The more I read the reviews on the Z10 the more I'm inclined to stick with my 9900.
    There are a lot of settings missing in the Z10 that my 7.1 has that I'm not ready to part with.
    Although I'm waiting on the Q10 I hope some of these missing custom settings are retored to the 10's operating system.
    If they aren't I may just have to stockpile a few 9900's.
    02-12-13 06:38 PM
    If they aren't I may just have to stockpile a few 9900's.
    Just FWIW, my local Verizon store has no more 9930's in stock, and hasn't for months they said. Even Amazon said "one left in stock," though I'm sure that changes constantly.

I'm tempted to hang onto my 9650 as well. At least until and if BlackBerry makes BB10 as functional, convenient and useful as BBOS.
    02-12-13 06:56 PM
    I only got my 9790 in november.. I'm waiting for the q10.. What a smokin hot device. I know were talking about os 7. I'm with you. I love it. I also love my playbook and how well it works with my 9790. I'm ok to wait for when the q10 is ready.
    02-12-13 07:28 PM
    I have a Curve 9360 which I think is the ultimate pocketable phone. I do 99 % of what I need to do with the stock apps that come with the phone (not a very exciting life I suppose!) But I do also make use Of tune in radio, evernote and a banking app. Having a playbook to go along with the phone has me pretty much set for the forseeable future.
    02-12-13 08:49 PM
    I just put my Bold 9930 to rest and kept my WP8 Nokia Lumia 822. I figure we have a few years left on OS7 and that will be it. I don't like what I see in the new Z10 so I am sticking with Windows platform for now. I would of been very happy keeping my Bold if I knew it would be supported longer.
    02-12-13 08:56 PM
    There is nothing about OS7 that could keep me from upgrading to BB10. I love my 9900, but then the completely random freezes, long reboots, battery pulls, and subpar battery life upset me more and more everyday. The performance of BB10 alone makes me want to upgrade. Just my opinion
    See this suggests there's something extremely wrong with BB7. No question they did the brand a great deal of harm. All it takes is a quick perusal of these boards to quickly put a potential buyer off blackberry. ( before February I mean. All indications are that the BB10 is a solid, if not "revolutionary" device that finally brings it on par with the other players in the game.)
    02-12-13 09:03 PM
    Os7 is my favorite BlackBerry Os as well. Maybe because it had more Tim to be perfected. I just don't understand why a newer Os has less features. Oh well it is what it is.....

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 09:20 PM
    I agee with the OP! Love my 9900 and I would have been elated if they just used the same OS but added a faster browser, 8mp camera with the new edit program, and the size of a Q10
    02-12-13 09:34 PM
    I'm due an upgrade now with ATT and want a Z10, but I'm sorry to have missed the OS7 experience. Thinking about buying a 9810 used. I bet they are cheap in Canada now. What is their equivalent to Craigslist?
    02-13-13 07:46 AM
    There's a lot to like in OS6 and 7.

Frankly I haven't had any of the "constant crashing and freezing problems" that other people claim to have, but there's also a tendency to exaggerate things like this. Pulling the battery once per month doesn't constitute "constant crashing" in my mind.
    There's also the tendency for folks who don't have that many issues to question others who genuinely have issues. You think there'd be that many complaints here if it was just a matter of pulling battery pulls once a month?
    There's a reason why the most asked question for any 9900 OS leak thread is "how is the battery life"

In most of my conversations with former BB users on the wonders of BB10, the first thing i almost always get asked is "Does it hang and freeze like the 9900?"
    02-13-13 08:38 AM
    Wanna install an app? better reboot your phone! Wanna delete an app? better reboot your phone! Battery seems bad? Better do your daily battery pull!

os7 is like a modern day feature phone.
    02-13-13 09:05 AM
    OS 7.1 is awesome if you have about 18% Flash free or more... If less than that, you'll see frequent freezes and or sluggishness.

To see how much flash free you have, go to device analyzer. Delete apps if you have to, reboot and see how responsive the phone is.
    02-13-13 11:07 AM
    I'm due an upgrade now with ATT and want a Z10, but I'm sorry to have missed the OS7 experience. Thinking about buying a 9810 used. I bet they are cheap in Canada now. What is their equivalent to Craigslist?
    Canada's equivalent to Craigslist? Tht would be Craigslist
    02-13-13 12:53 PM
    OS 7.1 is awesome if you have about 18% Flash free or more... If less than that, you'll see frequent freezes and or sluggishness.

To see how much flash free you have, go to device analyzer. Delete apps if you have to, reboot and see how responsive the phone is.
    Out of curiosity, how many BBM contacts do you have? And how many BBM groups do you belong to?
    02-13-13 01:28 PM
    You still use OS7?

Nothing wrong with BlackBerry O7-image.png
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-13-13 01:42 PM
    Canada's equivalent to Craigslist? Tht would be Craigslist

I thought there was something else down there, but hey, copy that. Thanks.
    02-13-13 08:49 PM
    You might be thinking of kijiji
    02-14-13 04:11 AM
    You might be thinking of kijiji

Yes that's it. Which is better; kijiji or craigslist?
    02-14-13 07:05 AM
    In Canada probably kijiji.
    02-14-13 07:56 AM
    Kijiji.ca by far. Way more users & listings. Do a search for a 9810 on each site for a Canadian city.

On the OS7 topic, having tested a Z10 at our business telecom provider, I'm sticking with my solid, fully customizeable, non-freezing, fully-bridgeable warhorse of a 9810 for now. Will check again when the Q-10 drops.

Cheers,
    02-14-13 07:56 AM
    IMHO......BBOS7, is the best communication device ....hands down, but thats it. I guess the question is.....how much do YOU want your mobile device to do?
    02-14-13 08:02 AM
    After i found out about the USA delayed release of the Z10, I decided to "explore" the different smartphone market and after six years with Blackberry devices, purchased a SG3 and ....WOW.......PERIOD!!!
    02-14-13 08:20 AM
47 12