hi All,
    I am a newbie to blackberry and just got a free curve 8320. I want to do text editting on the go. Searching Dataviz docs i see their standard software is available in the version 4.5 software. T-mobile says my 8320 is shipping with ver. 4.2.2 Can I upgrade? and how? any document editting freeware out there that works well??

newbie harlybum,
    07-20-08 03:24 PM
    hi All,
    I am a newbie to blackberry and just got a free curve 8320. I want to do text editting on the go. Searching Dataviz docs i see their standard software is available in the version 4.5 software. T-mobile says my 8320 is shipping with ver. 4.2.2 Can I upgrade? and how? any document editting freeware out there that works well??

newbie harlybum,
    First off, welcome to CB. You can use Docs2Go with OS V 4.5. And yes you can upgrade. There is a official release out there but it's not from a US carrier.(it doesn't matter) If you are new to your device, I honestly suggest you wait a bit to upgrade. But, if you really want to you can, and the members here will be more than glad to help should you need it. So if you still want to, Download the latest version of Desktop Manager from HERE
    you are looking for DM v 4.5 Then download the 4.5 OS from HERE
    and make sure you select the OS for your model device. Then, follow Bmcclures tutorial on Proper Procedure For Upgrading & Downgrading and you should be set. Let us know if you have any questions or need anymore help.
    07-20-08 06:44 PM
    Second of all... do not post duplicate threads on CrackBerry!!

I answered your same exact question about 20 minutes ago...

On CB, one thread is enough to get all the answers you will ever need!
    07-20-08 06:49 PM
    hi All,

newbie harlybum,
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

07-20-08 06:57 PM
    Can you upgrade to 4.5 for the pearl ?

07-20-08 06:58 PM
    Can you upgrade to 4.5 for the pearl ?

If you can it would be a beta version most likely.
    07-20-08 06:59 PM
    If you can it would be a beta version most likely.
    ??a? WHAT!!!!

07-20-08 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD