So... We know that Obama was an avid Blackberry user when he came to the White House.

So avid in fact, that he protested when the Blackberry was banned from the White House because it wasn't secure enough for presidential communications, and didn't relent until a compromise was reached, where the NSA modified his Blackberry and made a special NSA-proofed Blackberry secure enough for official business.

But apparently the iPhone is now popular with at least his cabinet, if not Obama himself. In the last couple of weeks they've made several references to the iOS 7 upgrade, according to this article:

President Barack Obama on Tuesday compared the buggy rollout of the new Healthcare.gov website to Apple's iOS 7 release issues, echoing earlier sentiments from HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.

In the rose garden of the White House, President Obama referenced Apple's troubles with iOS 7 in relation to Healthcare.gov's early glitches while remarking on the government shutdown.

"Consider that just a couple of weeks ago, Apple rolled out a new mobile operating system, and within days, they found a glitch, so they fixed it," said the president.

"I don't remember anybody suggesting Apple should stop selling iPhones or iPads or threatening to shut down the company if they didn't," Obama continued. "That's not how we do things in America. We don't actively root for failure."

Obama's remarks mirrored those of Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius earlier Tuesday, when the former Kansas governor described her own experiences with Apple's new mobile operating system.

"I clearly have an iPad, and I also have an iPhone, and about ten days ago got the prompt that the operating system had changed and did I want to upgrade to the new operating system, and so I did, on both my iPad and my iPhone," she said, then continued "And then about five days after that, I got the second prompt saying, �Well, there�s a little problem with the iOS 7 system and now we have a �new� new upgrade and why don�t you re-upgrade your upgrade.'"

"Apple, you know, has a few more resources than we have to roll out technology, and a few more people who�ve been working on the system for a while, and no-one is calling on Apple to not sell devices for a year or to, you know, get out of the business because the whole thing is a failure," noted the secretary.

Tuesday's mention was not the first for Apple in a presidential address. In February's State of the Union, President Obama singled out the iPhone maker's plans to bring some of its manufacturing back to U.S. soil.
    desimerollin likes this.
    10-02-13 02:23 AM
    He or people around him probably do use iPhones, and I know he uses an iPad, because I've seen pictures of him on it.

But even if he didn't use their products, this is his biggest piece of legislation, so his messaging has to be clear and it has to resonate with the American people. He has to make it as simple as possible for people to understand.

So to break it down for Americans, he related the glitches on the Healthcare.gov website to something many, if not most Americans are familiar with: iOS7.
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-02-13 02:41 AM
    I think it more has to do with the American media shoving apple news down everyone's throat so much there that it is pretty much the culture there. Actually it sounds more like a "companies like apple failed and they didn't quit, why should the American government? "

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 02:46 AM
    I just think its interesting how iconic Apple has become. More iconic than even Windows perhaps, though that might have something to do with the fact that people mostly associate Windows with work and annoyances.

You'd never hear them use the latest Touchwiz update as a point of reference.
    10-02-13 03:06 AM
    Even if this is true, it's OK to try other smartphones and it's OK to carry more than one smartphone, if that's what the individual wants to do......it is NOT the end of mankind as we know it because a person doesn't use a BlackBerry device. Some of the Crackberry members get so bent out of shape if people choose not to use a BlackBerry smartphone.....it's not that serious. I happen to love my White Z10 and PlayBook, and I could care less what other people use.
    10-02-13 03:18 AM
    I just think its interesting how iconic Apple has become. More iconic than even Windows perhaps, though that might have something to do with the fact that people mostly associate Windows with work and annoyances.

You'd never hear them use the latest Touchwiz update as a point of reference.
    And that's the main reason I don't like Apple or its products: the iconic, cultural image they've created for themselves. I always root for the little guy (even Windows, because even though it's a giant number-wise, otherwise it's always put down compared to Apple).

If BlackBerry were to become the dominant smart-phone in the market? I'd still root for them.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    10-02-13 03:27 AM
    I guess you don't remember when BlackBerry was in the same "iconic" position approximately seven(7) years ago?.......hummm
    pri79269 likes this.
    10-02-13 03:37 AM
    About 6 or 7 months ago there was a thing on the news about Obama calling someone. He borrowed an iPhone, & then had to get them to help. So we know that at least 6 or 7 months ago he didn't have an iPhone.

I doubt he has one because despite Apple best efforts their phones have yet to get Gov security certification.
    10-02-13 04:59 AM
    Obama and his cabinet iPhone users?-bvbmwttceaivaco.jpg

So, yeah... lol

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 05:25 AM
    Cabinet level people have been clamoring for iOS devices, especially iPadfor a while and when they want stuff, ways are found to make it happen. But don't worry the tablet market is dying and mobile computing will win them back .

Posted via CB10
    CrackedBarry likes this.
    10-02-13 06:22 AM
    Cabinet level people have been clamoring for iOS devices, especially iPadfor a while and when they want stuff, ways are found to make it happen. But don't worry the tablet market is dying and mobile computing will win them back .

Posted via CB10
    The tablet market is dying? Thor, is that you? In a report on NPR this morning, I heard that the LA school district is looking to put an iPad in the hands of each of its 650,000 students. Some dying market. (OK, I know you were being sarcastic.) My problem is the perception that tablet = iPad and only iPad.
    10-02-13 06:31 AM
    So... We know that Obama was an avid Blackberry user when he came to the White House.

So avid in fact, that he protested when the Blackberry was banned from the White House because it wasn't secure enough for presidential communications, and didn't relent until a compromise was reached, where the NSA modified his Blackberry and made a special NSA-proofed Blackberry secure enough for official business.

But apparently the iPhone is now popular with at least his cabinet, if not Obama himself. In the last couple of weeks they've made several references to the iOS 7 upgrade, according to this article:

President Barack Obama on Tuesday compared the buggy rollout of the new Healthcare.gov website to Apple's iOS 7 release issues, echoing earlier sentiments from HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.

In the rose garden of the White House, President Obama referenced Apple's troubles with iOS 7 in relation to Healthcare.gov's early glitches while remarking on the government shutdown.

"Consider that just a couple of weeks ago, Apple rolled out a new mobile operating system, and within days, they found a glitch, so they fixed it," said the president.

"I don't remember anybody suggesting Apple should stop selling iPhones or iPads or threatening to shut down the company if they didn't," Obama continued. "That's not how we do things in America. We don't actively root for failure."

Obama's remarks mirrored those of Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius earlier Tuesday, when the former Kansas governor described her own experiences with Apple's new mobile operating system.

"I clearly have an iPad, and I also have an iPhone, and about ten days ago got the prompt that the operating system had changed and did I want to upgrade to the new operating system, and so I did, on both my iPad and my iPhone," she said, then continued "And then about five days after that, I got the second prompt saying, ‘Well, there’s a little problem with the iOS 7 system and now we have a ‘new’ new upgrade and why don’t you re-upgrade your upgrade.'"

"Apple, you know, has a few more resources than we have to roll out technology, and a few more people who’ve been working on the system for a while, and no-one is calling on Apple to not sell devices for a year or to, you know, get out of the business because the whole thing is a failure," noted the secretary.

Tuesday's mention was not the first for Apple in a presidential address. In February's State of the Union, President Obama singled out the iPhone maker's plans to bring some of its manufacturing back to U.S. soil.

it doesn't matter... He talks alot!!!!... he doesn't need phones...
    10-02-13 06:35 AM
    I guess you don't remember when BlackBerry was in the same "iconic" position approximately seven(7) years ago?.......hummm
    About seven years ago I was eleven years old. Of course I don't remember. I don't remember much about BlackBerrys before two years ago. They were always just part of the landscape.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    10-02-13 06:59 AM
    I know his girls have iPhones but I think he was just trying to explain it a way people would understand. Millions of people trying to access something tends to cause some glitches. Most people understood that because a ton of people use or follow Apple.

I
    10-02-13 07:07 AM
    He or people around him probably do use iPhones, and I know he uses an iPad, because I've seen pictures of him on it.

But even if he didn't use their products, this is his biggest piece of legislation, so his messaging has to be clear and it has to resonate with the American people. He has to make it as simple as possible for people to understand.

So to break it down for Americans, he related the glitches on the Healthcare.gov website to something many, if not most Americans are familiar with: iOS7.
    His iPad was a gift from Jobs I believe. I have seen his daughter using the iPhone during the inauguration.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    10-02-13 07:07 AM
    About seven years ago I was eleven years old. Of course I don't remember. I don't remember much about BlackBerrys before two years ago. They were always just part of the landscape.

When my husband and I bought our Mac Power book G4 many years ago, our friends thought we were crazy. There was not much support for the IOS, and BlackBerry was king. Now the table has turned. And I am hoping it will turn again, in BlackBerry 's favor. At least as a viable smartphone maker.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-02-13 07:10 AM