Hey guys, not sure If anyone has experience this problem. I recently got a student subscription to NY times so I downloaded the app. During the last week or so, I've woken up to or seen on my phone a few times that the app was open. I just assumed I forgot to close the active frame or opened it by accident (I don't keep apps open) .

But then I realized this was happening too frequently so I think the app sometimes just opens on it own. Anyone know a fix for this?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:15 PM
    I haven't had that problem but I do have a problem with the app it always notifies me of the same article twice. I've talked to NYTimes tech people and they can't resolve it. I've turned off all notifications for NYTimes app and re-turned them on and still same problem.

Posted via CB10
    RWB3325 likes this.
    11-01-14 04:13 PM
    Hey guys, not sure If anyone has experience this problem. I recently got a student subscription to NY times so I downloaded the app. During the last week or so, I've woken up to or seen on my phone a few times that the app was open. I just assumed I forgot to close the active frame or opened it by accident (I don't keep apps open) .

But then I realized this was happening too frequently so I think the app sometimes just opens on it own. Anyone know a fix for this?

Posted via CB10
    The NYT app / does/ open on its own, especially during idle times on the BlackBerry (I have a Z10, 10.3 1.1016), and I don't find anything in settings or permissions that would stop this from happening. I've just changed Permissions so that the app is disconnected from BBM and we'll see what happens.

Not the worst app to open spontaneously, though. Could have been the WSJ app... :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:35 PM
    I also get the double notification but have not seen it open on its own.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.3253
    11-01-14 07:36 PM
    And when you open the "link" the notification it doesn't take you to that article. Double alerts make me cranky. But I'd rather have two than none.

BleedBlk-
    11-01-14 07:41 PM
    WSJ app is terrible! NYT has some kinks to work out, but overall a solid app and excellent news. Most every exec I work with has a glance through it before work...walking into a meeting without glancing at NYT means (in most cirumstances I'm in) that i'd be the least educated person in the room
    Agree. And I was making a small political commentary, only semi facetious, about not wanting the WSJ app to open at all. The NYT is my news bible. I used to subscribe to the WSJ in print, then online, but Rupert Murdoch has made it unreliable by injecting ideological bias into the news division, that is, he has breached the traditional firewall between news and editorial. I know this from inside sources at the Journal.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 09:38 AM
    Support for the BlackBerry version of this application is very low priority there. The saved articles section used to sync with your account and you could read them across devices, but it was left behind after 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 08:57 PM
    It also opens automatically on my Q10

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 02:58 AM
    I have never had this issue on my Q10. I do get double notifications.

OP: perhaps try deleting it. Perform a phone reboot. Then re install it. Might help might not.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    11-04-14 07:08 AM
    And when you open the "link" the notification it doesn't take you to that article. Double alerts make me cranky. But I'd rather have two than none.

BleedBlk-
    Yes! This is another problem I have as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:20 AM
    It doesn't open automatically for me on my Q10 but I do get the double notification

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 09:33 AM