Idk if this rumor of if it's true.

I am a boost customer and i have the 8350i that works on boost. And i have seen people make the 8330 work on boost cdma already.. So i dont know why they would announce this. When someone can just easily get a 8350i and make it work on boost iden or get an 8330 and make it work on boost cdma and loose out on pic messaging.

Boost has had their cdma side for 2 years now, and a year ago they stop advertising it becuase it was taking away from sprint's costumers. So doing this now would destroy sprint.

Unlsess sprint plans to move their regular costumers up to 4g service??, and leave the boost cdma side on the 3g??.. dont know its not even advertised on the boost site yet..

Eithercase if they do this, both companies will loose out. Sprint will loose out becuase the current costumers will switch to boost. And boost will loose out becuase the people will just buy a 8330 hack it themselves and make it work on the $50 unlm plan without mms feature (which some people have overcome), like they have been doing for months. And lastly this will destroy the boost iden side, why get a iden phone when you can just get a cdma phone..

A better business transaction would be if boost added the 8350i to their lineup and just as a $20 extra for blackberry messenger, email, and other BIS features. And the current and future boostberry users like myself can just buy into that.. they will make tons of money for people who dont want plans, sprint stays safe, and everyone is happy.. Only person i would see getting hurt from this is Nextel, but thats a whole different problem....

If this is true it would be a great idea fore people who dont want contracts but want a bb.. but i dont know what sprint is going to do to compensate, also what boost is going to do about their iden side.. I guess we will see in the coming weeks.

sorry for the long read i just kept typing...
    01-05-10 12:32 PM
    also i would like the add if this is true, i am definetly buying a tour2 and putting on boost cdma!!!!!
    01-05-10 12:34 PM
    yes, there are people who have 8330, 9630 etc on boost cdma, but this is through a loophole/backdoor. boost officially does not allow sprint phones on their boost cdma network. there has been speculation that once they have an official boost cdma bb, this loophole will be closed, so don't get your hopes up about getting a tour 2 on boost.
    01-06-10 02:20 AM
    do you think boost would ever upgrade to a bb tour on there service or atleast a 8530 since they offer the 8330 now
    01-20-10 02:03 AM
    yes, there are people who have 8330, 9630 etc on boost cdma, but this is through a loophole/backdoor. boost officially does not allow sprint phones on their boost cdma network. there has been speculation that once they have an official boost cdma bb, this loophole will be closed, so don't get your hopes up about getting a tour 2 on boost.
    Boost is Sprint, so it is the same network. The main issue came from the fact that Boost isn't 3G as far as I can tell, due to it's primarily iDen structure. I don't think the CDMA end will have 3g either.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 01-21-10 at 07:30 AM.
    01-21-10 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD