Hi guys.

I know it isn't exactly the greatest thing to follow stereotypes and base your ideas and thoughts on them but I would like to know what you guys think about the OEM holsters. Are they geeky, classy, trendy, for businessmen, for consumers, etc.. I just don't see too many people using them with their berries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 10:11 PM
    Use what suits your purposes and screw anyone who objects. Some people have
    nothing better to do than **** and moan and try to project their preferences on
    the rest of the world.

You know you are a real adult when you have learned to tick to your own damn tock.

Anyone other life choice / personal preference issues you need help with?
    10-29-10 10:36 PM
    Use what suits your purposes and screw anyone who objects. Some people have
    nothing better to do than **** and moan and try to project their preferences on
    the rest of the world.

You know you are a real adult when you have learned to tick to your own damn tock.

Anyone other life choice / personal preference issues you need help with?
    +1, do what a93hunt wants to do, not what others prefer.
    Last edited by joeyn123; 10-29-10 at 11:53 PM. Reason: silly grammar
    10-29-10 11:52 PM
    I don't see people use holsters anymore. But I'm not sure if it is because of fashion. It seems to be more because of the other options that are available now. I used to use the OEM holster, but I got tired of having to take the phone out of the holster all the time when I wanted to use my phone and I would always hit the left convenience accidentally when pulling it out. Plus, when the phone is out of the holster, it is unprotected. Skins and hard cases seem to be better when you are using your phone a lot and you want to sit it down on a table or something. The great thing about the OEM holster is that I would never forget my phone because it was always on my hip. I never had to worry about loose change or keys in my pocket scratching it. Now I have a have case that also comes with a holster. So its kind of the best of both worlds.

10-30-10 05:36 AM
    It really is what suits you and what you prefer. My BB is strictly for business but its also for personal use. I use the holster at work because I'm constantly on my phone and its just more convenient but not only that it looks more professional. When I'm not at work I just set it in my pocket. I feel like a nerd when I'm out with friends and what not and it makes me feel like I'm still working. So I can feel more like myself. Everyone is different and it doesn't what anyone else thinks.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-30-10 03:19 PM
    I just don't use a holster because the phone goes just fine in my pocket.
    10-30-10 03:23 PM
    In the office bldg I work in, there are a lot of BB users that also have the OEM holster. I've had one for all the models I've owned. On weekends my Bold rides in my jeans pocket, but during the work week, it rides in the holster.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-05-10 at 09:55 AM.
    10-30-10 03:23 PM
    I have tried several holsters for the different BB's I have had and the OEM was the best.

Now if I can just find one for the 9670 Style. So if anyone know where, please let me know. Thanks!

Wow been a member for 2 years and 2 posts. Searching for the OEM holster for the 9670 led me to this thread.
    Last edited by dr_torrid; 11-05-10 at 09:56 AM.
    11-05-10 09:31 AM
    sheesh- when cel phones were first starting to take off, people couldn't wait to put one on their belts to say "Look at me! I have a cel phone". Didn't matter that they were so heavy they pulled your pants down. Now people are so jaded that if you have one on your belt (which is the most convenient for me) you're geeky.
    11-05-10 09:52 AM
    I just don't use a holster because the phone goes just fine in my pocket.
    Yeah, same with me. If I had a use for the holster I would use it, but I would never worry about it being geeky.
    11-05-10 10:28 AM
    Did not use it for some time but left pocket is for wallet, right for keys and change - result: Scratched screen...I use holster now while at work and don't during weekends - I can manage it when my mind is not occupied with anything else or wear pants with more than 2 pockets
    11-05-10 10:57 AM
    I do not wear a suit. Ever. I rarely tuck my shirt in, unless I'm at work. I wear my OEM 9000 holster with my 9700/Otterbox Commuter right next to my Leatherman Wave on my belt. To work, to the store, to the pub, to a funeral, wherever. Mock me all you want, and I will still be happy to look something up for you, let you log into a website to check your fantasy league team, pay a bill, or fix/tighten/loosen/cut/slice/dice/saw/file/puncture/pierce/fold/spindle/mutilate anything within range. And I'll bet you that I will never sit on my phone.
    11-05-10 02:45 PM
    I use the oem holster with my Curve. It's just the sleeve that the phone slides into, but it also has the magnet. I love the feature of having different notifications in and out of the holster. Besides, in addition to protecting my device, I think the holster looks good.
    11-05-10 03:36 PM
    I always holster it. I think it looks ok and most importantly its very convenient.

11-05-10 09:08 PM
    My fashion awareness is non-existent. For me, function trumps fashion any day. The Otterbox Defender is riding my hip till I die or upgrade, whichever comes first.
    11-05-10 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD