And further, some messages are not gutting the read receipt on my end..yet I know it's been read cuz I'm getting responses from them in a live conversation with them answering questions from messages that don't even show as delivered yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 03:37 PM
    Firstly, I am a died in the wool BlackBerry fan...have been since 2002...paid full price in cash for PlayBook (which turned out to be disappointment) and full price in cash for my current Z10...which I LOVE... but now I truly believe BlackBerry Will not make it...which saddens me.

Here's why...

...BBM is not reliable across platforms. Most around me are on iPhones. I couldn't wait to get them on BBM so they can communicate with me when I travel. They have now done so. And, we've used it enough to discover that messages are not reliably delivered to iPhone on BBM. It often works, but also the is often delay of as much as 2 days before delivery.

This is a deal breaker. Reliability is fundamental and without that we are doomed.

Very sad...

Posted via CB10
    Forget reliability, and other than security. Without voice, video and channels soon, I installed xbbm since the launch, and the friends who installed it as well, not a single person is using xbbm now or slowly fading away as their main message program and even myself is thinking of uninstalling due to usage.
    11-14-13 03:04 AM
    Lady, you've got some issues to tend to. I'm not sure why you think everyone is "attacking" you personally, but if you can't take criticism of your posts then you're posting in the wrong forum. I'm sure there is a "everyone agrees with everyone else" thread somewhere.

Single-finger flickin' so good it make you wanna slap you mamma. Zed you very much!
    well....allow me to welcome you to Crackberry.

As to your post....I hope you enjoyed writing it.
    11-14-13 03:27 AM
    No, it's not just education. I clearly understand the blue "D" the green "R" and the check mark. What I don't understand is why one would get a red timer for almost an hour when both users are in good coverage areas... showing that something is drastically wrong with delivery reliability. And then finally, all the messages dump through at the same time.

And why is it OK to accept this... and just expect users to use a backup system when things don't work?

While I do understand what you're saying, frankly everyone that is "excusing" this poor performance from BB really befuddles me. One of BlackBerry's entire claims to fame was reliability. Heck, there's been talk about how the new QNX is going to revolutionize even the auto industry by being installed in cars. How will that ever happen without reliability. Again.. we're not talking about a complicated application here with BBM.

A messenger application should not be rocket science (especially when it doesn't even include voice/video cross platform yet). When even standard SMS is more reliable, something is VERY wrong. I've had more problems with reliability in BBM during the past week than I had during an entire decade using simple simple SMS text messaging. Does anyone consider that acceptable? And if so, why?

I don't understand those willing to so easily excuse this poor performance. I've already lost about half of the folks I'd convinced to use BBM on iPhones... simply because it is not reliable. BB will never regain any market share with such trends.

BlackBerry used to be the company one could rely on just about as much as ATM machines. And quite frankly, there is no reason BBM shouldn't be as reliable as an ATM. Would anyone consider to keep using an ATM if it failed even 1 out 100 times?

Users of BB, at least in the past, used to be movers and shakers, people making things happen... and reliability was expected (and delivered). Why is that no longer the case? Why are many so fast to excuse such poor performance? A BB is not a toy. It is something even presidents have relied on. Why no more?
    I'm so sorry you have totally no understanding of the messaging network.

No telco's will be able to guarantee that the sms's sent out from your device is even delivered to the recipient, but you'll be charged for it.

Other messaging apps will just show you that the message has been sent but it may not even be sent, coz it has just left your phone. To the user they think it is already sent & read even though it may not be true. BBM gives you the status as to which state that message is at.

So for giving you have status it is considered unreliable?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 12:27 PM
    I'm so sorry you have totally no understanding of the messaging network.

No telco's will be able to guarantee that the sms's sent out from your device is even delivered to the recipient, but you'll be charged for it.

Other messaging apps will just show you that the message has been sent but it may not even be sent, coz it has just left your phone. To the user they think it is already sent & read even though it may not be true. BBM gives you the status as to which state that message is at.

So for giving you have status it is considered unreliable?

Posted via CB10
    No, it's less reliable because it's less reliable, ie messages sent on other messaging apps reach the recipient, messages through BBM don't always. Simples.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 04:20 PM
    No, it's less reliable because it's less reliable, ie messages sent on other messaging apps reach the recipient, messages through BBM don't always. Simples.

Posted via CB10
    The fact is that there is no apps that guarantee that messages sent will reach the recipient. They just indicate it to you that it is sent. BBM is just more transparent, simple.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:19 PM
    So bloody frustrating...BBM currently down again between BlackBerry and iPhones...

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 10:08 AM
182 ... 678