Nuance is the company that has for a while now, provided the voice recognition software for our Blackberries. Vlingo I think has made the best application for BB7 which approximates Siri or Google Now for our BB's currently. Nuance recently merged with Vlingo.

I was just thinking ahead to BB10 and figure RIM will talk to Nuance again to help provide some sort of next step software as a partner. Recently (just last week I believe) Nuance came out with "Dragon Mobile Assistant Beta" which appears to be Nuance/Vlingo taken to the next step, for Android and coming for Apple soon. I think we might see a version of this - tweaked for BB made in conjunction with RIM's engineers that could be very nice addition?

You can check out the software here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=zAVQlgr5OXE
    11-09-12 11:37 AM
    Yeah, it was supposed to expand on Dragon Go's functionality, but it seems to be a hit or miss.

I had to get creative on how I installed this as it is not listed as an app that is compatible with my device for some weird reason.
    11-09-12 11:57 AM
    Yeah, it was supposed to expand on Dragon Go's functionality, but it seems to be a hit or miss.

I had to get creative on how I installed this as it is not listed as an app that is compatible with my device for some weird reason.
    The "S Voice" on your GS3 is made by Samsung with some Nuance/Vlingo technology. The reason it might not have shown available for your phone is they have a mutual "non- compete" clause I would guess.
    11-09-12 12:41 PM