I've made the switch over to Office 2010 Beta recently.

Not everyone in my organization is even up to 2007, so we always have to save files in compatibility mode (97-2003) .doc files. Only, now when I save a file and email it, my blackberry says its an unrecognized file format?

Anyone else having this issue?

Chris
    11-30-09 12:12 PM
    Are you saying, Microsoft, the creator of the Microsoft Office suite and the owner of the propriety DOC format has made a mistake? Again?

LOL.
    11-30-09 12:16 PM
    Granted, it's even less surprising that there are issues w/ a Beta application, but I was wondering if anyone else was having similar issues, or if it was some kind of combination of my installation/settings that was generating the issue.

You're a moderator here? I wasn't trying to create a 'stick it to MS' moment, I was asking a legit question about document compatibility with the BB I rely on every day to do my job. We all have our issues w/ MS, but the fact is, they are the makers of the enterprise office solution that nearly every employed human being will be forced to use, so I would think it a relevant topic of discussion here.
    11-30-09 12:37 PM
    I am a moderator, and a long time Microsoft user.

If I gave you the impression your post was problematic, my apology, I was having a laugh at Microsoft, again.

For clarity, when you email and open a DOC/XML/PPT document from the previous generation of Office, the BlackBerry Attachment Viewer was able to view your documents.

You are testing beta software, and they failed to open.

Hopefully, somebody that is also beta testing Office will drop by.
    11-30-09 12:43 PM
    No worries. And yes, that sums up the issue. Would love to know if I'm the only one having this problem since a fair amount of googling hasn't produced anything terribly relevant. Probably, I'll just have to sit back, relax, and wait for updates to the beta software.

But I agree, it's laughable that they would have broken the one feature that should guarantee some degree of safety in upgrading, the ability to save a file in ye olde Word 1997-2003 format.
    11-30-09 12:53 PM
    I was there for the Win 3.1 to Win95 upgrade... The reason we have a compatibility mode.

It was like the tower of Babel.
    11-30-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD