...if Apple came out with a solution to allow you to cut and paste, provide a back casing that opened so that you could remove the battery yourself, and offered an email client that rivaled BBerries along with MMS? Would you switch over to the dark side?

Don't get me wrong... I love my Bberries, and have owned 3 already, but something about the iPhone's fancy user interface and amazing multi-media capabilities is really starting to tempt me. Now I know people say if you want to get things done, you get a berry, and if you like multi-media, you get the iPhone, but it seems there is not much the iPhone needs to do now to close that gap to the point where there are no longer any real advantages to owning a berry, no? I mean, how difficult can it be to figure out how to provide cut and paste and MMS capability? I think the Storm was built to try to bridge that gap, but in reality, if you look at all the reviews, they pretty much all say that it falls short of being a real iPhone killer or even a traditional Blackberry killer (since many still say the Bold is better execution than the Storm).

So what do you guys think? Is RIM in trouble? Me personally...unless RIM comes out with a better phone in a year and half, when my contract comes due, I hate to say it, but I may be a "look at i-phone" convert too. Just seems that all of RIMs new products (Pearl flip, Storm, and Bold) still fall short of the iPhone's appeal to the general public.
    why not just get a itouch? thats what my iPhone is now..

its a overpriced itouch.. i place the phone in airplane mode..
    12-12-08 01:32 AM
    All the above, plus: No Itunes. I don't like being told I HAVE to use their software or else.
    12-12-08 01:37 AM
    I've played with my brothers I phone quite a bit & yes it has a cool interface but is more of a toy than useful. Call quality is poor (if i will connect on first try). The Storm & Verizons network kick ****. My 1st BB & totally addicted.
    12-12-08 01:55 AM
    I would need a hardware keyboard. Having come from several years of touchscreens, productivity is pathetic using a touchscreen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 03:34 AM
    iPhones are for the...
    OMG tweens,
    Democrats,
    AOL users.

In short, we have iPhones for the same reason that we have the warning tags on hair dryers telling us not to use them in a bathtub. Some folks just lack the mental capacity to use a device like a BB or WM phone.
    12-12-08 04:58 AM
    If it doesnt look like a toy, if it has all the blackberry features plus the iPhone features...Id definitely go for it. But for now... Blackberry!! Woot woot!
    12-12-08 05:02 AM
    If it went to Verizon I'd go for it. I don't want to switch carriers though.
    12-12-08 05:04 AM
    I hate to say it, but I'll be "that guy" that walks around with a BB and an Apple device.
    You have company. I won't part with my iPod, and I don't put any music on my Berry because that's what the 'pod is for.
    12-12-08 06:40 AM
    In the uk it was �350 for the iphone then �35/month
    The bold was just �35/month (free bold!)

I seriously considered iphone despite the poor interface & fixed price (any other industry would call it a monopoly / price fix, but it's ok if it's Apple...)
    That was until I saw the bold and realised there was something better, something where I could write this whilst walking down the corridor, instead of having to take a vaction to write it on a hopeless virtual keyboard.

The bold looks wonderful, iphone looks increasingly dated - almost as bad as the g1 and (insert all large screen, touch screen phones)
    People I know who got iphones were like kids in a sweetshop for the first month, then the lack of substance, and practicality, and any real use or value, kicks in. Then they don't want to show it off anymore

If the bold had a more capable browser/nicer media handling/more apps then iphone would be dead in the water.
    Oh, what's that? Firefox coming for bold? And an app store? And 3rd party apps already offer iphone like media management. How nice!
    Bye bye iphone, and hopefully Apple and Mr Jobs too

12-12-08 07:05 AM
    Ditto #2 ... And if nobody gets me one, I'll just make that my gift to myself. I hate to say it, but I'll be "that guy" that walks around with a BB and an Apple device.

Sad, but true.
    Get the iPod Touch is totally worth it. I also carry both devices all the time and that it's not going to change!
    If the iPhone had all those features then it would be a Blackberry copy!!! The ONLY thing the iPhone is superior is in the browser/multimedia. So, no thanks

12-12-08 07:29 AM
    Hmmm I do get tempted when I see my friend's iphone... But after playing with it for few minutes... I pick up my BB and give her a big hug lol
    I rather wait on a BB magnum!

12-12-08 07:33 AM
    I think it's a matter of focus. I can buy a calculator that has a crappy task manager or a pda that has a crappy calculator. My 'puter can play games and dvds, but not like a gaming system w/ a big screen and surround sound. It's a good thing - I don't want them trying to meet in the middle in mediocrity. I'll stick with BB and hope they stay on the same path.
    12-12-08 09:46 AM
    I have no interest in the iPhone what so ever. I don't carry a berry because everyone else does, I carry it because I use every feature it offers and it saves me time, money, and headaches.
    12-12-08 09:56 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD