Is it possible to have it beep or ring through the headset saying you have a sms or email? Or will it only ring for calls? This would be really helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 04:14 PM
    not that i know of. i have several different bluetooth headsets and none of them do this.
    06-05-09 09:08 PM
    I have the iCom BT device which I use with my Phonak hearing aids. The Bold only sends notification (noties) when there is an incoming phone call. However, the iPod Touch sends a notie via Icom when I get an email. I don't see any setting for email noties in the Bold's Profiles, so I wouldn't count on it.
    07-11-09 01:04 PM
    I was thinking about writing an app to do this, and maybe even run text-to-speech so you could hear your emails without taking your phone out of your pocket.

It might actually be possible, but I would need to investigate/play around with it some more.
    07-12-09 02:08 AM
    I have the Jawbone Prime and it does notify. Actually it notifies me with my specific tones I have set up for SMS/Email and specific caller ID ringtones. Really pleased with it. I have the Storm and running 4.7.0.151 if that helps.
    07-19-09 09:31 AM
    I have the Jawbone Prime and it does notify. Actually it notifies me with my specific tones I have set up for SMS/Email and specific caller ID ringtones. Really pleased with it. I have the Storm and running 4.7.0.151 if that helps.
    Is this because of the Jawbone or did you change the settings on your blackberry to do this?

I got a cheap bluetooth headset and was just wondering if I could get notifications for texts and emails through the headset or both the headset and the phone.
    01-05-10 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD