Perhaps a British accent, there? If that's the case, he'd be understandably excited, unlike many of our overindulged children here in the States. My boys are quite grateful for their phones, so much so that even though they are on our plan, they pay their share of the bill. But the reaction of this young fellow is delightful, and refreshing.
    This is why UK teenagers love BBM, screenshot from my niece's bbm
    Attached Thumbnails Oh My God!! It's a BlackBerry!!-edshot-20-sat-20dec-2029-202012-201.38.25-20pm-.jpg  
    sir.dangerfield likes this.
    12-29-12 09:02 AM
    When I first saw the title of the post, I thought it was going to be someone laughing at a co-worker or friend who was "using a BlackBerry", as in , "OMG, YOU are USING a BLACKBERRY?" Understand, I say this only because many of my business associates and especially my friends like to OMG ME for using a Berry.

Interested to see the reaction of this little lad so excited to be the new owner of a BBerry. I'd assume iPhone or at least Android, but not this much excitement from a young guy for a BlackBerry. He must really be into BBM as posted above. Either that or he's really into productivity. Probably the next big Entrepreneur in the making!
    12-29-12 10:08 AM
    When I first saw the title of the post, I thought it was going to be someone laughing at a co-worker or friend who was "using a BlackBerry", as in , "OMG, YOU are USING a BLACKBERRY?" Understand, I say this only because many of my business associates and especially my friends like to OMG ME for using a Berry.

Interested to see the reaction of this little lad so excited to be the new owner of a BBerry. I'd assume iPhone or at least Android, but not this much excitement from a young guy for a BlackBerry. He must really be into BBM as posted above. Either that or he's really into productivity. Probably the next big Entrepreneur in the making!
    After reading your post I actually do understand what you mean. I think the BlackBerry brand isn't tarnished, especially outside of North America where it still continues to dominate in many regions of the world. So much so that companies have replaced phone numbers with BlackBerry Messenger PINs for their support or sales lines.
    12-29-12 04:17 PM
    Similar to my reaction when I got my first curve 8530... I was a little older but still
    12-29-12 04:30 PM
    I get that as well. I spend (and have spent) a great deal of time in France, England, Spain, UAE and parts of Africa. I understand that BlackBerry is still a player in some of these areas. Here in North America, it is definitely waning. Very few of my business associates and NONE of my friends use BlackBerry any longer. They have all migrated to iPhone or Android, and a few to W8. I love my BBerry and won't forsake it. My only wish is that I had someone to BBM in Business. I've got one guy, my stockbroker. He's on a Berry. And strangely enough, he has NO Text plan, so you HAVE to BBM him! Now ain't THAT a kick in the head!

When my friends say, "OMG you are STILL on a BlackBerry!?", I smile and say "Yeah, because I don't have time to play with my phone. I've got to get stuff done."

After reading your post I actually do understand what you mean. I think the BlackBerry brand isn't tarnished, especially outside of North America where it still continues to dominate in many regions of the world. So much so that companies have replaced phone numbers with BlackBerry Messenger PINs for their support or sales lines.
    12-29-12 05:13 PM
    This is why UK teenagers love BBM, screenshot from my niece's bbm
    0 BBM Groups, I am disappoint!
    12-30-12 02:10 AM
31 12