My 8330 is currently nuked, screen says Reload Software:507.

I am trying to install the sw but I keep running into a weird error. I have downloaded and installed the sw version on the pc. Then, when I double click on the loader.exe file to install it it starts to install, I get to the screen where it recognizes my pin and then it comes back with the following message:

The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device you have connected to your pc.

I have tried another 8330 software version and have the same problem. I've been fighting this for hours -- can someone please help? I've loaded sw on this phone several times and never had this issue. Please help!!!!
    01-31-10 03:15 PM
    On those software versions, are they non-verizon OS's and did you delete the
    vendor files?
    01-31-10 03:16 PM
    Windows Control Panel. Verify you have both BlackBerry Desktop Manager and your device software installed.

If your downloaded software if from a different carrier, you will have to remove the security file vendor.xml.
    01-31-10 03:17 PM
    I've deleted the vendor files....I am further now than I was before. The loader wizard has completed now and said that the update is complete but my berry is still spinning -- not powering up all the way. The hourglass is just spinning.
    01-31-10 03:56 PM
    The hourglass is just spinning ...
    Perfect. That tells you all is well. It can take quite a while, do not interrupt it until it has finished building the home page and verifying security.
    01-31-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD