.....in a silly attempt to get them mad (oooh), the enduring impression of people who read this (especially non-members) will be that CB is full of childish, stupid, and silly people.
    You need to calm down.

If, please note that word carefully, he thought of incorrectly quoting you, it's not the end of the world. This is a blog on the internet! There's no point in name calling ("lie", "trollish", "childish", ...).

Si.
    02-06-13 06:39 PM
    RIM/BB should demand a retraction. This headline is a statement of fact that is incorrect.
    02-06-13 06:54 PM
    RIM/BB should demand a retraction. This headline is a statement of fact that is incorrect.
    No, if they do that, it could be interpreted that there is truth to the article. If the article is false, BB's best defence against is releasing concrete numbers that disprove it.
    richardat likes this.
    02-06-13 07:18 PM
    2) Blackberry users tend to be more intelligent....
    Settling for a RIM product, up until the Z10, suggests otherwise.

Until rim posts some actual sales numbers, all that can be safely said is that "this looks to have been a successful launch by blackberry standards." Most places probably only got 10-15 units because rim, wisely, did not manufacture tens of millions of the phones because they didn't want to get stuck with tons of surplus inventory they couldn't sell. Which, if you'll recall, is exactly what happened with the play book. Sheesh. How much was that write-down again? Seven-hundred million?

Having said that, I'm excited to fiddle with a Z10 whenever they're finally available here.
    Last edited by tchocky77; 02-06-13 at 08:56 PM.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-06-13 07:45 PM
    You need to calm down.

If, please note that word carefully, he thought of incorrectly quoting you, it's not the end of the world. This is a blog on the internet! There's no point in name calling ("lie", "trollish", "childish", ...).

Si.
    Hello simu31, you are incorrect. Please reread the posts in question. He did not try to quote me at all, but simply lied about what I said. As the discussion had already been reduced to the most simplistic terms possible (I'd say that of a 10 yr old), I think his disingenuous allegations are quite apparent.

Don't worry about me though, I assure you, I'm completely calm. Such an asinine ploy would not rile me up....it isn't even good trolling. Note though I absolutely stand by that term, if you reread the posts, I think that will be quite apparent. It was nothing more than a transparent, and noise-creating ploy to try to anger me. That sort of thing will never work with me. If my words do not convey that to you, I assure you, I am always calm in the face of trolling.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-06-13 07:53 PM
    No, if they do that, it could be interpreted that there is truth to the article. If the article is false, BB's best defence against is releasing concrete numbers that disprove it.
    Yes. Brmiller1976's statements makes no sense. First, the headline isn't meant to be "factual" in the manner he's implying."lackluster" is not an objectively defined term. The only thing BB can do is state that it is incorrect, and as you say, give numbers which prove the contrary. If they simply continue with the "that's false.....it was great!", it is not only ineffectual (to convincing the thoughtful observer that is) and - by omission of real numbers - suggests that in fact, it may be true.
    02-06-13 07:59 PM
    Sounds like some BS to me seeing what I'm reading on CB.
    02-06-13 08:05 PM
    In some cases, switching to an Android or iPhone would have been considered settling.
    02-06-13 08:17 PM
    [QUOTE=richardat;7945was clearly at odds with my actual premise.

.[/QUOTE]

My lord, be happy, Z10 flying off the shelves!
    02-06-13 08:26 PM
    I personally know Best Buy management and yesterday they were selling 10 Z10's to one of every other brand.
    That's huge imho.
    But Tom, it's this sort of disengenous reporting that starts all this rubbish. Selling 20 to 1 over other brands means nothing if the other brands is zero. Or one. Real numbers, please.
    alan510 likes this.
    02-06-13 08:44 PM
    Yeah because the hardware keyboard options are so plentiful from other manufacturers...
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-06-13 08:46 PM
    Yes. There is, as I've already pointed out. It is incorrect to conclude that selling all stock of BB's (assuming that it is true) is a "good" thing for BB. It is not. It is, again, ambiguous. We cannot make a judgment on it until we see the numbers. Sales are not "icing on the cake", and I trust the vast majority on this forum can at least acknowledge that. We do not want ANY sales, we need a "good" quantity of sales, if we do not get a "good" quantity, this is a bad thing for BB.

No. This is yet another lie. It is quite clearly in not compatible with either my first post ie. "To all the people arguing variations on : we Canadians pre-order, get shipment to our houses, won't stand in line, etc. I remind you that even were that true, it does not mean sales have been successful, only that we would then not know whether they have been. In a similar vein, a "sell-out" means nothing either, until we know how many were available., or my second post: Clearly it is ambiguous. It may be good or bad depending on how many phones were available

No. You did not. You stated premises that were NOT mine. Then dishonestly asserted they were mine, and that you agree. Then you reached a conclusion that was clearly at odds with my actual premise.

It is apparent that you intend to simply lie about what I have said and have no sincere interest in meaningful discussion. This is not only trollish, but simply: childish. It demeans everyone on this board to act out like this. It is fine to have a different opinion, and it is fine to have state you disagree, however, to carry out antics like this pollutes the board with noise, encourages this kind of behavior (thank goodness most, as emotional as their arguments may get, do not resort to this kind of absurdity, and again, makes CB look bad to anyone who reads it. If you care about the forum, please rethink your behavior.

It doesn't matter if people like me, or like you, or agree with me, or agree with you; when you blatantly misrepresent about what other people said, in a silly attempt to get them mad (oooh), the enduring impression of people who read this (especially non-members) will be that CB is full of childish, stupid, and silly people.
    Well, just go back and read your own posts. I think your logic is pretty straightforward. You agreed that BB10 Phones sold out but that could be the result of several factors. OK and you readily acknowledged that there were plenty of iPhones and the Samsung devices in the stores. So I simply put your two ideas together for you.

I guess what you don't like is that your thoughts compromise your main hypothesis. I feel sorry for you but you did it to yourself. Rather funny actually. As I said before, it sort of sucks when you defeat yourself. Might I suggest some night courses in basic philosophy.

You are simply working yourself into knots in attempt to make an argument work. In the end, it is always self defeating.
    Last edited by THBW; 02-06-13 at 08:56 PM.
    02-06-13 08:46 PM
    Well, just go back and read your own posts. I think your logic is pretty straightforward. You agreed that BB10 Phones sold out but that could be the result of several factors. OK and you readily acknowledged that there were plenty of iPhones and the Samsung devices in the stores. So I simply put your two ideas together for you.

I guess what you don't like is that your thoughts compromise your main hypothesis. I feel sorry for you but you did it to yourself. Rather funny actually. As I said before, it sort of sucks when you defeat yourself. Might I suggest some night courses in basic philosophy.
    Give the trolling a rest. It seems like all you ever do is debate other people's posting habits. Not only is it becoming increasingly insufferable, but it's also against the forum rules. Knock it off.
    richardat and black hole like this.
    02-06-13 08:50 PM
    Give the trolling a rest. It seems like all you ever do is debate other people's posting habits. Not only is it becoming increasingly insufferable, but it's also against the forum rules. Knock it off.
    Hmm, a blackberry fan trolling on a blackberry fan site. I'm not sure that is possible. But OK. The basic problem is that your trying to make an argument that doesn't really work. I think most of us have figured this out. As I said before, I might suggest some basic philosophy courses and reviewing of the concept of paired comparisons. You might not like what you read.
    02-06-13 09:19 PM
    Hmm, a blackberry fan trolling on a blackberry fan site. I'm not sure that is possible. But OK. The basic problem is that your trying to make an argument that doesn't really work. I think most of us have figured this out. As I said before, I might suggest some basic philosophy courses and reviewing of the concept of paired comparisons. You might not like what you read.
    What if I told you, you only sound like you're trying to sound intelligent, but not actually intelligent?
    02-06-13 09:23 PM
    Visited six stores in Edmonton but I only found a working Z10 to test drive once. All the others were just dummy models. Hard to get excited by a plastic model.
    02-06-13 09:28 PM
    What if I told you, you only sound like you're trying to sound intelligent, but not actually intelligent?
    I'm just providing some helpful comments that might improve the quality of the arguments. I think this is OK unless your not interested in actual debating.
    02-06-13 09:34 PM
    I don't think you understand what the word "philosophy" means.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-06-13 09:38 PM
    I don't think you understand what the word "philosophy" means.
    Roughly speaking philosophy centers on the concept of free thought. Do you know what a scholastic is?
    02-06-13 09:44 PM
    But you're using the word as though you might mean logic, rather than philosophy.
    02-06-13 09:55 PM
    But you're using the word as though you might mean logic, rather than philosophy.
    Logic is one of the foundational elements of philosophy. You can't separate the two and expect a reasoned argument. You didn't answer my question. Time for bed.
    Last edited by THBW; 02-06-13 at 10:15 PM.
    02-06-13 10:02 PM
    Actually their best defence in this case is to do nothing and let the comments from the carriers that call this their best ever sales of blackberry devices do the talking for them.
    02-07-13 02:44 AM
    Ontario blackberry z10 for sale, new & used blackberry z10 wanted - Kijiji Classifieds
    There is a growing demand on kijjiji foriphone 5 trade ins for a Z10,people are even offering cash along with their iphones
    02-07-13 04:14 AM
    Lol...NYT definitely published that article in assumption. When blackberry introduces their full sales figures, it's going to get kind of embarrassing for NYT. And here we go:

RIM hails best day ever for a Canadian Blackberry launch
    02-07-13 05:50 AM
    Well, just go back and read your own posts. I think your logic is pretty straightforward. You agreed that BB10 Phones sold out.
    a lie (I have explicitly said that I am unsure whether it is true)
    but that could be the result of several factors. OK and you readily acknowledged that there were plenty of iPhones and the Samsung devices in the stores. .
    a lie ( I didn't address THAT issue at all! LOL)
    So I simply put your two ideas together for you. .
    a lie. (not my ideas.....see above)
    I guess what you don't like is that your thoughts compromise your main hypothesis..
    As I've written clearly and repeatedly: my main hypothesis was that a "sellout" doesn't tell us anything about whether sales were good/bad. Neither premise falsely attributed to me would actually compromise this, but of course, I didn't even argue those things anyways.
    \ I feel sorry for you but you did it to yourself. Rather funny actually. As I said before, it sort of sucks when you defeat yourself. Might I suggest some night courses in basic philosophy..
    Actually, it has worked against you. As you can see from other posts, I'm afraid the other posters aren't so dimwitted as you presumed. Now I no longer have to even spend the seconds to refute lies - so that is that! Clearly, you are a troll who just wants attention, but you went to far. In your desperation to find ways to extend the attention, my direct replies drove you to such absurd tactics that you are now completely exposed. THAT is actually quite funny, and a rare clear win over the internet troll. LOL. How sad is it when you fail at being an internet troll??!
    02-07-13 06:05 AM
193 ... 5678