http://nyti.ms/1DxfjS7 You can't buy advertising like this!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 06:36 AM
    Agree.

Thank you for sharing.
    04-26-15 07:18 AM
    BlackBerry still makes phones?

Is what the average person thinks. I wonder if the news will say anything about this, if it does, someone should post videos here.
    04-26-15 07:20 AM
    BlackBerry still makes phones?

Is what the average person thinks. I wonder if the news will say anything about this, if it does, someone should post videos here.
    Well, the news is saying something about this. It's the front page of the NYT. I think the message came through loud and clear.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 07:26 AM
    Good news... For Enterprise customers and legacy device users. ;-)

Posted via C5303
    04-26-15 07:29 AM
    All it will take a ONE major US company or government department to say :

" We chose to use Blackberry because of it's high security"

And the phones will start selling once again.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    04-26-15 07:52 AM
    How does this relate to the consumer market? With BIS no more is the consumer BB anywhere as secure as the President's BlackBerry?

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    04-26-15 07:58 AM
    How does this relate to the consumer market? With BIS no more is the consumer BB anywhere as secure as the President's BlackBerry?

Nope, it's not. BB10 for consumers is more private than your average Android or iPhone, but not any more un-hackable. Until BlackBerry becomes the corporate-level norm again, I don't believe you'll see consumer devices with communications encryption again.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:14 AM

BIS security was a farce. It was secure from the phone to the BUS, but no more secure from the BIS to the email server than BB10 is. Plus BIS uses a shared key from all reports. Your BBM on BB10 is just as secure as it was on BIS and BBOS, and so is the email unless you were going from blackberry.net to blackberry.net email.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-26-15 08:46 AM
    I saw the article on my RSS feed this morning - I think it was a BBC article - and found it interesting that the picture for the article showed Mr. Obama with an iPad. The really interesting part though is when I just went back to look for it - there is no such picture there. The only pics I see now are of the fence outside the White House and a pic in the article of Mr. Obama and his BlackBerry.

I know I didn't imagine it because my daughter was right beside me and wanted to know who the man with the iPad was.

Now - maybe they removed it because it had no relevance to the article. Maybe it was put in by mistake from another article. But I've never noticed them being that conscious when they were using old BBOS phone pics while talking about BB10 - or any other time they've thrown a BlackBerry picture into an article that it had nothing to do with.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:53 AM
    Blackberry please take this and spread it! Best non-paid adv in the world!
    04-26-15 08:59 AM
    Nope, it's not. BB10 for consumers is more private than your average Android or iPhone, but not any more un-hackable. Until BlackBerry becomes the corporate-level norm again, I don't believe you'll see consumer devices with communications encryption again.

Posted via CB10
    No, not really. The phone (i.e. hardware) itself is unhackable at least from what we know in the popular press. This prevents unwarranted attacks and control of this device. However, if you want secure mobile communications, you also need to control your network of contacts, the lines per se and the servers. That is where BES12 comes in.
    04-26-15 09:52 AM
    Come one big and small companies. Help blackberry get back on the map.
    04-26-15 10:39 AM
    BIS security was a farce. It was secure from the phone to the BUS, but no more secure from the BIS to the email server than BB10 is. Plus BIS uses a shared key from all reports. Your BBM on BB10 is just as secure as it was on BIS and BBOS, and so is the email unless you were going from blackberry.net to blackberry.net email.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Preach on. Unfortunately to many fans, BlackBerry = automatic security and privacy. I wish the world were that simple.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-26-15 12:13 PM
    Keep in mind that Obama has a custom made BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 03:14 PM
    Keep in mind that Obama has a custom made BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    True, but he chose blackberry in the first place because it is more secure than the competition.
    04-26-15 03:34 PM
    In my view, the article does very little to advance the Blackberry brand. It seems to focus more on the Russian and Chinese hacking attempts than the technology deployed to prevent the penetration. I did enjoy the revelation that several White House staffers use two computers, one secure and one unsecured which illustrates that security solutions don't always have to be hugely complex, just a liberal use of common sense.
    04-26-15 03:52 PM
    I love how the title of the thread determines whether it gets locked or not....
    04-28-15 06:49 AM
    All it will take a ONE major US company or government department to say :

" We chose to use Blackberry because of it's high security"

And the phones will start selling once again.
    That's it, that's all, eh?

John Chen might as well resign right now.
    05-15-15 10:33 PM
    Will America survive him,and his bitter half?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 11:57 PM