pls advise me which BB should I buy that has strong battery life and preloaded with OS 7. i am not a lover of touchscreen. i want something better than my Bold 9700. pls help

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    07-15-12 06:36 AM
    The 9930/9900 has decent battery, but it has a touch screen. I did not care for it, so I tried the 9370 curve. The battery wouldn't make it past 2pm for me, though I did like the screen and browser for os7.

I wound up going back to my 9650 with extended battery. I wish there was a good battery for the curve or RIM would give you an option to disable the touchscreen on the 9930.
    07-15-12 08:11 AM
    Bold 9900 or 9930 are awesome in my opinion! The battery life (for me is amazing 4-9% drain per hour and I use it non stop- browsing/emails/texting). It comes with 7.0 pre-loaded, and depending on what carrier you use they might have a 7.1 update (Rogers does for me).

great phone!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-15-12 08:19 AM
    All of the non-touch BlackBerrys suggested here are very good models and you can't
    go wrong with any of them really.

On the issue of battery life, this is one of the issues brought up most and although
    folks are quick to state "this one lasts this long" or "this one sucks" they almost always
    ignore the fact that battery life is use dependent.

A person who leaves WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS on, uses the phone (calls) a lot,
    streams video, etc... will have substantially less battery life than someone who
    does none of those things.

Try not to get caught up in battery life as the end all and be all of a devices worth /
    usefulness. It is almost a guarantee that your experience will be very different from
    many others.
    07-15-12 08:26 AM
    I have the Bold 9930 with OS 7.1 from Verizon. I bought it for the bigger and sharper screen than my bold 9650 had. I am also not a touch screen person....but after playing around with a 9930 in a Verizon store.....I fell in love! It's a great combination on the phone......touch screen and the trackpad!! You can always use the trackpad to navigate with. The keyboard is simply.......AMAZING!!!!!! As for battery life.....I have no complaints.....for it all depends on the user and how he/she uses the phone. I simply LOVE my 9930!!
    07-15-12 08:56 AM
    pls advise me which BB should I buy that has strong battery life and preloaded with OS 7. i am not a lover of touchscreen. i want something better than my Bold 9700. pls help

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    You're not going to find anything non-touch that's much better than your 9700. The Bold 9700 was RIMs last great device IMO.
    07-15-12 08:59 AM
    9780 is also a good one. But i would take the 9900 anytime.
    07-15-12 09:01 AM
    In my opinion, stay with the Bold family of phones (a 9900 will have a touch screen BUT still retains the trackpad and physical keyboard, so you technically don't need to use the touchscreen) Bold is the "premier" line of BB's [at the moment]- battery life will not be like your 9700, however. It's a shame the 9780 isn't OS-7 ready, because its got great battery life, and is an upgrade from the 9700
    07-15-12 09:48 AM
    All of the non-touch BlackBerrys suggested here are very good models and you can't
    go wrong with any of them really.

On the issue of battery life, this is one of the issues brought up most and although
    folks are quick to state "this one lasts this long" or "this one sucks" they almost always
    ignore the fact that battery life is use dependent.

A person who leaves WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS on, uses the phone (calls) a lot,
    streams video, etc... will have substantially less battery life than someone who
    does none of those things.

Try not to get caught up in battery life as the end all and be all of a devices worth /
    usefulness. It is almost a guarantee that your experience will be very different from
    many others.
    Plus, all Blackberries have better battery life than those "other" phones
    07-15-12 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD