07-23-13 12:42 PM
    Which is why I have a Blackberry.
    Moving on....
    07-23-13 01:01 PM
    That was a good article, mainly why I have a BlackBerry. I hate you can't edit permissions on other os

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by aboldcurve; 07-23-13 at 01:59 PM.
    07-23-13 01:15 PM
    Well is another way of looking at BB but with news in mind a good one...
    Need more publicity like to help survive
    07-23-13 01:24 PM
    Apple and Google harvest your data and share it with the NSA. BlackBerry not only doesn't harvest your data, it can’t. The technology prohibits it.
    This is maybe the funniest thing I've read here in weeks.

If you don't think BBRY has access to at least SOME of your data, you are delusional. And the "technology prohibits it"? BB10 devices not on BES10 don't have any more real security than any other device. You think NSA or any other government's spy agency can't slurp up all of your unencrypted communications? HAHAHAHA.

BB10 has it's strengths, but this guy who wrote this article is a Kool-Aid drinker who isn't very connected to reality. It's fine to support a company you like, but do it for REAL reasons, not ones you invented out of pieced-together marketing-speak.
    h20work, bekkay, jcsf123 and 7 others like this.
    07-23-13 01:25 PM
    This is maybe the funniest thing I've read here in weeks.

If you don't think BBRY has access to at least SOME of your data, you are delusional. And the "technology prohibits it"? BB10 devices not on BES10 don't have any more real security than any other device. You think NSA or any other government's spy agency can't slurp up all of your unencrypted communications? HAHAHAHA.

BB10 has it's strengths, but this guy who wrote this article is a Kool-Aid drinker who isn't very connected to reality. It's fine to support a company you like, but do it for REAL reasons, not ones you invented out of pieced-together marketing-speak.
    The author is CharlieHipHop, he posts some "interesting" stuff here
    bekkay likes this.
    07-23-13 01:34 PM
    That would be one hell of a commercial. Feed into the popular anti-spying sentiment right now and sell some phones. Wouldn't be too difficult taking shots at apple and Google.
    edu3110 likes this.
    07-23-13 01:34 PM
    Maybe under a new name...
    Attached Thumbnails NSA doesn't want you to have a blackberry-chh.png  
    mikeo007 and h20work like this.
    07-23-13 01:48 PM
    Lmao. He has an obsession with requesting your blackberry pin if you say anything negative about BlackBerry (c) his countless requests towards QBNKelt & reeneebob.

Exhibit B using Tapatalk
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-23-13 01:50 PM
    BlackBerry recently kowtowed to the government of India to provide the government to intercept BB to BB communication in the name of national security. BIS implies security is a delusion perpetuated for years. Never underestimate the power of governments to compel business entities to do things, however immoral/wrong they are, in the name of national security and patriotism.
    07-23-13 01:52 PM
    I absolutely love my BB. Plus with all the security features it has makes it a must have phone in my book. I can careless about going back to Apple or Android since I laid my hands on his kickarse device.
    07-23-13 03:46 PM
    Lmao. He has an obsession with requesting your blackberry pin if you say anything negative about BlackBerry (c) his countless requests towards QBNKelt & reeneebob.

Exhibit B using Tapatalk
    Obviously a great guy that CharlieHipHop. Totall #BOSS.
    theRock1975 and h20work like this.
    07-23-13 04:00 PM
    BlackBerry recently kowtowed to the government of India to provide the government to intercept BB to BB communication in the name of national security. BIS implies security is a delusion perpetuated for years. Never underestimate the power of governments to compel business entities to do things, however immoral/wrong they are, in the name of national security and patriotism.
    The new iteration of BB Protect does not perform backup. It is all done locally on your computer. You can back up with the carriers (Verizon, etc.) but BlackBerry does not store the information to be retrieved on BB10 and above. Unlike Apple and Android whom store it "in the cloud."

The only reason Apple and Android have the information is because it is stored in backups. Unless you are saying that, because BBM goes through BlackBerry servers, they have access. Which I am unsure why they would store massive amounts of encrypted data if it can only be used to satisfy the subpoena of a third party. It would be a better policy to not keep it and tell the third party you do not keep it. BES is secure from government action because the messages and email go through the employer's servers, not BlackBerry's. Texts and phone calls aren't that secure however. That is my understanding.
    gobimmer likes this.
    07-23-13 04:39 PM
    I started to read it when I noticed the the author. There is an ever growing number of deluded fans who've lost their damn minds trying to figure out how BBRY hasn't taken off.
    h20work likes this.
    07-23-13 04:44 PM
    It's a double bluff - the NSA is BEHIND BBRY!
    xalicks likes this.
    07-23-13 04:45 PM
    And they say 50 Shades of Grey was wonky. BlackBerry fan fiction is the BEST.
    Fuzzballz and h20work like this.
    07-23-13 04:58 PM
    Yes BlackBerry failures are all because of the evil American Media and Government and has nothing to do with BlackBerry sitting with its thumb up its @$$ for over 5 years! It all has to do with BlackBerry supporting AES encryption with all the other players support too! Step away from the keyboard, put on your tin foil hat, and stick your head in the microwave!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 05:15 PM
    That was a good article, mainly why I have a BlackBerry. I hate you can't edit permissions on other os

Posted via CB10
    That isn't exactly true. I revoke permissions on my Nexus 4 whenever I feel the need too. In the screenshot below, any permission you see that is pink has been revoked.

NSA doesn't want you to have a blackberry-screenshot_2013-07-23-18-28-24.png

In this example, I'm using Candy Crush, but I can edit permissions and settings for any app. For example, Carbon is a twitter app that only works in Portrait, I modified it to where it will work in landscape and revoked some of its permission all from my phone, no PC, or extracted apk required.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    07-23-13 05:30 PM
    Maybe for those instances but that's not the case for 75% of these apps. Especially Google apps, require to use gps and contact information for advertisement purposes.. I just got rid of an android phone last week.

@chrisjaam
    07-23-13 05:36 PM
    Maybe for those instances but that's not the case for 75% of these apps. Especially Google apps, require to use gps and contact information for advertisement purposes.. I just got rid of an android phone last week.

@chrisjaam
    This was just one reason I got rid of my SG3 .

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 08:45 PM
    This is a good article; another good reason for BlackBerry over an iPhone is that it is easy to take the battery out of a BlackBerry.
    One needs a tool to take the battery out of and iPhone and they recommend that it be done by a professional.

I have read about software that can be put on smart phones where they will become like a transmitter in that the person or party on the other end can hear every thing that is being said in say a meeting/room where that phone is. CEO's who are aware of this will take the batteries out of there phones when they are in meetings where they don't wont to take any chances.

I would have to say this may be the same if one does not wont to be tracked by there phones via its gps, I am not sure about this?
    Looks like that would be the case!
    07-23-13 09:21 PM
    Just my opinion. The nsa can suck a sweaty ball sack.

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483
    07-23-13 09:41 PM
    There is a difference when a government tells you they are spying on you, it's quite another when they don't! (NSA, if you're listening, and we know you are, there is nothing to see here. We are just a bunch of fun-living blackberry users!)

From Zed to U via CB10
    07-23-13 09:47 PM
    That "article" sounds like something that crazy kook David Icke would write. It's nothing more than a rambling screed full of disinformation and unsubstantiated claims.

BlackBerry *is* a secure mobile platform but that doesn't imply that everything BB does is in the best interests of its customers.
    07-24-13 02:24 AM
    This makes me laugh. The author has no insight into what the NSA can do. He's just selling a story that has the letters N.S.A and Blackberry in it.
    h20work likes this.
    07-24-13 02:34 AM
49 12