buy off contract) and not have to feel guilty of taking money away from my other budgets.
    RHDJEEZY likes this.
    01-30-13 06:55 PM
    I'm still not seeing what the problem is? It appears that RIM has been honest so far on what the phone is currently lacking & we have been well educated on what the phone is capable of doing now. The delay I'm guessing is for nothing more than to shore up the app gap - I think Blackberry, as a whole will be just fine. It's better for them to hold off until they can load Netflix and Skype on their devices.
    01-30-13 06:56 PM
    moderators ought to clean house on some folks who are being ruthlessly negative and ridiculous in thier critiques.....it is WAY over the top.......a little bit of reality and understanding is needed......
    01-30-13 06:58 PM
    I guess you're right. It's sort of like waiting for 'Who Killed JR?'. I had to wait an entire season to see that one out (who would have thought is was a dag on dream?). 6 to 8 to 10 weeks won't be that long.....<<<trying to stay positive here>>>
    01-30-13 06:59 PM
    moderators ought to clean house on some folks who are being ruthlessly negative and ridiculous in thier critiques.....it is WAY over the top.......a little bit of reality and understanding is needed......
    you need to be clearer about that?
    01-30-13 07:00 PM
    Blackberry sucks. I've been waiting since 2011 for phones that should of been released in 2012. All in all I'm tired of being the outcast and pumping this company when they just make these stupid moves all the time. I just don't get how you can acknowledge the importance of the US by having your main launch happen in NYC, and then snub the entire country. I mean please someone give me an explanation here. Have the main launch somewhere else then. People have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, counting down the days till January 30th and finally it arrives, and you find out you need to wait another couple months. My phone has been falling apart for a long time, it barely made it to January 30th. I've had a full upgrade from Verizon waiting for me since March 2012......Ugh.....just so disappointing.
    01-30-13 07:01 PM
    Blackberry sucks. I've been waiting since 2011 for phones that should of been released in 2012. All in all I'm tired of being the outcast and pumping this company when they just make these stupid moves all the time. I just don't get how you can acknowledge the importance of the US by having your main launch happen in NYC, and then snub the entire country. I mean please someone give me an explanation here. Have the main launch somewhere else then. People have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, counting down the days till January 30th and finally it arrives, and you find out you need to wait another couple months. My phone has been falling apart for a long time, it barely made it to January 30th. I've had a full upgrade from Verizon waiting for me since March 2012......Ugh.....just so disappointing.
    You are awful quick to blame BlackBerry. I think it has been somewhat established that the carriers haven't completed their testing (somewhat being the operative word here).
    01-30-13 07:03 PM
    I'm still not seeing what the problem is? It appears that RIM has been honest so far on what the phone is currently lacking & we have been well educated on what the phone is capable of doing now. The delay I'm guessing is for nothing more than to shore up the app gap - I think Blackberry, as a whole will be just fine. It's better for them to hold off until they can load Netflix and Skype on their devices.

I really think people were waiting for an iPhone or Android "knock out" punch.

It just wasn't there, and there wasn't anything there that most of us haven't already read or watched a video on already.

Just time to take a breath, BlackBerry 10 is still the same awesome OS we've been reading about, and some folks just have to wait a bit longer than others.

Why that has angered some people so bad, I'm just bewildered....

Either way, I'm still excited and eager to get one in my hands
    From what I've read in places, it may not be BlackBerry's fault that US gets it in March. Apparently, it's because of the carriers.
    Ok well I see some of you totally miss the topic of this post lol If I may be clearer....................... If you want to complain you have plenty of posts to do that in. Leave this one to the rest of us! Thanks
    err how are you an outcast for using blackberry?
    as has been said many times, the phones are ready and it seems to be the carriers who are delaying things, not blackberry

blackberry have said its delayed due to US carriers still testing.
    US carriers have not said its delayed because blackberry wont give them phones.
    it seems pretty clear cut to me
    01-30-13 07:04 PM
    Ok well I see some of you totally miss the topic of this post lol If I may be clearer....................... If you want to complain you have plenty of posts to do that in. Leave this one to the rest of us! Thanks
    quite right

in brighter news, i know i cant buy one, but i will be asking to play with dummy units soon
    01-30-13 07:05 PM
    Some people here have been through all this numerous times before, especially with each delay of BB10. Things eventually blow over, and life goes on. Just give it a few days or so.
    01-30-13 07:05 PM
    I really think people were waiting for an iPhone or Android "knock out" punch.

It just wasn't there, and there wasn't anything there that most of us haven't already read or watched a video on already.

Just time to take a breath, BlackBerry 10 is still the same awesome OS we've been reading about, and some folks just have to wait a bit longer than others.

Why that has angered some people so bad, I'm just bewildered....

Either way, I'm still excited and eager to get one in my hands
    kneejerk reaction i guess.

As for the knockout punch, RIM made it clear that BB10 was not that. It was aggresively hyped up by people who have since been quiet.
    Blackberry 10 has met and exceeded my expectations
    RHDJEEZY likes this.
    01-30-13 07:07 PM
    So what do you think about them dropping the name RIM for BlackBerry? I think it's a good move.
    01-30-13 07:09 PM
    Well, I am happy . Just went into Bell and preordered my new white Z10. I was due for an upgrade so , $100.00 fora 3 yr contract. Deal is good until Feb 2nd , in-store only.They said it will be in next week. (hoping soner)
    RHDJEEZY likes this.
    01-30-13 07:12 PM
    So what do you think about them dropping the name RIM for BlackBerry? I think it's a good move.
    its one way to stop those "RIM jobs cuts" headlines that reek of innuendo
    ctuffy likes this.
    01-30-13 07:13 PM
    like i said, i love the phone... im just a but frustrated that other people may not feel the same if the only info they got was based on the launch presentation.
    01-30-13 07:23 PM
33 12