Nice read for once :-) BlackBerry HOT?! YES!

BlackBerry, hot? Yes — here’s how they did it | New York Post

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 02:53 AM
    Awesome! Gotta love the Post, lol. Page 6 baby.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 03:45 AM
    And they even used a pic of a new BlackBerry. Wonders are never ceasing.

Posted via CB10
    .pinkberry likes this.
    03-02-14 09:44 AM
    Excellent. If enough people in the media claim that BlackBerry is hot, then it will become true. Marketing is everything in this day and age.

Which of course is why Apple is where it is today.
    03-02-14 09:56 AM
    Slowly we are seeing positive BlackBerry articles. It will take time for more writers to stick their necks out and actually publish more accurate and rightfully so positive articles on BlackBerry. However, the first quarter results of 2014 will be very bad for BlackBerry and this will definitely reverse or at least hamper this process. Once BlackBerry produces a positive quarter, then the positive articles will fly, fueling investor confidence along with consumer confidence. BlackBerry will return to a $6.00 share in the near future. Watch.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 10:03 AM
    Excellent. If enough people in the media claim that BlackBerry is hot, then it will become true.
    Actually, if the company is "hot", it's because of what the company has done, not because the "media" says so.

Which of course is why Apple is where it is today.
    Good point. Clearly, products don't matter. media coverage does. /s.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    03-02-14 10:07 AM
    I don't think Q1 will be that bad. Not great but not bad. They took the big write down in 2013 to clear the way for Chen. In retrospect, he probably accepted the job in summer 2013 with the rider that someone else take all the losses. BlackBerry is also changing it supply chain and it's carrier support scheme which will stem the big losses on hardware and carrier deployment.

BES10 is cranking up nicely with additional services and I think the handsets numbers will be OK.

There will still be losses (400-500 million) but the tide has turned.

I don't see stock price returning to 6 dollars. This price was simply too low.
    I see the floor at around 9 dollars.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 10:24 AM
    Actually, if the company is "hot", it's because of what the company has done, not because the "media" says so.

Good point. Clearly, products don't matter. media coverage does. /s.
    When it comes to the marketplace, perception is far more important than reality. There is nothing disruptive in any of the available platforms, yet sales figures are well aligned with marketing Budgets. That is not to say there are not advantages to each of the platforms, but that these marginal advantages do not explain the demand (or lack of demand).

Posted via CB10
    anon(5624621) and spikesolie like this.
    03-02-14 10:24 AM
    This can only be good for the company.

C0011B77E The Arsenal Channel
    03-02-14 10:30 AM
    One step at a time, whatever Mr. Chen is doing behind the scene is slowly changing some mindset.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    03-02-14 10:38 AM
    I don't think Q1 will be that bad. Not great but not bad. They took the big write down in 2013 to clear the way for Chen. In retrospect, he probably accepted the job in summer 2013 with the rider that someone else take all the losses. BlackBerry is also changing it supply chain and it's carrier support scheme which will stem the big losses on hardware and carrier deployment.

BES10 is cranking up nicely with additional services and I think the handsets numbers will be OK.

There will still be losses (400-500 million) but the tide has turned.

I don't see stock price returning to 6 dollars. This price was simply too low.
    I see the floor at around 9 dollars.

Posted via CB10
    I do hope you are more correct than me, but my $6.00 stock price is based on more than BlackBerry's performance alone. Sales will be dismal because the US carriers have abandoned BlackBerry completely. Can these sales be made up in Canada and the rest of the world. Perhaps. The other factor though is the rapid removal of actual dollars from the stock market itself will have an impact on all stick prices. But that is a different argument in itself.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:04 AM
    It's great to see a positive BlackBerry article, but the true test as to how BlackBerry is doing as a company will be revealed at the next earnings call at the end of this month. Until then I remain cautiously optimistic.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    03-02-14 12:17 PM
    I love it. Go BlackBerry go! hehe
    03-02-14 01:04 PM
    Are we witnessing the start of the actual turnaround? Oh sweet jeezus I hope so!

Z10 10.2.1.1925
    03-02-14 02:23 PM
    It takes this kind of media to coerce even an independent thought from the sheep. Just the other day I had a conversation (over bbm) with a friend who owns an iPhone. He says he can't believe how none of his iPhone contacts will even consider bbm because they are still thinking of BlackBerry as the old legacy devices. He himself loves bbm and channels and is frustrated that his contacts won't even look at it. As for myself, every time I get into a conversation with a phone kiosk rep at the mall or best buy about a plan or phone accessory or when we'll see the Z30 on AT&T I always get the "I loved my old torch or bold, etc" comment. I have to ask them if they are even aware that the new devices are completely different, more powerful and innovative that ios or android and on a new platform that doesn't even share a single line of code with the old platform. They look at me like I just started speaking to them in a different language. It's really something to see. Lmao! But I think it piques their interest. I've had several tell me they need to go back and take another close look at the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 04:48 PM
    WhatsApp? Really?? Still nice to see a positive BlackBerry article.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 04:49 PM
    The thing to remember is that this article is in the New York Post. This is a tabloid paper that hypes whatever is trendy. Sort of the BGR of the newspaper world. This is not to say the articles are fluff but they write what is catching people's eye. So eye balls are moving. That is good.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:10 PM