The First Ever CrackBerry GooseChase is now on!!

It's a BlackBerry Photo Adventure. Take part and you could win a BlackBerry 7 Smartphone and more. See the blog post for full details....

If you're participating in the contest, you can use this thread to keep in touch with each other. Let everybody know your username on the app for the contest, smack talk a bit, etc.

We're going to pick some random winners off this thread too, so be vocal here about your participation in the CrackBerry GooseChase and you could win stuff!
    curve1967 likes this.
    08-08-11 05:07 AM
    Good luck everyone!!

My pre paid bb sim doesn't allow for this app to work. It works on wifi but that won't really help me much...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 06:06 AM
    This is pretty cool!

I'm having one issue though, in order to snap a pic of your blackberry, you really need to use another blackberry. Since you have to take the pic from within the app, you basically have to take pics of other peoples' BBs for all the missions. Make sense?
    Yeah, unfortunately it does mean you either need to have family or friends with BlackBerrys or be an addict who doesnt sale old models you have owned. It does present a disadvantage for newer converts whose friends use iPhones or Droids...

Some of the challenges also present a geographical disadvantage. i think it be sweet to get a pic with the CEOs showing CrackBerry on their phone, realistically speaking youll need to go to Waterloo to make that happen...10:1 says the person who does this wins automatically based on the point difference.

Even some smaller challenges like the mall shot...hard if you dont live near a mall (there are people who do live in rural parts of the US)

Overall though you can never make a challenge like this 100 percent fair for everyone so you do what you can to try and make an even playing field as much as possible. i do wish you could upload photos from your computer though....

EDIT: Do not know how this post jumped to the near top....I posted this around 11:08AM, go figure...
    Last edited by soccernamlak; 08-08-11 at 04:30 PM.
    rjkolo likes this.
    08-08-11 06:08 AM
    This is gonna be cool!!!
    08-08-11 09:16 AM
    Winning a new device would be wonderful. Thanks Kevin.

08-08-11 09:17 AM
    Unreal! Looking forward to trying this out. Will try to make some time for it
    08-08-11 09:17 AM
    This should be stickied. Just sayin'. Maybe a permalink on the front page? One that's not in the blog post, I mean.
    08-08-11 09:42 AM
    This is pretty cool!

I'm having one issue though, in order to snap a pic of your blackberry, you really need to use another blackberry. Since you have to take the pic from within the app, you basically have to take pics of other peoples' BBs for all the missions. Make sense?
    rrrebo likes this.
    08-08-11 09:48 AM
    Yeah, it seems kinda hard to get some of these shots unless you carry around another phone or camera.
    08-08-11 10:02 AM
    Yeah, it seems kinda hard to get some of these shots unless you carry around another phone or camera.
    Hey Kevin, can photo's of the PB be used in place of a BB phone?

Alternatively is there a PB app that could be sideloaded?

S
    Last edited by stevejb; 08-08-11 at 10:40 AM. Reason: alternatively is there a PB app that could be sideloaded?
    08-08-11 10:25 AM
    This looks fun. I think I'll join, but likely won't be going out of my way to get those odd pics. More interested in seeing what the Missions will be than anything.
    08-08-11 10:28 AM
    Unless its a mistake, someone already has 59400 points! How accurate is the leader board?

Ah well... I do a couple for fun anyway. I used my same Crackberry username.

EDIT: NM, just reread the blog post.
    Last edited by cyberstorm; 08-08-11 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Failed to read. :P
    08-08-11 10:38 AM
    hmm... the site's not letting me register. "network failure"
    08-08-11 10:41 AM
    Great contest! Thanks Crackberry! Getting the app now! Chase on!

08-08-11 10:44 AM
    Damn..! getting an 'Uncaught exception' on the app...

Reloaded, rebooted, no joy......bugger....
    08-08-11 11:08 AM
    How do you register, there is no way from the app on my storm?? (or am I missing something :S)
    08-08-11 11:29 AM
    Damn..! getting an 'Uncaught exception' on the app...

Reloaded, rebooted, no joy......bugger....
    Yeah, same. Every time I upload a photo it keeps giving me this

Username is redefined as well. Looking forward to the challenge. I'd love me a 9900 (no cash!)
    08-08-11 11:33 AM
    I don't really care about the points, but I am doing the iNvasion one for sure. This is where you go to an iStore and load up as many CrackBerry web pages as you can. I think this is just hilarious !!!

08-08-11 11:40 AM
    Where is the love for some of us with the curve 3gs
    08-08-11 11:55 AM
    gonna have to borrow back my 8310 from my friend and walk around with it lol
    08-08-11 12:18 PM
    The bugs in the App are killing the fun.... It seems either their servers can't handle the load, or the app is buggy as anything. I was able to get 3 pics up and now can't, after 2 battery pulls and about 20 tries, nothing. Uncaught exception, application is not responding.
    08-08-11 12:29 PM
    First pic I tried to capture hard-locked my device on the camera, failed to capture the pic, and made me do a battery pull.
    08-08-11 12:40 PM
    Some picture will need my blackberry in it. i assume i can use another camera to take picture and transfer to blackberry to upload is that correct?
    08-08-11 02:15 PM
    We are aware of the uncaught exception issue and are working on it as quickly as we can!

My apologies for this issue and thanks for your patience as we fix it!

Andrew
    Last edited by GooseChaseAndrew; 08-08-11 at 02:26 PM.
    08-08-11 02:22 PM
    Is this limited to residents of the USA only?
    08-08-11 02:28 PM
170 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD