Nice work. Hope the real owner can be reunited with their beloved berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 09:10 AM
    OP, you're all class, man. Good for you.
    07-15-09 10:35 AM
    Wow, the fact that the only 4 numbers in it aren't recognizing that number makes me wonder if it was a throwaway phone from a dealer or something!

If you can't get any info from the carrier keep it.
    07-15-09 10:45 AM
    Man, I thought people like u had died off a long time ago. It feels good to know that ur trying to help someone get their BlackBerry back. Most people would have tried to sell it. I hope someone comes forward though.
    07-15-09 11:55 AM
    crazy that there was no sim card in it... well if you cant find the owner you earned that BB and its yours to keep... as a backup.. or somethin
    07-15-09 12:03 PM
    You could always try to google the PIN, might turn up the owner? Mine is on a sticker, underneath the battery next to the ESN.
    07-15-09 12:07 PM
    If you put your sim card in it wouldnt the people that you called see your personal phone number and not the person that lost it. That is probably why they asked how you got there number??

Maybe, i think thats how it works
    07-15-09 12:15 PM
    Good for you. There is not enough honest people around anymore

07-15-09 12:51 PM
    Another possibility would be to send an email to the (default) email attached to that device. Thanks for bieng so great, I know I would appreciate it if it were mine!!

That's a good suggestion. A look through Service Books should reveal all the email addresses linked to the device. At least one of them might also be read by the owner at a PC.

Maybe some other contact info is lurking in any IM clients. Also look for the Owner info in the Lock screen.
    07-15-09 01:20 PM
    If you put your sim card in it wouldnt the people that you called see your personal phone number and not the person that lost it. That is probably why they asked how you got there number??

Maybe, i think thats how it works
    Yes, as I was reading the thread I was going to comment on that.

The phone number is on the SIM, not tied to the device.

You can check to see if there are any other email addresses set up in Messages/Options/Email Settings or Options/Advanced Options/Default Services, then email one of them if there is anything in there... but that's up to you in the end. You've gone well beyond the call of duty so far!

Cheers.
    07-15-09 01:21 PM
    Yep. Sounds like karma has found a winner..
    07-15-09 01:27 PM
    07-15-09 01:46 PM
    Not that strange. Either he's decided to sell it after looking extensively for the owner, or an eBay seller used his photos.
    07-15-09 02:02 PM
    10 grand is strange LOL.

clearly it's not the OP, beyond the 10 grand starting bid price ---

"It's only been in my holster for 2 weeks and has only the most tiny and indistinct of scratches, almost perfect condition."

Plus the ebay post can't spell for sht.

just noticed the ebay page has the same username.. HMM.. wtf OP? lol sketchy sketchy!
    Last edited by andrewopolis; 07-15-09 at 02:11 PM.
    07-15-09 02:06 PM
    WOW!. That would be a RED FLAG for ebay to cancel the posters profile.
    07-15-09 02:15 PM
    Now the plot thickens with that ebay posting for $10,000. Weird.
    07-15-09 02:19 PM
    The only thing I could think...

He put it on E-bay with a price NOONE will pay...just to get it viewable by the public.

Hopefully being viewed by the original owner. I could definitely find a better way of doing it though.

But yet it includes a charger, sync cable and manual...odd...
    07-15-09 02:22 PM
    The OP is in violation of our No Advertising policy.

No Advertising Policy
    CrackBerry.com maintains a No Advertising policy in the forums. Individuals/Businesses may not make posts promoting the sale of their own Products (Accessories, Services, Software, Themes, etc.) within the forums. Traffic Leaching is strictly prohibited. ...
    $10,000 opening bid?

You could always try to google the PIN, might turn up the owner? Mine is on a sticker, underneath the battery next to the ESN.
    Forums.CrackBerry.com.... PIN: 31CBCBC3. Join Date: Jan 2009. Posts: 269 ...
    07-15-09 02:26 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD