I was just wondering if there was an offline GPS solution for blackberry/storm? On my Treo i had TomTom installed and all the maps were on a SD card..

Anything similar? Or do all need live internet access to function? As i do go overseas occasionally and and sometimes in spots that don't get great signals at all... last thing i need is this to stop working when i think i'm lost..

I just want the option to have to NOT use my standalone garmin.. less things to lug around! including less cables
    12-12-08 12:09 PM
    TrekBuddy is one BlackBerry GPS app that allows you to store maps on a media card. It's intended to be used in areas where you don't have a cell signal. Google Trekbuddy and you'll find it. I don't know whether it works with the Storm yet.
    12-12-08 12:51 PM
    Garmin has an on-board nav system that has all the map data on a proprietary sd card. I love garmins but I think the need to use their own sd card is a drawback.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 07:44 PM
    I have the garmin app for the storm and it works great... but not offline.
    12-14-08 07:50 PM
    TrekBuddy is one BlackBerry GPS app that allows you to store maps on a media card. It's intended to be used in areas where you don't have a cell signal. Google Trekbuddy and you'll find it. I don't know whether it works with the Storm yet.
    It's a j2me app, rather than a BB app, so who knows

I'm guessing it will suffer more UI issues because of this but it also depends on RIM too I suppose.

it's TrekBuddy.net
    12-15-08 05:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD