Folks DO know you can lose points if cheating is detected, or if it's determined you DIDN'T meet the mission objectives. That is each submission is subject to review.
    08-09-11 08:19 AM
    Folks DO know you can lose points if cheating is detected, or if it's determined you DIDN'T meet the mission objectives. That is each submission is subject to review.
    I agree we should lose points if the submission does not meet the required standards but cheater should be treaded as such:

- warning
    - ban

Just my two cents...
    08-09-11 09:51 AM
    Quick Announcement!

Since not everyone has access to multiple BlackBerry's, I've talked with CrackBerry Kevin and we've decided to make a quick adjustment to the rules so everyone can participate.

For missions where you have to take a picture of YOUR BlackBerry doing something (charging, at the mall, etc.), you are now allowed to create a cardboard cutout of your BlackBerry and use that as your BlackBerry. All BlackBerry cutouts must be made to look as similar to your actual phone as possible.

Note: This does not mean you can just stack up 5 pieces of cardboard for "Stack Up". The cardboard cutout is valid for ONE phone only.

Andrew Cross

----------------------------------
    GooseChase Adventures
    diegonei likes this.
    08-09-11 10:01 AM
    Quick Announcement!

Since not everyone has access to multiple BlackBerry's, I've talked with CrackBerry Kevin and we've decided to make a quick adjustment to the rules so everyone can participate.

For missions where you have to take a picture of YOUR BlackBerry doing something (charging, at the mall, etc.), you are now allowed to create a cardboard cutout of your BlackBerry and use that as your BlackBerry. All BlackBerry cutouts must be made to look as similar to your actual phone as possible.

Note: This does not mean you can just stack up 5 pieces of cardboard for "Stack Up". The cardboard cutout is valid for ONE phone only.

Andrew Cross

----------------------------------
    GooseChase Adventures
    Does not help me, but should make it a lot more interesting for a lot of people!

Good move!
    08-09-11 10:19 AM
    I agree we should lose points if the submission does not meet the required standards but cheater should be treaded as such:

- warning
    - ban

Just my two cents...
    Forget the warning. Disqualification from the contest should be the first and only action.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 10:33 AM
    Good luck to all in the competition! While I would love a new OS 7 device, I decided to forgo since I a) live in the country and figured it would be difficult to track down everything I need to take a picture of and b) keep a busy schedule of job searching and cleaning

Have fun, everyone!
    08-09-11 11:00 AM
    Posted an update on the Blogs to the Original Post:

Updated: Win a BlackBerry 7 Smartphone and more in the first ever CrackBerry GooseChase! It's a BlackBerry Photo Adventure!! | CrackBerry.com

* August 9th Update: OK GooseChasers, Day 1 is off to a pretty awesome start and we have a lot of users competing fairly for their chance to win in the CrackBerry GooseChase. We've got a couple updates here from the GooseChase team, so just wanted to get theme out for everybody to read:

* For anybody who was experiencing an uncaught exception has been fixed and all users should download the latest build at crackberry.goosecha.se.
    * A reminder that all scores on the leaderboard are subject to review. People who cheat will NOT win this event, regardless of how it looks on the leaderboard at any given time.
    * Taking pictures of a computer screen is NOT allowed unless the mission explicitly calls for it (e.g. take a photo of their YouTube video, Poem Comment, etc.). Anyone found submitting an invalid photo (e.g. a picture of Jim Balsillie from the internet for J Baller!) will have their entire account deleted along with all of their photos. And we will actually do it.
    * Note that all photos must be taken from within the GooseChase app on your BlackBerry Smartphone. For photos that require you to take a photo of your BlackBerry then, you can either: get creative with a mirror, put a friend's BlackBerry into the photo (PlayBooks count as BBs), or in an absolute worst-case scenario you could make up a cardboard representation of your BB (make it pretty!) that we'll allow to pass for your BlackBerry.
    diegonei likes this.
    08-09-11 11:36 AM
    Even with this upgrade, I am getting a "Network Failure" when trying to login....
    08-09-11 11:58 AM
    Even with this upgrade, I am getting a "Network Failure" when trying to login....
    Try logging in again a few times please. For some reason there are occasional connectivity issues that go away with a few attempts.

If this (and a battery pull) doesn't work, please drop me a line at andrew[at]goosecha.se and I'll do my best to help you out.
    08-09-11 12:21 PM
    I can't do it due to my camera sucks not sure wish this contest were extended but oh well good luck to everyone

08-09-11 03:18 PM
    Hahha we're having wayyy too much fun with this at work... Good luck everyone!!!! (Tishnicden)

diegonei likes this.
    08-09-11 04:51 PM
    I can't do it due to my camera sucks not sure wish this contest were extended but oh well good luck to everyone
    All pictures should be taken with the fine 5.0 megapixels camera of your Torch, using the goose chase app. So... Hop in!
    08-09-11 07:07 PM
    Soooo when can I get goosechase on my pLaybook?
    08-09-11 10:10 PM
    If I didn't have to work tonight I could have gotten up to second place, maybe 1st. I will win, I didn't shave a bb logo onto my head for nothing! Good luck to the rest of you, you will need it.

08-09-11 10:29 PM
    Hahahha I shld get extra for shavin it in my head

08-09-11 10:31 PM
    Hahahha I shld get extra for shavin it in my head

Lol and why should you get more points than me?

08-09-11 11:13 PM
    Lol and why should you get more points than me?
    Because she's a girl. I'd give 5000 points for that!
    08-10-11 09:47 AM
    After I downloaded the app it asks for the chase ID and password, I didn't see one in the promotion pieces...I may have just missed it, can someone help?
    08-10-11 11:02 AM
    After I downloaded the app it asks for the chase ID and password, I didn't see one in the promotion pieces...I may have just missed it, can someone help?
    Hi,

It sounds like you've downloaded the main GooseChase app instead of the custom CrackBerry app. To download the right version, go to crackberry.goosecha.se and you will be able to register on there.

Good luck!

Andrew
    08-10-11 11:51 AM
    Because she's a girl. I'd give 5000 points for that!
    Hahahah for 5000 I might do it... Needs more girl friendly missions for the high points...

08-10-11 03:21 PM
    I looked through the submissions today and you guys are doing awesome!! Keep it up!
    diegonei likes this.
    08-10-11 03:23 PM
    No app for OS7. Or QNX devices makes deRusett sad

08-10-11 04:15 PM
    For some reason the pictures i take fromthe app come out REALLY BAD i have to get a lamp super close to the "scene" to get something semi clear. But if i take with my blkbry the regular way it comes out good.. (These were taken with my Digital Cam (for my blog.) thought it would be nice to share with everyone.

*since the pics look so dark through the app.

Retired curves getting married

Blackberry bold 9650 dinner time
    Michelle Haag and Magickal like this.
    08-10-11 05:09 PM
    Hahahah for 5000 I might do it... Needs more girl friendly missions for the high points..
    What are you waiting for guys? Add that one! Girls only!

@BBM.Duchess, how did you do that? I got some pictures there I would like to save after it's all over.
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-10-11 at 05:52 PM.
    08-10-11 05:50 PM
    They were taken with a digital camera she said.

Has anyone gotten any of the youtube ones?
    08-11-11 12:02 AM
170 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD