What's this superhero workout you speak of?

I did Insanity in the past. Thinking of starting that back up after the holiday. Right now I'm just using workouts from gymtechnik's library.

Woke up this morning feeling really sore but good

Will do another tonight!!!!

What is every ones work out schedule?

Mine is the following

Super Hero workout. Which is an intense full body work out!! Should work really well!!!

Fridays - Super Hero Arms/Back
    Sundays - Super Hero Legs/Chest
    Wednesdays - Elliptical / Cross Trainer and Super Hero Shoulders/Traps

Got it all Scheduled for the next 60-80 days.
    07-02-10 11:06 AM
    I'm going to get in on this too!

I'm 24, 5'10 and 208lbs as of July 1/2010.

Currently a semi-active guy (baseball, golf, hockey), but since I couldn't gain weight throughout high school, I seemed to have no problem finding it after College. I'm a married, father of an 11 month old and I'm wanting to make myself a healthier role model for my son.

Here's the KICKER (no pun intended)!
    I have a "severe high ankle sprain" that occurred almost 3wks ago. Estimated healing time is 6-8wks. I'm in an air cast until at LEAST Wed. July 7th @ which point (IF I'm lucky) I can start physio. after I begged the Dr. to get me back in shape ASAP. I play competitive softball and we have a slew of Provincial Tournaments coming up...so no time to waste!

I've got high objectives of playing, let alone just WALKING without pain within the next 2-3 weeks. But hey, I wouldn't consider myself an athlete if I didn't try.

Glad to see everybody in here, let's do this and drop some lbs!
    07-02-10 11:11 AM
    I woke up sore today as well. There are few things better then knowing you really got a good workout in the day before, and have to walk sideways up stairs.

My routine for right now consists on running/cycling 4 days a week, and doing high rep low weight workouts for these first 30+ days. I am also trying to watch what I eat. I am really interested in shedding the pounds at first, and not bulking up until the fat is gone. Once I am down from 210 to around 170 or so, then its time to build the bulk muscle back up until I'm around 185.

Got a scale last night. Weighed in a 209.7. Had about 50 lbs of body fat on me, which equal about 24% body fat. I also have a high BMI. It seems that marriage really packs on the pounds .
    07-02-10 11:11 AM

What is every ones work out schedule?

I go to the gym at 5 am and do an hour of cardio and stretching. Then at 5:30 pm I go back to the gym and do 30 minutes of cardio and then an hour of weights and strenght training. I do 20 minutes in the sauna after each one. It's a good thing I drink a ton of water in a day. Lol.
    07-02-10 11:33 AM
    What's this superhero workout you speak of?

I did Insanity in the past. Thinking of starting that back up after the holiday. Right now I'm just using workouts from gymtechnik's library.

Gym Technik - Articles - Superhero Body Routine
    07-02-10 11:35 AM
    Hey All,

Just wanted to say how super excited I am about the participation level here. I would have been happy if two people decided to take part, and it looks like we'll have quite a few. Totally awesome.

I've got a barcode setup for a BBM fitness group. Heading to bed now, but tomorrow I'll send a PM to everybody on the thread participating with a url to the barcode so you can scan it off your screen (assuming you want to join it).

Day 1 went not bad. Canada day here so had a heavier dinner than I would have liked and a couple of drinks. But I hit the gym at 6:30am so will work it off (and then some) asap!

Any chance I can get this barcode? Would love to join.

THX!
    07-02-10 11:44 AM
    I started a little Twitter List for all the people on here that listed their @Twitter names.

Hope to chat it up with you guys soon!

Keep working hard!

@jay_man33
    Last edited by jay_man33; 07-02-10 at 12:20 PM. Reason: update twitter
    07-02-10 12:18 PM
    Hey Kevin,

Great incentive and will really get me back to working out regularly.

Up until know the only exercise I got was one hour twice a week attending my TKD classes. But this will get my up a lot more. And I think I'll drag everyone else with me too.
    07-02-10 12:38 PM
    What is up that if you type anything more than the has tag if doesn't display all your message on Twitter when you end a workout? I have tried typing the hash tag first and after my comment and neither will display my message and they are well under 140 characters.

I am guessing this one workout not showing the hash tag will prevent me from winning the most workouts contest as I am sure someone will blow me out of the water anyway.
    07-02-10 01:04 PM
    I started a little Twitter List for all the people on here that listed their @Twitter names.

Keep working hard!

@jay_man33
    Mine is @MissJennell84
    07-02-10 01:19 PM
    Mine is @MissJennell84
    Thanks!

I'm up to date with the twitter names ppl have posted. Check out my list and msg me if ur not on it!

Keep working hard guys!
    07-02-10 02:06 PM
    lee_stk here.
    07-02-10 02:09 PM
    What is up that if you type anything more than the has tag if doesn't display all your message on Twitter when you end a workout? I have tried typing the hash tag first and after my comment and neither will display my message and they are well under 140 characters.

I am guessing this one workout not showing the hash tag will prevent me from winning the most workouts contest as I am sure someone will blow me out of the water anyway.
    This is being addressed from Kevin and the Developer already....
    07-02-10 02:11 PM
    This is being addressed from Kevin and the Developer already....
    I hope they get it fixed soon. I am 3 workouts behind on twitter already.
    07-02-10 02:34 PM

Keep working hard!

@jay_man33
    mine is cis4smack
    07-02-10 02:59 PM
    add me to the twitter list..

craig_curtis
    07-02-10 03:00 PM
    Haven't sent anybody the BBM group yet. Been swamped today. Will send out tonight or this weekend at some point.

I DID get my withings scale hooked up today finally. withings.com. Pretty sweet. it's a wifi scale. so it shoots all the data (time of day you stepped on it, weight, calculates bodyfat, etc.) back to the website... and it hooks into gymtechnik too. will get a review up next week.

talk soon! hope everybody's first 48 hours are off to an ok start!
    07-02-10 04:44 PM
    Nevermind! I found it seconds later

I'm not good with forums. Could someone please point me to where the list is?

Thanks!

I'm up to date with the twitter names ppl have posted. Check out my list and msg me if ur not on it!

Keep working hard guys!
    Last edited by tilamarei; 07-02-10 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Found it
    07-02-10 05:24 PM
    I'm in. I'll get pics and logging workouts on Saturday.

I already go to the gym, play indoor soccer, and train for the Highland Games. I guess it's time to get into some contest dieting.

Twitter is @Morganrawks
    07-02-10 05:35 PM
    Workout #2 is complete.

Kevin I am jealous of that scale! Incredible!
    07-02-10 06:12 PM
    kinda slow at using this gymtechnik thing. not really understanding how to log workouts and stuff but day 1 went well for me. I'm extremely excited about the BBM group, and if anybody else wants to start one remember to PIN me

PIN:
    07-02-10 09:23 PM
    I'll start tomorrow...it's a win/win situation for me.

twitter:@ItnStln511

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 10:31 PM
    Who-whee, am I out of shape! I walked a block on Friday night, but had to take a standing break after 3 minutes. Fortunately, the block only took me a total of 8 minutes to walk it. Yes, I am that bad right now. The custom workout I am doing, that killed. Took about 30 minutes to complete and my heart was beating a mile a minute. It consists of exercises that a past physical therapist gave me to recover from osteoarthritis in the knee and a strength building exercise my past Chiropractor gave me to help with a sore back. I did a calculation on a health site and discovered that my body fat percentage is over 53% and I got over 195 pounds of fat on the bod. So, there you have it, as to why I can't do more than 8 minutes of walking, but my goal is 45 minutes a day by contest end.
    07-03-10 01:44 AM
    i'm going to work early this week on getting a review of the gym technik app done for the site so it'll help you out! it's definitely takes a bit of getting to know time. i'd suggest using their website on the computer to try and pre-plan your workouts, etc. and then use your bb as your notebook when working out (to record everything).

kinda slow at using this gymtechnik thing. not really understanding how to log workouts and stuff but day 1 went well for me. I'm extremely excited about the BBM group, and if anybody else wants to start one remember to PIN me

PIN:
    07-03-10 09:49 AM
    i'm going to work early this week on getting a review of the gym technik app done for the site so it'll help you out! it's definitely takes a bit of getting to know time. i'd suggest using their website on the computer to try and pre-plan your workouts, etc. and then use your bb as your notebook when working out (to record everything).
    Thanks kev, i look forward to it. So i can start clocking in some real time haha
    07-03-10 11:28 AM
222 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD