O2 Uk have now apparently included o2 wap as part of the 200mb data package (�10 Blackberry Internet Service) Mobile web charges will be extra though.

So if you want to go for opera mina make sure it is set up to use wap and not mobile web.

Check out o2 uk's Blackberry pricing web page.
    01-30-08 03:24 PM
    Hazysky, when you say set up to use wap do you mean in APN settings, in miniopera settings or both? And if possible couls you post the new apn settings etc? I'm with 02 bis unlinited data plan but going through carphone warhouse. Since using miniopera I've been charged extra. Currently my apn is set to mobileweb settings. Ide appreciate any help. Many thx, tony.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-08 09:20 PM
    APN settings are

APN - wap.o2.co.uk
    USERNAME - o2wap
    PASSWORD - password

So far I have not been able to get opera running on my pearl so I am unsure if you have to put the settings in twice but I would imagine so.

Please also check out o2's website for yourself as I do not want to be responsible for anyone getting extra charges. Go to their my blackberry page.

01-31-08 10:19 AM
    Hi Hazysky. With those settings it just says Connecting... And nothing happens. Don't worry thoguh, I will have a search about. All the best, tony.

01-31-08 02:34 PM
    That is more than mine does, mine says "unable to connect to the internet please contact your provider for connection settings"!
    I don't mind the Blackberry Browser that much so I think I will stick with that and there is always the possibility of firefox or skyfire in the future.
    01-31-08 03:30 PM
    I was also just thinking that with new os updates the bb browser may get even better. On the otherhand I do like the swiftness of operamini, it really does seem fast when compared to bbb. Still if the settings r not working for us then the discussion is thearetical, we will stick with bbb. God Bless you HazySky, tony.

01-31-08 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD