Picked up a 32GB today to give my 16GB to my kid. The problem I'm having is the new PlayBook is running 358 and the old one has 668. When I tried to swap devices on BBDM it won't load my info onto the new one. It says the software is a lower version. The new one won't give me the update. Do I have to wait for the next release?
    09-14-12 10:52 PM
    09-14-12 11:41 PM
    I got into a similar situation and there is pretty much nothing you can do.

As your backup is on 668, it will never load into a 358.

I suggest waiting for a newer update after 668 and update both your PBs and carry on from there.

In the meantime, continue using the 668 PB and let your son use the 358 PB, then swap over once the newer update is out.
    09-14-12 11:47 PM
    You could bring them both to the 2.1 beta, but that's a real crapshoot.
    NFLPLAYBOOK likes this.
    09-15-12 12:53 AM
    The easiest solution in your situation is to connect both BlackBerry PlayBooks to the same computer, enable file sharing on both tablets, and then drag-and-drop the content from the 16GB tablet to the 32GB tablet; except applications which can be re-installed on the new BlackBerry PlayBook via BlackBerry AppWorld - when prompted to change the PIN associated with the BlackBerry ID / AppWorld account choose 'Yes.' After all the content you want transferred has copied to the new tablet disconnect both tablets and disable file sharing. Re-install applications on the new tablet. At this point you can perform a security wipe of the old tablet if you want to assign a separate BlackBerry ID to it for your son.
    NFLPLAYBOOK likes this.
    09-15-12 01:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD