Hi All, found ZDNet's article "Presidential gadgets: What technology does Obama use? (http://www.zdnet.com/presidential-gadgets-what-technology-does-obama-use_p7-7000008511/#photo)". There's of course his several Blackberries and assorted others.

Made me wonder, what do other heads of state use?. I'm aware of Cameron's BB which never seems to part from his side (The UK's Prime Minister loves his BlackBerry so much he doesn't switch to silent mode for meetings! | CrackBerry.com).

How about others? What gadgets do they fancy?
    12-10-12 05:57 AM
    they forgot to mention his ipad also.
    12-10-12 06:11 AM
    It's there as well. A special, locked-down iPad 3. Check the photos.
    12-10-12 06:26 AM
    DC is the Prime Minister not the head of State - that would be the Queen anyway yes he uses a Blackberry I believe most politicians in the UK do.
    12-10-12 12:34 PM
    DC is the Prime Minister not the head of State - that would be the Queen anyway yes he uses a Blackberry I believe most politicians in the UK do.
    I don't imagine the Queen has any gadgets so I don't think that would be a very interesting convo

DC also has an iPad btw.
    Last edited by gtpointer; 12-10-12 at 02:49 PM.
    12-10-12 12:51 PM
    Well, he's not the head of state (yet), but Imran Khan, a Pakistani cricketer/philanthropist turned politician absolutely adores his BB. I was watching a recent interview and the host asked him "SMS or MMS, which do you prefer?" and he replied "BBM".

If you follow foreign politics, or are from across the pond you've probably heard the name Imran Khan, but for our north american friends let me give you a brief list of his accomplishments.

He's an oxford educated cricketer, former captain of the Pakistan cricket team who brought home the world cup....this was after coming out of retirement for the sole purpose of playing in the world cup (i'll get to the why in a bit)

He built the only free cancer hospital in Pakistan. Ya, i said free. This was a project he embarked on after his mother died of cancer and he realized how hard it was for even an extremely well off individual to cope with the financial burden. The Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital is world class and treats its patients for free. Additionally, the entire reason he came out of retirement to play (and win) the world cup was to garner public support for his hospital.

He's built the only free university in rural Pakistan, another world class establishment that awards diploma's from Englands Bradford College. This university is the only one of its kind in the country, and give poor kids in the rural parts of Pakistan a chance at higher education. All for free.

He's currently campaigning for office, and his party Pakistan Thereek-e-Insaaf (movement for justice) is seen by both Pakistani's and independent journalists as the only non-corrupt political party in a country (a country ranked 143 in overall global corruption). He's a populist leader who is said to have 80% of the youth vote, in a country where more then 60% of the population is under 35.

He will be featured on the cover of Time, coming out on Dec 17.
    Obama gadgets - Blackberries of course... how about other heads of state?-63089_473804822661943_278031275_n.jpg

Needless to say, he is definitely one of the "people that do".
    12-10-12 01:06 PM
    I don't imagine the Queen has any gadgets so I don't think that would be a very interesting convo :P

DC also has an iPad btw.[/QUOTE]

Actually she has an ipod. It was Obama's (embarrassing) gift to her on his first UK visit.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    12-10-12 01:11 PM
    I don't imagine the Queen has any gadgets so I don't think that would be a very interesting convo :P

DC also has an iPad btw.
    Actually she has an ipod. It was Obama's (embarrassing) gift to her on his first UK visit.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Didn't she get a custom BB during a tour?

Yep.

http://m.crackberry.com/queen-elizab...erry-bold-9700

Flowed from mah heart using SwiftKey Flow Beta from the Galaxy S3, jellybean style
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    12-10-12 01:17 PM
    I stand corrected. I'll adjust my statement, I don't think the Queen USES any gadgets
    sinfocomar likes this.
    12-10-12 02:49 PM